• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

Staff of Rhyn +4

If it's the glowing effect you get when you equip it, I'm ok :P ... but the cleric's staff (STAF19) seems to have a similar effect while being a +3 weapon ;)

I guess the author wanted him to look and feel awesome ... referring to the dialogues :lol: Maybe a custom staff with all sorts of awesome effects might do him justice! :P

what flags?

Original STAF11 has Identified & Unstealable set ... he can't drop it cause he's too awesome to die :ROFL: I mean he has MINHP01 :P

Ok, I'll do it like this then... an unstealable glowing staff

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#42 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

New version uploaded 1.6!!

This version has just new components: the SoBH fix (see discussion above), and the revised table for XP rewards for trap disarming, lockpicking and spell learning, which should both prevent an excess in XP in the first parts of BG1, and grant the original rewards during SoA and ToB.

Could you please help me in testing the SoBH fix? I've never played it..

Edited by Turambar, 16 October 2010 - 10:29 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#43 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

Should probably work - unless some mod decides to give the Cleric's Staff an effect that makes people undetectable :lol:

Also, something I noticed just now is that IR actually removes the invisibility from STAF11 (which might explain why I could see Mr. Bob in my old ppaythrough) Methinks some other mod overwrites IR's already overwritten item leading to the current mess ... :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#44 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:02 AM

this fix-pack is included in BWP? or I need to install after I made my Tactics install?

#45 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

this fix-pack is included in BWP? or I need to install after I made my Tactics install?

No, it's not included in BWP (at least, not yet); it can/should be installed quite at the end, so no problem if you install it after everything; with the exception of the worldmap fix, which only works if you install it before the worldmap. But that's a minor fix.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#46 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

Ready. As you ask. I'm sorry for delay 'cause I have a lot of work... :doh:

Attached Files

Edited by prowler, 08 November 2010 - 09:53 AM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#47 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:14 AM

Another one :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  tur.txt   50bytes   347 downloads

Murloc-translator

#48 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

Are there any other NPC's which might have issues with the invisibility problem?

I ask, because I already fixed it myself in NearInfinity. I'd rather not install any other mods on top of what I already have in there (I used the mega-world thing, whatever it was called) because I don't want to risk breaking anything.

But if this crops up later I might as well do something now to the invisibility ability on the item so nothing happens to me later down the line. Are there any other invisible modifications that can result in the same sort of thing - inaccessible people?

The reason I want to keep my install intact so much is that I've never actually beaten any of the original games, let alone played any of the huge mods that are in my game now (besides the early ones like bonehill).

#49 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

Are there any other NPC's which might have issues with the invisibility problem?

I ask, because I already fixed it myself in NearInfinity. I'd rather not install any other mods on top of what I already have in there (I used the mega-world thing, whatever it was called) because I don't want to risk breaking anything.

But if this crops up later I might as well do something now to the invisibility ability on the item so nothing happens to me later down the line. Are there any other invisible modifications that can result in the same sort of thing - inaccessible people?

The reason I want to keep my install intact so much is that I've never actually beaten any of the original games, let alone played any of the huge mods that are in my game now (besides the early ones like bonehill).

I haven't met/been told of any other problems like that, yet.
Of course, I'll thank very much whoever tells me any new bug to be fixed

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#50 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

any new bug to be fixed

Well, there's this thing between Refinements and Every Mod & Dog that's been plaguing the BWP since god knows when :P Related to wolfm.itm

You'll find the relevant info in the first 5-6 google results (There are more threads in G3 and Kerzenburg but I'm lazy atm :P)

There's also the mighty Exnem's Vault that should be overhauled in order to NOT break reevor.cre and whatever other things it breaks :lol:

Sorry for being a pest :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#51 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:16 AM

There's also the mighty Exnem's Vault that should be overhauled in order to NOT break reevor.cre and whatever other things it breaks :lol:

Unless I misremember you can install either BGT or Exnem's Vault without having problems. It was when BGT was installed on top of Exnem's Vault the problem arose.

#52 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:38 AM

Redirected for hot non-cluttering action :D

#53 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

any new bug to be fixed

Well, there's this thing between Refinements and Every Mod & Dog that's been plaguing the BWP since god knows when :P Related to wolfm.itm

You'll find the relevant info in the first 5-6 google results (There are more threads in G3 and Kerzenburg but I'm lazy atm :P)

Sorry for being a pest :cheers:

Are those mods both unsupported? I might give them a look as well , when I have time.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#54 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

Ready again)

Attached Files

Murloc-translator

#55 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

NEW VERSION UPLOADED! 1.7

As my tests have finally all worked out successfully, without any problem of excessive lag and so on, I've finally uploaded the new version of my mod:
download

I recommend to install the latest version of TobEX, if you want to install the new components!

Change-log:
I've added two new components.
One removes the 'protection from backstab' effect from dragons (without removing, though, their dispel invisibility effect): this means that it's still not easy to do it, but if you manage, in any way (undispellable invisibility, weapon which backstabs even if you're visible?), to fool him, he does have some weak points to hit (differently from slimes, which don't)

The other is a revision/fix for BG2Tweaks slow drow items disintegration component, which gives all drow item a certain probability to destroy whenever they're in the sun, instead of just breaking down as soon as you come out of the underdark.

This component can be installed both with or without BG2Tweaks; it should be compatible with most other mods introducing new drow items; if you want to make any other drow-item mod compatible with this component, the instructions are in the readme.

PS: concerning the bugs you reported above, they'll come out with the next version, but I wanted to release the Drow component when I had finally managed to complete it

Edited by Turambar, 13 November 2010 - 03:30 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#56 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

Concerning the wolfm.itm from Emad:

My post over at G3 in the Emad thread:
clfwlf.cre (Emad) uses wolfm.itm, this weapon is only used by the shapeshifting spells in the original game. Could clfwlf.cre therefore be modified that it uses p1-8m1.itm and has its number of attacks set to two? This would avoid a freeze of BG2 if refinements is also installed.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#57 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

@Turambar: I guess you don't want to hear any vague rumors about bugs. I have a list with problems, however, but almost all the mods are - iin theory - still supported (although not much seems to happen...).
(It's in German http://kerzenburg.ba...2106#post952106 but I could post some stuff here, like:

Kiara/Zaiya mod

In the Small Teeth Pass Morticia (part of Amaralis' group) attacks even when she has a blue circle. Seems to be a problem in her script (?)
Hoppy said something regarding that:
http://www.shsforums...post__p__482450
I guess it's not yet fixed.

Finch NPC:

Her glasses to identify things do not work properly. Her first dialog (there's something slimy in ma bedroll) stops without reason. She also starts to talk all the time when she was kicked out of the party and sent to a certain area if one enters the area.

Improved Asylum:
And Rastor is - since almost a year - trying to fix a problem in Improved Asylum mod. Maybe you could give him a hint what to do.
http://forums.rpgdun...pic,1728.0.html

Edited by Fennek, 13 November 2010 - 11:43 PM.

#58 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

@Turambar: I guess you don't want to hear any vague rumors about bugs. I have a list with problems, however, but almost all the mods are - iin theory - still supported (although not much seems to happen...).
(It's in German

I can handle some German, although I've never used it in this (RPGs) context

http://kerzenburg.ba...2106#post952106 but I could post some stuff here, like:

Kiara/Zaiya mod

In the Small Teeth Pass Morticia (part of Amaralis' group) attacks even when she has a blue circle. Seems to be a problem in her script (?)
Hoppy said something regarding that:
http://www.shsforums...post__p__482450
I guess it's not yet fixed.

Do you know what morticia's resource name is? I've never played that mod, but I can download it (could you link it, please?) and just look at the involved files.
I'll ask you if I need more files

Finch NPC:

Her glasses to identify things do not work properly. Her first dialog (there's something slimy in ma bedroll) stops without reason. She also starts to talk all the time when she was kicked out of the party and sent to a certain area if one enters the area.

hmmm, that seems quite messed up. I should know how the glasses should work, how they're called; I'll have to check the dialogs as well, and probably she has a looping script; perhaps, we could just remove it, or is it deliberate that she starts talking when she's there? BTW, the two things could be related, she could have an INITDLG script which is not removed by the first dialogue due to its abrupt end...

Improved Asylum:
And Rastor is - since almost a year - trying to fix a problem in Improved Asylum mod. Maybe you could give him a hint what to do.
http://forums.rpgdun...pic,1728.0.html

First: does this mod have anything to do with 'Improved spellhold' from BP? Otherwise, are they compatible?

From what I've seen in that forum, he hasn't actually been working on that for a year. I think the best thing would be to give them all an override script which only (and always) triggers if the elf is alive; then, they could move to normal vanilla scripts (which could then be modified by BP or SCS).

Concerning the wolfm.itm from Emad:

My post over at G3 in the Emad thread:
clfwlf.cre (Emad) uses wolfm.itm, this weapon is only used by the shapeshifting spells in the original game. Could clfwlf.cre therefore be modified that it uses p1-8m1.itm and has its number of attacks set to two? This would avoid a freeze of BG2 if refinements is also installed.

If it's enough to change that item in one particular .cre, it should be quite easy...

edit: from what I see, the BWP fixpack already fixes it; the thing is, a new version's never been uploaded. Anyway, I might create a big 'generic intermod fixes' component, wich will fix every not-yet-fixed creature

Edited by Turambar, 14 November 2010 - 12:57 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#59 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:31 AM

@Fennek: Ya know, a better idea might be starting a similar thread in the MegaMod forums here ;) (or use the thread you linked) to report all bugs discovered but not fixed ... It could be the official BWPFixpack BuG collection thread :lol: (you'll need to make a new post and edit the first post to add any newly discovered bugs though)

There seems to be a lot more bugs in the Kerzenburg thread than in the SHS thread you created :unsure:

PS: Turambar, that error box in your sig - is that really real?? :blink:

Edited by Lollorian, 14 November 2010 - 01:31 AM.

#60 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:43 AM

PS: Turambar, that error box in your sig - is that really real?? :blink:

Yes :lol:
Actually, I was trying to understand how the damage type works in opcode 12, and I tried to sum fire and stunning. Well, it worked until the machine had to decide wether the target should die or not, when he reached 0hp. Anyway, it would be interesting to know if you can sum them (if the types are compatible), to enable blunt/missile damage and so on: as they are bit-wise (so, the damage types are 1,2,4,8,...), that could be the case... but IEDSP doesn't say that, and I don't know how I can try that

Edited by Turambar, 14 November 2010 - 01:45 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg