Weidu installation help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

I have a custom install of Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword "Coast patched to version 5512, or Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga, but the installation does not accept the directory that I type in.
The most likely scenario is that your installation discs for Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast or Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga are scratched, and the installation did not copy over all the files.

* Check that all of these files are present in the \data directory of your Baldur's Gate I installation directory. If any are missing, try and manually copy the file into the correct directory from the original disc."

Hello. I'm new to this...
I checked to make sure all of the files you listed were there....and they're all there. Not sure what to try now short of a full uninstall/reinstall. I really appreciate any help you could give me.
Thanks.

Edited by Ascension64, 10 September 2010 - 02:18 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:51 AM

The only other things BGT checks for is proper extraction of dialog.tlk strings, installation of TotSC, and proper input of a BG1 directory. If you are certain that you have all the files listed in the troubleshooting thread for a BG1 installation, and you have satisfied these criteria, I suggest re-installing.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:44 AM

Your quote is a bit unclear and to me it clearly shows that that wasn't you A64 on the above, right ? So you would need to use double quotes in the first post...

OK, if one uses the BG:Original Saga, it too can be (re-)patched to be v1.3.5512 with the patch 5512(as one just patches it to an earlier setup, but it's important that one does this for more reasons than doing just that, like mod compatibility).

Now then, one has to ask what the original posters(post #1), Operation System was, as Windows Vista and 7 cheese up the games files to the extent that they generally require disabeling the UAC and PA like I wrote into the second answer in here, and the game needs to be installed outside the Program Files... -folder(this also depends on the Operation Systems default language, so the Spanish/German translation of "Program Files" -folder is no good either, nor is the "... x84" one either).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:43 AM

I am supposed to know who it was, but I deleted the PM after copying the post without checking the name!

--------------
Retired Modder

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

I am supposed to know who it was, but I deleted the PM after copying the post without checking the name!

You don't have to identify the name when you quote, you just ...
[quote name='not A64'] I have a custom install of Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword 
[quote]Coast patched to version 5512, or Baldur's ...*[/quote]Hello. I'm new to this...*[/quote][/quote]
As the original entire post should be in quotes, as the quote in it is from the forum... and the second post is your comment to it. Or did you enjoi the company of dual identity, in which case we and I can help thau too...
The ...* means, the rest of the content of the quote.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 09 September 2010 - 02:16 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.