Cloak of the wolf bug

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Patrick-

-Patrick-

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

Not sure what mopd this is: tried to search through things, but I can't find a reference for the change. In my "standard" level install of Big Picture/BGT, the Cloak of the Wolf has some unusual effects. It started out working OK, but eventually bugged moderately badly. I think it's related to the Sword of Flame +2 from Secret of Bone Hill, but I'm not sure. The mod-altered CLoak fo the WOlf instead changes the user into a Werewolf.

Short version:

Indira (Indira NPC) has both the Sword of Flame +2 and the CLoak equipped. I can take off every item except the sword. Reason: her weapon slots are stuck on the werewolf paws. I tried using Break Enchantment, Dispel, using the "Shapeshift Natural Form" ability. No dice. I also tried using Cloak to Shapeshift again, on the idea that this might reset things. Oddly, Indira will pop into the wolf mode, then *immediately* pop back.

Any ideas? Console commands>? I don't really need the cloak anymore, though it's nice, so if it's just a way to remove the effect and get Indira's weapon slots back, that's fine.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

Not sure what mopd this is: tried to search through things, but I can't find a reference for the change. In my "standard" level install of Big Picture/BGT, the Cloak of the Wolf has some unusual effects. It started out working OK, but eventually bugged moderately badly. I think it's related to the Sword of Flame +2 from Secret of Bone Hill, but I'm not sure. The mod-altered Cloak fo the Wolf instead changes the user into a Werewolf.

Erhm, --change-log the item, how: Read the answer#6 in this and download the attached file... the original file should be the 'Cloak of the Sewers' which is the 'clck27.itm' . But you could use the Shadowkeeper to confirm... or any other game editor.
And no, there's no quick console fix.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:11 AM

I think this issue has already been reported but never addressed.

The cloak is changed by Item Revisions, but I tested it again one minute ago on a fresh install and it works fine (using shapeshift to natural form granted by the cloak itself the paw attack disappears).

My best bet is that some other mod alters the behaviour somehow, for example breaking vanilla's shapeshift to natural form (spwi491).

If you have SR's "Dispel Fix" exe patch the paw should be not-dispellable.

Just for information, have you used 'shapeshift to natural form' before noticing the issue, or have you waited the 120sec duration to expire?

Could it be that spwi491 doesn't work without a custom "remove item opcode" on some installs?

The oddest thing is that even if nothing works, the paw should expire after 120seconds...unless the duration parameter is ignored.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:28 AM

I remember the cloak behaving oddly as well and I didn't install Item Revisions at all so it may just be the spwi491 spell. Mine is working but I have other stuff added for my "Portraits for Shapeshifters" modding\testing\failing. :lol:

EDIT: You might try the cheat ctrl+r to change back as that removes effects (not premanent) and magically created items like Melf Meteors and paws.

Edited by Hoppy, 15 September 2010 - 07:30 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

No idea if this helps, but wolfm.itm (weapons in wolf form) also produce such a problem, while here Refinements is responsible. We tested that at Kerzenburg forum (and I also posted it in the Refinements forum long ago, without anything happening).

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

Ahhh, that makes sense since Refinements changes the shapeshifting progress a bit with altered or different spells. Good luck with that one :)
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#7 -Patrick-

-Patrick-

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

ctrl+r did the trick. it was defintiely a problem in the game, as it kept on going for something like 100 days in-game.

Y'know, we should all put together a specific "comon problems" faq that can be searched. I've been trying to dop searches here so I don't have to annoy people with previously-found bugs, but the search function doesn't work on this board.

#8 Narath

Narath
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:42 PM

I had the same problem with the the Cloak of the Wolf which I had equiped to Khalid, found the problem was resolved by killing him and ressurecting him.

#9 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

Y'know, we should all put together a specific "comon problems" faq that can be searched. I've been trying to dop searches here so I don't have to annoy people with previously-found bugs, but the search function doesn't work on this board.

We (actually I) have such a thread at Kerzenburg forum. I also post the bugs we find (here, if the modder gave up the mod, or in the mod's forum), but this doesn't always mean that the bug will be fixed. If there's anybody who can read German and wants to set up a thead or an overview of bugs here, have a look here:

http://kerzenburg.ba...ead.php?t=39746

And the search function here... 8) 8) 8)