Photo

Baldur's Gate Trilogy; Khalid & Jaheira leaving

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Osvir

Osvir
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

Hello! Been awhile since I posted here (been playing Baldur's Gate, then re-installing a lot trying to find optimal modifications for my personal playstyle... I've tried the multi-install tool but it didn't seem to work at all).

So I've had an issue, whenever I try to recruit any NPC. They give me the dialogue as if they were leaving the party (although they are still in the party). A while later (a minute, or two) they come back (still in party) talk to my main character and give the corresponding speech for returning to the party. I have posted all of the mods I have installed (in order) and what I did (below).

So anyways, I finally found the exact and perfect difficulty, playstyle and all for me and... well Khalid and Jaheira leave the party (everybody else wonders why they are left behind but they are still in party). No (correction), they enter the party, then leave. I have tried to save, quick-save and tried restarting the game. I've re-installed the game twice and they still leave. I added 2 new mods to the compilation and I wonder if they are the bad guys.

DEFJam and Virtue. Although I doubt it (as it was possible for me to play with them previously, and get Jaheira and Khalid).

The only thing I haven't done is a full full uninstallation (registers and such).

Order of install:

Core game files (BG+TotSC+BGII SoA and ToB all Full or Custom installed)
Patches

Modlist: (I have also looked for updates for all of these mods that I use)
1. BG2Fixpack
2. BGT
3. Hardtimes
4. scs v16
5. aTweaks
6. randomiser v5
7. BP_BGT Worldmap
8. Replacing "XNEWAREA" in Override. File given to me by... err I don't remember (sorry) but I was linked to it (it has something to do with scsII)
9. scsII v15
10. Defjam
11. Virtue
12. Widescreen

Thanks in beforehand,
Osvir

#2 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

That sounds Virtue-related to me. That's been known to do odd things to the joining/leaving dialogues and logic.

Edited by Arkenor, 17 September 2010 - 01:54 AM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#3 Osvir

Osvir
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

Alright hmm, I'll try uninstalling in order of install (but backwards) and see if it works (uninstall widescreen then virtue and then install widescreen again. I think that wiedu does that automatically but manually could be safer... I think).

Thanks! I'll edit this post to see what happens.

EDIT: I meant to write "and tell what happens." rather than "to see what happens." >.>

EDIT: Nope, got a CTD at end of Candlekeep (although I did use my exported character, will try with a new one). Loaded a quicksave and still no success. Also, I'm running from BGMain.exe.

EDIT (and last one): It seems that it worked, made a new character and rushed through (killing Tarnesh with main character and Imoen alone was a tad bit difficult but easier than I thought... this with Maximum difficulty and other tactics modifications ^^ I'm a bit proud of myself =P) got to Jaheira & Khalid but they didn't leave. But my previous character was so much better and so much more fun T-T ah well...

Thanks for the help too! Much appreciated.

Edited by Osvir, 17 September 2010 - 11:01 AM.