Photo

Bug Report for 0.53

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#161 -Brunzer-

-Brunzer-

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

I'm playing 0.53a on a full install. Though, I did install it over BGT because I didn't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling.... yeah, yeah I know I should've used a fresh install but everything seems to work fine except the 2 bugs I'm reporting here. Feel free to disregard them due to my install.

1. In the sunken citadel I got the key from the kobold priestess that unlocks a door on the same level. There are only empty rooms there and a hidden door that I cannot unlock. In this thread I read something about an undead priest that should be there. Well, he didn 't spawn for me, and I couldn't get past the hidden door.

2. In the basement of the mayor's house in Saltmarsh I can unlock the door with the key from the mayor and I end up in a bedroom with a hidden door. The door can't be unlocked. There is a trap there which gives a message about a hidden switch and a second message after disarming it about the grinding of gears (or something like that). The door still cannot be unlocked.

#162 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

2. In the basement of the mayor's house in Saltmarsh I can unlock the door with the key from the mayor and I end up in a bedroom with a hidden door. The door can't be unlocked. There is a trap there which gives a message about a hidden switch and a second message after disarming it about the grinding of gears (or something like that). The door still cannot be unlocked.

There is three switches you need to find, in there and you can't find them all at once, but after finding and removing the first one first you can find the second and so on.yes, the second trap is farther from the door to be unlocked. And the third one will only be found after the first two have been removed, it's actually the same thing in the vanilla game...

Ah, well you need to back trace your steps a bit and exit the area due north, it's near where the kobolds "dragon" was being held by the few goblins, kill them and continue north until you reach exit the area and then enter a third area, that has two paths and  a green tree growing from a hole, you need to enter that hole and you drop down to the third level where the final batte awaits quite a journey away. And you find the apple.

Edited by The Imp, 18 March 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#163 -Brunzer-

-Brunzer-

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I will search for the other switches in the mayor's house then.

As for point 1. I didn't mean the main objective, I found the druid with the tree. I meant the door on the entrance level, before you meet the little dragon guarding kobold. If you go south first there is a door that cannot be unlocked without the proper key. After I killed the kobold priestess (my next playthrough I will take the kobold quest) she had a key which unlocked the aforementioned door. However, the rooms behind that door were empty and lead to a relatively large room with a secret door which I couldn't open. 

#164 -Brunzer-

-Brunzer-

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Just browsed through the threads of this forum again and found the answer to my question. Apparently I need to stand in front of a statue there.

My apologies for cluttering up this thread. I should've payed more attention to the threads on this forum.

#165 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

My apologies for cluttering up this thread. I should've payed more attention to the threads on this forum.

Well, its still good to see that people play this TC... and any help I can offer is free, and I wouldn't bother putting too much weight to non clutterness...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#166 SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hi, I am unable to find Rilithar, when I was doing the sahuagin fortress quest, I had to travel somewhere to offload loot after exploring the first floor of the fortress, and Mistmoor was closer to that area than Saltmarsh, so , when I entered the Inn for a rest, his quest triggered at a very inopportune time, I had no free spots in my party and I was in the middle of an other quest so I declined his request for help (I think I chose the second option in dialog) and he told me that I'll find him in his house if I ever change my mind, but he's nowhere to be seen there when I came back to Mistmoor after finishing the Sahuagin/Lizards quest, reporting back to the Captain, and doing the Umberlee temple quest

I spoke to his butler, but doesn't mention anything about the whereabouts of his master, talked to Trissa upstairs and she says that she didn't saw him there in the past hour there and that I'll find him either downstairs or at the inn, but he isn't there. Talked to Narcissa and she told me to help Rilithar and I said "I'll think about it", I also talked to his companions in the 2 nd floor of the inn, the mage and the paladin, the conversation was concluded with "Good luck in your travels", but when I came back , they're no longer there, while the dialog of the innkeeper still suggests they were upstairs.

Really stuck here, I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Also, is it possible to prevent Chaarna from being snatched out of the party by the ghost of the Silver Princess ? I have been without a mage for pretty much the entire game up to this point, I have 3 thieves (MC, Candella, Shadow) and two Clerics (Rurik and that priest of Shar) but not a single mage, a lot of cool mage-only equipment and spells, but no one who can use them.

#167 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Hi, Skypiercer!

As far as I know Chaarna will always leave the party at this point in the game. You will meet her again and you can take her back into your party. But this will not happen to soon.

Did You try the Mistmoor quest without Rilithar? It is not necessary that he is in your group. I have no idea if Rilithar opens the door of the tower for you, maybe he is waiting there. The building is on an other map north east of Mistmoor. 

#168 Greegarak

Greegarak
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:31 AM

Also, is it possible to prevent Chaarna from being snatched out of the party by the ghost of the Silver Princess ? I have been without a mage for pretty much the entire game up to this point,

You can ask Charna to wait for you in the area where you met this elf-ranger Paraway. Complete the quest with goblins, and continue with Charna, after village destruction. 

Edited by Greegarak, 09 June 2015 - 02:33 AM.