German Translation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TariC

TariC
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hello there.

I'm apparently working on a german translation for the Edwin Romance Mod (I've already got Laufey's permission). The problem is just, that I have no idea of programming and so I need someone who's able to include my translation into the mod. And I need some advise, please ^^'. Is it enough to translate the .tra data-sets in the translation-folder? Or do I have to note something else? And wich part's musn't I translate?

I would very much appreciate your assistance.
You need an individual Portrait for your Character? Ask me!
I will draw your character for 20 - 45 € / 26,30 - 58,20 $ (Price depends on the grade of detail).

And what if you are looking for individual portraits for the NPC's in your Mod? I will even do it for FREE!
My only conditions are, that all rights of the picture stay with me, I will be named in the credits and that the mod is at Beta-Status or further.

Check out my gallery http://taricalmcacil.deviantart.com/

Send me an PM or an e-mail to taric@freenet.de
Please don't send me Spam ;)

#2 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hi,

I've been where you are some time ago :) What you do is, you take the files in the 'tra' folder, there's about 20 of them, open them in a text editor program, and translate the text that makes sense ;)

Those files have some commands and variables attached that make the thing work - don't touch these. Just translate the text between tilde ( ~ ) signs and it'll be okay. I've heard of a program that is supposed to help mod translators, it's called TREP, but I didn't use it so can't say anything interesting.

As for including the translation in the install, I'm not sure polish is up there yet and I made it two years ago, but no worries because if you want a version that's not in the install pack you can simply substitute the files in question.
Guess what? I've started a blog! Kitchen Witchcraft : of Magic and Macaroni.

#3 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

Hello there.

I'm apparently working on a german translation for the Edwin Romance Mod (...)

So you definitely should communicate with the german kerzenburg forum and, more specific, with the Mod-Section!

Please feel invited to join, 'cause there are people working on the same subject...

#4 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

There is a German translation for Edwin SoA + ToA + flirts for four years! Unfortunately it is not added to the mod itself, however it is included in the BiG World Textpack.

#5 TariC

TariC
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:49 AM

There already is a translation??? But I Laufey didn't say anything... hm....
You need an individual Portrait for your Character? Ask me!
I will draw your character for 20 - 45 € / 26,30 - 58,20 $ (Price depends on the grade of detail).

And what if you are looking for individual portraits for the NPC's in your Mod? I will even do it for FREE!
My only conditions are, that all rights of the picture stay with me, I will be named in the credits and that the mod is at Beta-Status or further.

Check out my gallery http://taricalmcacil.deviantart.com/

Send me an PM or an e-mail to taric@freenet.de
Please don't send me Spam ;)