Where's Keelor in Beregost?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

Remember that dwarf wounded by gnolls who asked you to heal him? After healing he says "If you ever want to stop by and visit, I have a place in Beregost." and departs. So, I figured why not visit him indeed and started searching through Beregost to find where is this place of him, to no effect. So, is that just a flavour text or Keelor is actually spawned in Beregost, and where exactly?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

Remember that dwarf wounded by gnolls who asked you to heal him? After healing he says "If you ever want to stop by and visit, I have a place in Beregost." and departs. So, I figured why not visit him indeed and started searching through Beregost to find where is this place of him, to no effect. So, is that just a flavour text or Keelor is actually spawned in Beregost, and where exactly?

I've found no mention of him in any Beregost file, nor any mention of his sister (which he mentions if you heal him a lot) in BG.
Unfortunately, especially NT has many bugs like this: they're quite little and don't really break the game, but they can be quite nasty.
I'll see what I can find out about that; maybe, I could add it to my fixpack, if I understand what should happen

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:13 AM

From BGT\Install\English\bg1.tra

@15082 = ~You have been more than kind to a rough and battered dwarf. My sister, Nasha, is a cleric in the southern quarter of Baldur's Gate. If you ever need this favor returned, find her there and she will heal you.~
@15083 = ~My leg... (moan)... damned gnolls... Please... heal me... (moan)... even a little bit... It hurts so... much... (moan)~
@15084 = ~The bones are setting just fine. Next time I'll have to take a few friends with me when I go gnoll-hunting.~
@15085 = ~(moan)...~
@15086 = ~First you heal me, now you want to kill me. I don't understand the workin's of your mind but damned if I'm gonna let you get away with this.~
@15087 = ~Get away or I'll slice that nose right off your face.~
@15088 = ~Keelor told me how you helped him after that gnoll attack. We're all very grateful... Now, could everyone who needs to be healed talk to me separately?~
@15089 = ~You need to be healed, do you? Well, Keelor's friend is my friend. Us dwarves are like that, I guess.~
@15090 = ~I can't fix you unless you're broken. Perhaps I should be talking to someone who is in greater need.~
@15091 = ~If that's the way you want to be, then look out!~
@15092 = ~I have little to say to you except good riddance.~
@15670 = ~Keelor~
@15671 = ~Nasha~

No line from them is referenced or used either in BGT or anything else :unsure: Gentlemen, sounds like we have a mystery in our hands :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:21 AM

From BGT\Install\English\bg1.tra

@15082 = ~You have been more than kind to a rough and battered dwarf. My sister, Nasha, is a cleric in the southern quarter of Baldur's Gate. If you ever need this favor returned, find her there and she will heal you.~
@15083 = ~My leg... (moan)... damned gnolls... Please... heal me... (moan)... even a little bit... It hurts so... much... (moan)~
@15084 = ~The bones are setting just fine. Next time I'll have to take a few friends with me when I go gnoll-hunting.~
@15085 = ~(moan)...~
@15086 = ~First you heal me, now you want to kill me. I don't understand the workin's of your mind but damned if I'm gonna let you get away with this.~
@15087 = ~Get away or I'll slice that nose right off your face.~
@15088 = ~Keelor told me how you helped him after that gnoll attack. We're all very grateful... Now, could everyone who needs to be healed talk to me separately?~
@15089 = ~You need to be healed, do you? Well, Keelor's friend is my friend. Us dwarves are like that, I guess.~
@15090 = ~I can't fix you unless you're broken. Perhaps I should be talking to someone who is in greater need.~
@15091 = ~If that's the way you want to be, then look out!~
@15092 = ~I have little to say to you except good riddance.~
@15670 = ~Keelor~
@15671 = ~Nasha~

No line from them is referenced or used either in BGT or anything else :unsure: Gentlemen, sounds like we have a mystery in our hands :lol:

Oh, interesting! I didn't find it in any historical version of NT (I downloaded the oldest non-weidu one from black wyrm), in the meantime...
At least, that makes things easier because the dialogue exists somewhere... And I've also found a building in beregost with an empty script...
It could be something to include either in my fixpack or in a possible revised version (see two posts earlier), which I think could be very useful for NT and DS, which are great mods but still have their problems.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

The journal entry for healing him to low health (the state where he DOESN'T talk about Nasha) says that his injuries might be more than he makes of it ... this angle could be fleshed out too ;)

For example -

- Keelor goes back to Beregost (with just enough healing to stay alive - and CHARNAME still doesn't know about Nasha)
- CHARNAME visits Keelor in Beregost
- Keelor's injuries have festered and might kill him if untreated
- He tells you about Nasha and gives you a quest to deliver a potion of extra-powaful-imba-healiness :P from Nasha to him cause Nasha can't come herself (cause of err ... the hardcoded BGII engine limits ... exactly, that :ermm:)
- Anyway, if CHARNAME refuses, Keelor dies in a few days
- Everyone's happy and CHARNAME gets closer to being lord-o-murder :devil:

So Nasha doesn't go to waste if you heal Keelor to low health ;)

Edited by Lollorian, 30 October 2010 - 03:49 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

At least in the BGT Version of NTotSC Keelor only serves as an easy way to get your grubby hands on a good +3 axe.

He starts out with 7 HP, if you heal him to 16-19 HP he'll give you Battle Axe +3 'Skull Splitter'.
If you heal him to 21-24 HP he'll give you a pearl necklace and mentions he'll be staying in Beregost.
If you heal him to 26 HP or more he'll offer the healing services of his sister in Beregost (No reward).
If you heal him to 11-14 HP he'll simply walk away (No reward).

One of his lines won't ever trigger, as he'll never have 6 HP.

Moreover as you can see from these conditions nothing will happen, if you manage to heal him exactly to 15 , 20 or 25 HP.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#7 -davide-

-davide-

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:32 AM

At least in the BGT Version of NTotSC Keelor only serves as an easy way to get your grubby hands on a good +3 axe.

He starts out with 7 HP, if you heal him to 16-19 HP he'll give you Battle Axe +3 'Skull Splitter'.
If you heal him to 21-24 HP he'll give you a pearl necklace and mentions he'll be staying in Beregost.
If you heal him to 26 HP or more he'll offer the healing services of his sister in Beregost (No reward).
If you heal him to 11-14 HP he'll simply walk away (No reward).

One of his lines won't ever trigger, as he'll never have 6 HP.

Moreover as you can see from these conditions nothing will happen, if you manage to heal him exactly to 15 , 20 or 25 HP.

10th

It is a silly quest ...

#8 tor11

tor11
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:23 AM

Playing EET, healed Keelor tells me Nasha is in the southern part of the Baldur's Gate, if I ever need healing. I can't find her though, is she actually there?

#9 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 12:31 AM

She should be in Umberlee's Temple.