• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

You're right on that count, it's probably gonna be tied to the actual release of it, and not the beta. I haven't had any extra game promotions show up in my list, so you must be right. :)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#22 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

Well, if they're calling it beta, then that's what should be expected. Testing only. Not that any testing can make it good - I mean, it's on Facebook.

#23 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

News:
Dragon Age Legends Is Worth Playing @ Kotaku

Edit: Dead link fixed

Edited by Archmage Silver, 17 May 2011 - 02:28 AM.

#24 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

It may still be in beta, but players will have the opportunity to unlock Dragon Age 2 items all the same. Here's the recent news they posted on their Facebook page.

Show Me the Unlocks by Ethan Levy
It?s been a long time coming, but starting tomorrow, all Closed Beta participants and Dragon Age 2 owners will be able to start earning their DA2 unlocks by participating in the head start of Dragon Age Legends on Facebook!

Closed Beta participants will be able to access Dragon Age Legends on 3/8 as normal. If you have purchased Dragon Age 2 and logged in to the game with your EA account, simply log in to Dragon Age Legends with the same account at http://apps.facebook...ragonagelegends on or after 3/8.

Evra's Might
Posted Image
Learn how to build your castle in the tutorial to earn Evra?s Might

Evra's Trophy Belt
Posted Image
Reach Freylen?s Peak and complete the quest Vantage Point to earn Evra?s Trophy Belt

Air of Confidence
Posted Image
Complete the quest Secure Fort Elim to earn Air of Confidence

Ivo Family Crest
Posted Image
Defeat Raspin and complete the quest The Rascal Raspin to earn the Ivo Family Crest

Dura's Blue Flame
Posted Image
So, my birthday?s coming up on March 25th, and I was planning on giving Dura?s Blue Flame to ALL Dragon Age Legends players on that day (and new players going forward) as a special celebration. But, I could be convinced to unlock Dura?s Flame earlier?

I Can Haz Keys?
Many of you have received keys and are actively playing Dragon Age Legends right now. Others signed up for access but never received an email with a beta key. Others still may never have signed up for the Closed Beta, but want to start playing right away.

Luckily for you, our friends at Gamespot are giving away Legends beta keys as we speak. To get a key from Gamespot, visit http://www.gamespot....n-age-legends/.

Fixing Account Linking
We know that some players in the Closed Beta have had their Legends account linked to a different account then the one they will be playing Dragon Age 2 with. We just wanted to close by letting you know that we are working on an in-game solution for the issue that we hope to make available soon.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#25 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:31 AM

That's unexpected. Then again, I'm not going to play Legends anyway, so it doesn't change anything for me.

Thanks for posting this, I don't really pay much attention to Facebook related news.

#26 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

No worries, Archmage, I figure I might as well post 'em, since I shamefully must admit I play it. :) Plus, it keeps me occupied while I wait for the arrival of my DA2 copy. <_<
More news today, certain unlocks are available in Dragon Age Legends, provided your BioWare account is tied to certain games (DA2 Signature Edition, ME2). More below:

How to get Hawke in Dragon Age LegendsBy Ethan Levy
If you’re participating in the head start, you may have noticed a curious looking crate waiting for you at your castle.
By clicking to find out what’s inside, you would be given the choice to check your account for promo packs. I’ve hinted at several of them before, but with the head start underway, I wanted to detail the packs out in full.
Posted Image
What could be in that mysterious crate?

BioWare Signature Pack
Have you purchased Dragon Age 2 yet? You really should. Not only because it’s an incredible RPG, but also because purchasing it this week is the only way to get the BioWare Signature Pack in Dragon Age Legends. If you get the signature pack, you will unlock this guy as an additional NPC to take into battle:
Posted Image
The Mighty Hawke wants to fight by your side
In addition, you will get a unique friend bar banner that will forever designate you as a BioWare Signature member and 3 Energy Potions. Your friends will be so jealous of your premier status in Legends when they see your sweet banner.

Cerberus Network Pack
If you’ve played Mass Effect 2 and signed on with the account you are using to play Dragon Age Legends, you will receive the Cerberus Network Pack:
Posted Image
Commander Shepherd would be proud
As a reward, you will be find the N7 armor unique to your class, the N7 helmet unique to your class and 3 Energy Potions waiting for you in your inventory.

Planet Cracker Pack
If you’ve played Dead Space 2 and signed on with the account you are using to play Dragon Age Legends, you will receive the Planet Cracker Pack.
Posted Image
Ser Isaac makes his way to Facebook
As a reward, you will find the Ser Isaac armor unique to your class, the Ser Isaac helmet unique to your class and 3 Energy Potions waiting for you in your inventory.

Be Legendary! Pack
If you have signed up for interest in the closed beta with the same account you are using to play Dragon Age Legends, you will receive the Be Legendary! Pack.
Posted Image
A popular fashion among head start participants
As a reward, you will find the Death’s Hand armor unique to your class, the Death’s Hand helmet unique to your class and 3 Energy Potions waiting for you in your inventory.

Edited by Eleima, 08 March 2011 - 11:17 PM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#27 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:29 AM

So they included a bit of Jade Empire in their Facebook game? I guess when you're short on new ideas...

#28 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

For anyone who cares (personally I don't), Legends is now available to the general public.

#29 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:33 AM

Free-to-play flash hack'n'slash game Dragon Age Legends Remix is available at IGN. No account required. It's a decent enough game if you need something to do during the lunch hour.

Dragon Age Legends - Remix Released @ Grey Wardens

#30 -malcom-

-malcom-

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

I played this game up to lvl5 just to see what it was like...I was hoping it would be better than what it is tbh..but hey ho..its just too darn slow imo..and as other peopole have stated a bit of chore tbh

#31 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:40 AM

I agree, it's very slow...cool concept though. It's possible that they just do not have very good AS3 developers there...or they were trying to accomplish something in Flash that really would have been handled better by something else.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#32 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

They've now added Legends to Google+ according to Bio Blog.

#33 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Tips & Tricks: Dragon Age Legends @ Grey Wardens

#34 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Predictably enough, EA has announced Dragon Age Legends' demise.
EA shutting down Dragon Age Legends @ Inside Social Games
EA to shut down its Dragon Age social game @ Gamasutra

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#35 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Is the phoenix rising from its ashes? Dragon Age Legends moves to your mobile:
Continue playing Dragon Age Legends offline @ GameZone
BioWare Retires Dragon Age Legends, Releases Offline Version @ Examiner.com
Dragon Age: Legends Is No Longer Online, But Available For Download @ Macgasm
BioWare drops Dragon Age Legends social app, turns it into Downloadable Game @ Neoseeker
Dragon Age Legends Now Available As Free Download @ Inside Mac Games
Dragon Age Legends now available to download as a single-player game @ Videogamer.com
Dragon Age Legends Becomes A Downloadable Game @ Gamers Hell

Edited by Eleima, 19 June 2012 - 11:06 PM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#36 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

If it's free.... :lol2:

-Y-

#37 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

It's free, I guess, its business model is based on microtransactions.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#38 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

They could be charging $60 for major addons like what EA did with their mobile theme park app - it was F2P (supposedly) but to get rides you have to slap down $60 bucks.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#39 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Dragon Age Legends studio BioWare San Francisco closes - report @ Gamasutra

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#40 Eleima

Eleima