Photo

The Company of the Eight

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Era

Era
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

So I randomly found them in the Forest. So, how do I trigger the quest?

Edited by Era, 14 November 2010 - 07:33 PM.

#2 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

You have to clear Suldanessellar of monsters first. After that, approaching the company and speaking to them will bring up the quest.

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

You have to clear Suldanessellar of monsters first. After that, approaching the company and speaking to them will bring up the quest.

As of CtB 1.12, it should also work earlier if one has installed mods that allow access to the Forest if Tethyr early on. The original check in CtB would allow the quest to take place early on but sometimes the Forest of Tethyr didn't become accessible until the late part of the game as per vanilla structure.

If the Forest is not becoming accessible then Chapter 8 will have to work but can only be achieved (speculation?) with The Darkest Day installed since it expands the 8th chapter and delays the expansion.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

Hm, am I remembering something wrong, or didn't it use to be that you could kill all the monsters in the Suldanessellar streets and then go out and do the Company of Eight before entering the palace to face Irenicus? Or was that just changed in the latest version?

Perhaps I've just got it wrong. It's been a while since I've played, and I had so many mods installed it was hard to keep track of what was what sometimes. And my Rule #1 is of course: When in doubt, always listen to Hoppy!

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:47 AM

Hm, am I remembering something wrong, or didn't it use to be that you could kill all the monsters in the Suldanessellar streets and then go out and do the Company of Eight before entering the palace to face Irenicus? Or was that just changed in the latest version?

Perhaps I've just got it wrong. It's been a while since I've played, and I had so many mods installed it was hard to keep track of what was what sometimes. And my Rule #1 is of course: When in doubt, always listen to Hoppy!

Yes you are correct and you would have had to delay Irenicus a little to do the Co8 quests in the older setup. With TDD installed, you could venture on quests after defeating Irenicus so it would be OK with TDD installed as well to do the Co8 content after hell.

For the current versions I think it will work fine now that you can do the Co8 quest in any chapter that the Forest of Tethyr is available, Chapter 6 while hunting Bodhi (not in the pre 1.12 versions) or after hell like with TDD installed...

...just not in the middle of Chapter 7, Suldenesselar + Irenicus battle as I thought that design was a little confusing and didn't fit.

Edited by Hoppy, 17 November 2010 - 08:51 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant