Appreciation thread

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 -Franky-

-Franky-

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

Bought BGII on gog.com last week and fade is proving my favorite NPC by far, great job :)

I'm actually going to save at the end of SoA and not carry on to ToB until the mod is finished, whenever that will be ^^
Might restart a new game but isn't the same without fade!

Anyhows cheers for the mod and experience it's provided, best of luck in the mod creators personal lives so they can finish their awesome work!

#2 rbx4

rbx4
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

Bought BGII on gog.com last week and fade is proving my favorite NPC by far, great job :)

I'm actually going to save at the end of SoA and not carry on to ToB until the mod is finished, whenever that will be ^^
Might restart a new game but isn't the same without fade!

Anyhows cheers for the mod and experience it's provided, best of luck in the mod creators personal lives so they can finish their awesome work!

An amazing coincidence! I have gone almost the same route. After buying BG2 on gog.com, I have very much enjoyed the Fade mod. This seems like a good place to chime in. I was very sad when I tried to talk to Fade in the pocket plane and couldn't get an answer. I'd be willing to do what I can (ie: playtest) to help Fade's progress.

#3 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

This mod is not going to be finished, so don't hold your breath.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

You know what? It's posts like that which will ensure they don't.

#5 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

You know what? It's posts like that which will ensure they don't.

The guest shouldn't have said that. But anyway, whether a mod is finished should not depend upon a few negative or pessimistic comments, right? I mean, shouldn't a modder, like a writer or artist, finish what he/she starts, regardless?

I know I'm new, but do modders really quit just because someone expresses doubt?

I hope not. :( That seems...wrong.

Well, anyway, I've played Fade and think she's terrific! I do expect to see more of her some day.

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

I couldn't count the number of modders who've been discouraged and not finished things. Generally, the mods we do see released are done by those with determination, though, you're right.

In this case, Mistress E is pretty excellent and will one day release Fade ToB, I'm sure. But regardless, it's not exactly best practice to go around poo-pooing the likelihood of it.

#7 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

I couldn't count the number of modders who've been discouraged and not finished things. Generally, the mods we do see released are done by those with determination, though, you're right.

In this case, Mistress E is pretty excellent and will one day release Fade ToB, I'm sure. But regardless, it's not exactly best practice to go around poo-pooing the likelihood of it.

Oh. I didn't know that modders had been discourage by such things. :( But they're only human, right? And you are right, K'aaeloree, people shouldn't say such things. It is rude and unfeeling.

Mistress E did such a good job with Fade that I can't see her giving her up. She obviously worked hard. A wonderful character; well thought out, lovely, great dialogues, sweet romance, and a nice side and background story...well, Fade is obviously a true labour of love.

So, I'll add my positive voice with this and say that I LOVED Fade and was almost taken aback at how good she is. As soon as she's ToB she'll be in my every game! As is, I still play her occasionally. She's just THAT good!

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#8 rbx4

rbx4
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

I agree with K'aaeloree on this one, plus I'd add that I strongly believe in the value of positive feedback. I've had hobbies that have involved similar amounts of hard work and dedication. Sometimes a word of honest praise makes one feel much better about devoting all that time and effort, and words of praise on the Internet are all too rare.

#9 Esjoh

Esjoh
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

Figured I'd just post in this thread instead of making a new one..

Great work on the mod. Absolutely well earned praise.. It's been a while since i tried out Fade, so I'm not gonna get too specific but the mod really is one of the "good ones".
I, and many many others, would love to see this mod "finished" one day, but the amount of work and dedication it takes to get there is quite staggering. I'm not a modder myself, but I've spent many long nights with modders, helping them with ideas, giving player-base input, what little i can do etc, and I am humbled and very grateful for the effort these special people put down!
Now look, i started ranting on here.. Anyway, three hurrahs and cheers to you lovely modders! Keep shining, you're all diamonds!

#10 -Seatroll-

-Seatroll-

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

Hello everyone. I apologise for my not-too-good english, im russian :) So i just wanted to say thanks to Mistress Elysia and everyone who helped her to create this wonderful heartwarming mod! Im really sad that ToB part is not completed, but i hope Mistress Elysia will return someday and finish this mod . Without doubt this is one of the best NPC mods ive ever seen. Thank you!

Lets hope for the best...

Cheer up! From Russia :)

#11 Naxylldritt

Naxylldritt
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

Might as well throw in my two cents', what with the sudden activity flux.

I think what sets this NPC mod apart from all the others is that the author actually cares about and, dare I say it, to a greater extent than any other, really loves the character she's creating. It's that kind of connectivity and character development that sets Fade so far apart from other NPCs. I think it's less of Miss E writing dialogue between two characters than her getting into the mindset of Fade and actually talking to the characters. That's something that most people find too difficult to bother with nowadays, it seems, as no other NPC mod I've played seems so well-structured. (Granted, that list isn't incredibly substantial, but I'm willing to bet that I'd feel the same if I played every one out there.)

It's for that reason that I've popped by this forum every week or two to see if something's come back up. I don't particularly care how long it might take; Miss E should feel free to return to her project at any time when she feels is appropriate, and I would be very surprised if she doesn't receive anything less than the warmest of welcomes.

Edited by Naxylldritt, 01 March 2011 - 08:21 PM.

banner.png

RNHome is now a subsidary of Finlandcycles. Check it out!