BWP and mod bugs not yet fixed

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#81 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

SCSI:
Problem that one doesn't get teleported to the chessboard, since one hadn't hurt/killed the Fission Slime in Durlag's Turm with fire damage.
http://forums.gibber...02
http://kerzenburg.ba...104&postcount=7
What to do:
Fission Slime should be hurt with fire damage.
If it is already too late:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1)
DavidW is informed.

#82 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Turambar's Tweak-Pack:
And the world becomes pink... Or at least some clothes... Probably this component is responsible:
~SETUP-TURAMBAR_FIXES_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration (a revision of BG2Tweaks code): v1.7.5
What to do: Don't install this component until Turambar fixed it (or until it's proven that the component isn't responsible).
http://www.shsforums...post__p__514542
http://www.shsforums...80
Turambar is informed.

#83 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:29 AM

Quick question...

In the install .bat file, after I choose my version selection (standard, tactic... so on)... I get a message below saying "System cannot find the batch labeled specified - KITSELEC..."

I tried to look around for documentation... but failed.

What is it?
It seems to not be included in the installpack or the fix pack...

The installation goes along fine... but it still irks me. Any ideas about what it is and how I get it? I still can access the kit selection of BWP in Ashes of Embers by the way... is it just an artifact?

There was a response to this post in another thread that says that it is a batch file that is put into my game folder. In that case, if it is failed to put in... then that is kind of bad =S

*Gah, I just realized this is probably the wrong thread for questions >.< Well, I was directed here >.<

Edited by Cerest, 12 May 2011 - 07:53 AM.

#84 AmpSeraph

AmpSeraph
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

Edit: this should likely go into the BWS thread I guess, but I'm not sure who creates the conflict definitions for it.

The mod.ini definition of some conflicts is wrong somehow, see http://www.shsforums...gion-of-terror/.

(the gist of it is that RoT and TDD are incompatible because they are checked for with an XOR and that bonehill fixes get ignored because of mistyped syntax.

Edited by AmpSeraph, 12 May 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#85 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

Edit: this should likely go into the BWS thread I guess, but I'm not sure who creates the conflict definitions for it.

Dabus.

#86 -D-

-D-

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

and that bonehill fixes get ignored because of mistyped syntax.

i'm sorry, but what does this mean?

I installed BWP 9.10 using the BWP Beta installer (BWS) like 4 days ago. I unchecked all "big mods" except the Bonehill one for max stability :P

does this mean that it is broken in my install? cause id rather re-install now than later when i arrive there, if that would be the case :)

#87 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

No idea. How about having a look on the fixes in the BWP-fixpack and than having a look if they were implemented in the respecrife files of SoB?
It's not a bug, maybe there's a problem with the BWP-Fixpack or with the BWS. Please post / ask in the proper thread.

#88 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

Bug in BGT with the demon cult in Ulgoth's Beard:

http://www.shsforums..._0
What to do: Kill all cultists before killing the demon.
How to fix: see link

#89 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

Hi!
I have uploaded a hotfix for my mod, to solve the 'pink' problem.
Next version is coming... I've started working on some other things, but I'm writing here first, to ask if they still require some kind of fixes.
I've seen the following issues in the first post:
- NTotSC's mummy
- EMAD's bug (see here)

I think there's also still some kind of incompatibility between NT assasins and SCS assasin deployment, resulting in two assasins chasing you all around the mines exit area, without attacking.

I remember an issue with the twisted rune quest, the grimoire,... Has it already been fixed?

I'll also include my fix for a rare SoS-CtB incompatibility bug, which caused infinite Prelate Wessalen to spawn, under quite rare circumstances.

Bug in BGT with the demon cult in Ulgoth's Beard:

http://www.shsforums..._0
What to do: Kill all cultists before killing the demon.
How to fix: see link

I didn't get that bug (as I replied in the thread you linked). If it is confirmed, I could have a look.

Edited by Turambar, 19 July 2011 - 02:34 PM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#90 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

I have uploaded a hotfix for my mod, to solve the 'pink' problem.

Nice. I'll edit the list.

I've seen the following issues in the first post:
- NTotSC's mummy
- EMAD's bug (see here)

I think there's also still some kind of incompatibility between NT assasins and SCS assasin deployment, resulting in two assasins chasing you all around the mines exit area, without attacking.

I haven't included all the bugs which can be found in big mods if one plays them long enough. If somebody posts them I'll put them in, but I'll never play NTotSC, so I don't read the relevant topics... :D (Nobody told me that the mentioned issues are already fixed, but I am not totally certain since I didn't test it by myself).

I remember an issue with the twisted rune quest, the grimoire,... Has it already been fixed?

Leonardo said that he could not implement the fix prepared by an "unknown person", so: no, not yet fixed.

I'll also include my fix for a rare SoS-CtB incompatibility bug, which caused infinite Prelate Wessalen to spawn, under quite rare circumstances.

Big mods... ;) But nice that somebody fixes the problems. If they are one day reasonably playable I'll test them.

I didn't get that bug (as I replied in the thread you linked). If it is confirmed, I could have a look.

Until now only one player reported it. Lich/10th informed me about it, but I guess he doesn't know more about it than what he and others posted in the relevant threads. At Kerzenburg we don't have new information since 17 July. I would not put too much effort into it if it worked in your case. If it is BGT-related, other people will finally show up. Will add in the list that it is apparently not yet properly confirmed.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts! :D

#91 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:50 AM

BP-Balancer sometimes eliminates the invitation to the ducal palast:
http://kerzenburg.ba...ead.php?t=39664
(German, no further information; it is, however, not the first time that I read this)
How to solve: Use the console and cheat in the item: MISC78

#92 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Any help on bugged spell turning effects? http://www.shsforums...post__p__521425

#93 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

Nope. But if you find out that this is a bug (and not the result whatever of only in your installation), where it comes from and (ideally) how it can be fixed or hot-fixed, please inform me.

#94 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

http://www.shsforums...44
Notice for me: Integrate this during the next days.

#95 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

Problem with Infinity Animations:
If one kills "innocents" (=orcs changed through the illustion into kids), reputation is lowered.
How to fix: Copy kchild1.cre and kchild2.cre from the backup folder of IA into the override folder.
Miloch is aware of it:
http://www.shsforums...post__p__521973

#96 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

Problem with Rogue Rebalancing is fixed.

Edited by Fennek, 17 September 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#97 -agris-

-agris-

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

hey, i'm trying to get around the BP-ascension and SCSII issues. I've heard the BP-asc install of the improved components has a lot of issues (whatever that means- something about creature scripts iirc). Is this a reasonable approach getting BP-asc and SCS2 to play together?

~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 180: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP: v180ba BWP Fix
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.4.24 BWP Fix
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.4.24 BWP Fix
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.4.24 BWP Fix
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.4.24 BWP Fix
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.4.24 BWP Fix

My thought was to install the BP version of ascension because it patches rather than over rides, then use the original "improved X" components from ascension, because SCSII is programmed to interact with the original ascension improved components, not the BP versions. Am I asking for trouble doing it this way?

#98 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

I think that BP Ascension as well overwrites some files and what is even more important, BP-AI seems to overwrite some of the AI scripts of its own Ascension component. Miloch is working on that, but as far as I know, there is no recent update of BP available. If BP is completely overhauled, it might even be possible to combine SCSII and BP (maybe SCSII would have to be adjusted a bit) without any error. If you use BP-Ascension on its own, I do not know if everything works fine. If you combine BP-Ascension and BP-AI, there are some issues. So in any way, BP Ascension will provide some problems, as will the normal Ascension. To combine BP-Ascension and the normal Ascension's additional components (which, I guess, but only guess, also overwrite files) might be an even more interesting combination. To install SCSII afterwards... :blink: So my (short) answer is: No idea. But please discuss this in another thread (best would be the BP thread), since this one is only to sum up problems, not to try to solve them or guess what might happen.

Edited by Fennek, 18 September 2011 - 10:07 AM.

#99 -agris-

-agris-

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Oh well seeing as how I've muddled up this thread, I might as well contribute something concrete to it.

I've implemented some of the fixes linked to in the first post of the thread, and uploaded them for anyone who wants them.

Last, a ToBex v20 configuration with all reported buggy options disabled (poison, magic, damage, concentration and spell interrupt)

TobExTweak.ini
Spoiler

TobExCore.ini
Spoiler

#100 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

This might be helpful. Thanks! :D