Tortures Souls Sime Romance

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

I'm finally at chapter 3 (after six months) and i have Sime in my party. I'm going to romance her (i haven't tried before first TS install).

I was wondering how far has the romance have to progress before i can go to Spellhold. I have heard that romance ends if you go there too soon.

I've have to ask this here because Black Wyrms Lair is what it is. :new_bottom:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

I'm finally at chapter 3 (after six months) and i have Sime in my party. I'm going to romance her (i haven't tried before first TS install).

I was wondering how far has the romance have to progress before i can go to Spellhold. I have heard that romance ends if you go there too soon.

I've have to ask this here because Black Wyrms Lair is what it is. :new_bottom:

Well I can't give exact details like LoveTalks and all that but hopefully you have plenty to do before Spellhold so travel around and do some quests and let the lovetalks commence. I think the warning was more or less not to go to Spellhold shortly after she joins. Oh, I went to Spellhold after a special encounter* with her and all went well. Tee Hee ^_^

Edited by Hoppy, 29 November 2010 - 05:32 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

I hit reply and not edit. Epic Fail!!

Edited by Hoppy, 29 November 2010 - 05:32 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

Well I can't give exact details like LoveTalks and all that but hopefully you have plenty to do before Spellhold so travel around and do some quests and let the lovetalks commence. I think the warning was more or less not to go to Spellhold shortly after she joins. Oh, I went to Spellhold after a special encounter* with her and all went well. Tee Hee ^_^

Unfortunately i always do everything possible at chapter 2. As far as i know only SoS Soubar and Watcher's Keep level 2 onward are only thing left. I don't want to go Soubar until i get Selence to join and i have to visit Brynnlaw for Selence quest. Watcher's Keep from Level 2 onward i do at ToB.

He He I've been doing sightseeing with Sime around Anm. I've already done some "nookie time" :naughty: with Sime.

Now that i've been playing Sime and i like her a lot. Why is that these best female NPCs Fade, Ninde and Sime are only available after chapter 3 starts. I've usually done more than half game before that. And a top of this is Imoen Romance even more later. :crying:

Edited by micbaldur, 29 November 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

Like I said, wait until her "little encounter" with the vampires and then Spellhold should be OK for you. She has extra banters in Kara Tur so you would need to follow the main TS storyline but I can't be positive if that is absolutely necessary for her romance :huh: . Sime is Aran Linvail's daughter so it makes sense that she becomes available to help fight Bodhi and not before you meet Aran. :mellow:

- King Diamond

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

Like I said, wait until her "little encounter" with the vampires and then Spellhold should be OK for you. She has extra banters in Kara Tur so you would need to follow the main TS storyline but I can't be positive if that is absolutely necessary for her romance :huh: . Sime is Aran Linvail's daughter so it makes sense that she becomes available to help fight Bodhi and not before you meet Aran. :mellow:

I'm next going to do TS main quest before Brynnlaw. I've already started doing it until i remember that should have move much further in Sime romance before going to Brynnlaw (Kara-Tur). So i reloaded and start waiting romance progress. Unfortunately i don't nothing else to but sightseeing in Amn. Well such is life.

Oh :cheers: thanks for answering my sometimes stupid questions. :coolthumb:

I was wondering what happens to Sime Romance when i'm going to kick Kachiko and Yoshimo temporary from party at Brynnlaw because need to get some other NPCs from Athkatla to do some quest at Brynnlaw.

I've been noticing that i need Outer Plane Hotel (like Refuge Place or Pocket Plane) with about 20 rooms where i can kick the NPCs to rest between quests. Now they are various houses around Athkatla.

Edited by micbaldur, 29 November 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

I was wondering what happens to Sime Romance when i'm going to kick Kachiko and Yoshimo temporary from party at Brynnlaw because need to get some other NPCs from Athkatla to do some quest at Brynnlaw.

Nothing to her romance but K and Y's content will rely on them being in the party when you enter the asylum and confront Jon finally. There is no way around that if you want to break the curse and fulfill the TS romance between Yoshimo and Kachiko because they need to have that dialog with Jon. I mean, there's three party members right there so I don't know how much content you can give and take in the actual asylum once the dialog finishes and then the cutscenes and maze start.

- King Diamond

#8 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

Nothing to her romance but K and Y's content will rely on them being in the party when you enter the asylum and confront Jon finally. There is no way around that if you want to break the curse and fulfill the TS romance between Yoshimo and Kachiko because they need to have that dialog with Jon. I mean, there's three party members right there so I don't know how much content you can give and take in the actual asylum once the dialog finishes and then the cutscenes and maze start.

Ok i'm going leave Yoshimo and Kachiko in Caiya's house at Brynnlaw. Then i'm going to get Robillard (TDD) and Kim for their quests at Brynnlaw. After their quests are over i need to go to Spirit Soaring (RoT) with Drizzt and Alissa. Do i need any other RoT NPCs (Wulfgar,Bruenor,Regis). Also i end up to Brynnlaw after Spirit Soaring right of wrong? THen i pick up Yoshimo and Kachiko and enter the Spellhold.
I hate this 6 party member limit. So many quests, romances and NPCs to fill the slots. :wall:

#9 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Ok i'm going leave Yoshimo and Kachiko in Caiya's house at Brynnlaw. Then i'm going to get Robillard (TDD) and Kim for their quests at Brynnlaw. After their quests are over i need to go to Spirit Soaring (RoT) with Drizzt and Alissa. Do i need any other RoT NPCs (Wulfgar,Bruenor,Regis). Also i end up to Brynnlaw after Spirit Soaring right of wrong? THen i pick up Yoshimo and Kachiko and enter the Spellhold.
I hate this 6 party member limit. So many quests, romances and NPCs to fill the slots. :wall:

Don't forget you need to fulfill Kova and Kiyone's Spellhold and Kiara Zaiya's Spellhold material :P . Also Randall from RoT must finish his quest as it ends in Spellhold or are you going to blow him off? He is a nice guy you know and should be treated with fairness :hug: Who else, let's see? ^_^

- King Diamond

#10 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Don't forget you need to fulfill Kova and Kiyone's Spellhold and Kiara Zaiya's Spellhold material :P . Also Randall from RoT must finish his quest as it ends in Spellhold or are you going to blow him off? He is a nice guy you know and should be treated with fairness :hug: Who else, let's see? ^_^

Oh i didn't know that Randall has a quest stuff in Brynnlaw naturally he's coming to Brynnlaw then. Thanks for info. :coolthumb:

I never have played Kiara and Zaiya. I have always kick them after i have rescued Kiara. They take 2 party slots and that's too much expecially now with so many new NPCs. Maybe next install because after Sime romance Kiara is only one that i haven't tried. But then there's a chance that some other romance gets some new content. Hoping for Ninde, Imoen, Fade, Amber, Tyris, Kim, Kitanya and Delainy. Time will tell. Oh i haven't played Aerie and Viconia SoA content only Tob content i have played for them (baby and everything else).

I haven't installed Kova and Kiyone because i don't like women who romance other than me. He He :naughty:

Same reason goes for Auren Aseph and Sarah. Then there's Solaufein and Nathaniel who romance me even though i don't want to. :o

I have installed Gavin and Kelsey even though they try to romance Imoen but she reserved for me. Ah the Campfire scene under moonlight. He He :naughty:

Lucky for Gavin and Kelsey that they don't remain party for long. It's easy to loose one's life in presence of Bhaalspawn. He He :twisted:

I have wondered many times why previously most of the times my party is me and 5 female NPCs. Maybe i'm little wierd. He He :naughty:

Seriously speaking now i have to keep some males also because these big BG mods and other NPCs. It's not so bad because now i have much more quests and other stuff than before. Chapter 2 is now extremely long compare to other chapters. It's my play style to do everything possible at chapter 2.

#11 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

I think that something went wrong with Yoshimo. Jon and Yoshimo talks about breaked curse and so on. Then the party is moved to Maze without Yoshimo? I don't know is this right but i played forward (Imoen joined). Then at Jon Irenicus encounter later Yoshimo comes after Jon teleports away. After short talks he attacks and i have to kill him (no Yoshimo's heart). Then Kachiko leaves.

I was wondering is there any quest or something like that conserning Yoshimo and Kachiko after Spellhold. If not then there's no need for them any more.

Other thing is Randall. Is there more to his quest other than this EPIC encounter with Marcus (by the way i had to CLUA:Console Marcus).

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

I think that something went wrong with Yoshimo. Jon and Yoshimo talks about breaked curse and so on. Then the party is moved to Maze without Yoshimo? I don't know is this right but i played forward (Imoen joined). Then at Jon Irenicus encounter later Yoshimo comes after Jon teleports away. After short talks he attacks and i have to kill him (no Yoshimo's heart). Then Kachiko leaves.

I was wondering is there any quest or something like that conserning Yoshimo and Kachiko after Spellhold. If not then there's no need for them any more.

Other thing is Randall. Is there more to his quest other than this EPIC encounter with Marcus (by the way i had to CLUA:Console Marcus).

With Randall, who knows, you're probably the expert now. Did you follow the other parts of his quest first with the necromancer prior to Spellhold? That is necessary and it is more like background I guess.

With Yoshimo, things went very wrong and he does not leave regarding the TS romance, if he does leave then he is following the traitor path. I have not had any of these problems with getting that to work in TS-BP so it could be something local to your installation like Jon's dialog when he reveals himself got screwed up. I would reload from a previous point and see if you can duplicate the problem every time.

EDIT: Also it would have been very important to have Yoshimo and KAchiko in the party enough to have them fulfill their dialog requirements and lovetalks for their romance to progress. Those specifics I do not know.

Edited by Hoppy, 07 December 2010 - 11:50 PM.

- King Diamond

#13 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

With Randall, who knows, you're probably the expert now. Did you follow the other parts of his quest first with the necromancer prior to Spellhold? That is necessary and it is more like background I guess.

With Yoshimo, things went very wrong and he does not leave regarding the TS romance, if he does leave then he is following the traitor path. I have not had any of these problems with getting that to work in TS-BP so it could be something local to your installation like Jon's dialog when he reveals himself got screwed up. I would reload from a previous point and see if you can duplicate the problem every time.

EDIT: Also it would have been very important to have Yoshimo and KAchiko in the party enough to have them fulfill their dialog requirements and lovetalks for their romance to progress. Those specifics I do not know.

Ok it try it again. I load the game prior to talking Desharik and Spellhold entering. I report later.

As for the Randall quest. I did the Razor Hideout part earlier. There was slight problem there. After Razor was nearly dead Randall should have start talking with Razor but that never happen. I had to SetGlobal("RAZORBATTLE","GLOBAL",4) then the talks went ok.

I just happened to checked the variables in save prior to Spellhold and i noticed that i have to SetGlobal("RAZORBATTLE","GLOBAL",6) (it's now 2 i don't know why) before i enter Spellhold maybe then Marcus is spawned at Spellhold. I don't know but i try that also later.

Update:

I tested this couple times. Everything seems to ok after first talks uptairs. Yoshimo says that he's not cursed anymore and Jon indicates that as well. After some more talks party is teleported to Cellar and CHARNAME into glasstube. 4 other party members are at nearby cell. Yoshimo is out of party and in the same room with Jon and CHARNAME. Talks with Jon and Yoshimo indicates that Yoshimo is now traitor and also cursed. After the normal talks party is teleported to Candlekeep Dream except Yoshimo.

Also Marcus doesn't spawn at Spellhold. I've had to CLUA:Console him again and then talks goes ok.

Edited by micbaldur, 08 December 2010 - 10:01 PM.

#14 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

Update:

I tested this couple times. Everything seems to ok after first talks uptairs. Yoshimo says that he's not cursed anymore and Jon indicates that as well. After some more talks party is teleported to Cellar and CHARNAME into glasstube. 4 other party members are at nearby cell. Yoshimo is out of party and in the same room with Jon and CHARNAME. Talks with Jon and Yoshimo indicates that Yoshimo is now traitor and also cursed. After the normal talks party is teleported to Candlekeep Dream except Yoshimo.

Also Marcus doesn't spawn at Spellhold. I've had to CLUA:Console him again and then talks goes ok.

The only thing I can say right now is that either the romance variables are messed up because of all the super NPC switching you do, or the cutscenes triggered from that dialog and the dialog itself may have been patched poorly.

There is no way I can look into this in detail to even believe something needs fixing with TS-BP. It is plausible that something is broke in the mod but I say again, I have not had the problems with this happening. It could also be related to their quest in Kara-Tur but I don't know anything offhand to trigger the actions you are getting.

One thing I will recommend is make sure that Yoshimo and Kachiko are in the vicinity when talking to Jon after the initial tour and his revealing. That may make a difference, I don't know.

- King Diamond

#15 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

The only thing I can say right now is that either the romance variables are messed up because of all the super NPC switching you do, or the cutscenes triggered from that dialog and the dialog itself may have been patched poorly.

There is no way I can look into this in detail to even believe something needs fixing with TS-BP. It is plausible that something is broke in the mod but I say again, I have not had the problems with this happening. It could also be related to their quest in Kara-Tur but I don't know anything offhand to trigger the actions you are getting.

One thing I will recommend is make sure that Yoshimo and Kachiko are in the vicinity when talking to Jon after the initial tour and his revealing. That may make a difference, I don't know.

You could be right that "Super NPC Swithing" mess up variables. Thing went well at Kara-Tur as far as i know. Only thing i was wondering why Kachiko didn't comment his father's suicide after i resurrected her. Well i don't should she comment?

Or it's some odd mishap in my current install. Maybe i should post my oddities and bugs in my game that i have encountered. I don't know?

All the party is Jon's vicinity when the talks happen so that it not that cause (near Imoen).

If there aren't any quest left with Yoshimo and Kachiko other than they romance it doesn't matter if Yoshimo dies as traitor. I don't have party slots to spare for them if i don't get any quests or something else from them. No time to mourn the fallen ones.

I was wondering why didn't Yoshimo dropped his heart when he dies. It's needed for Temple of Ilmater later at Athkatla. That's odd i think. Or do i need in this BG Big Mod install. I don't know?

Well i already have moved forward and going to Underdark (did Sahuagin City already). New NPCs are waiting on the line. He He :ROFL:

Edited by micbaldur, 09 December 2010 - 11:14 AM.

#16 Izzy

Izzy
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

I am attempting to play TS-BP on a second run. The first was a wash when I hit spellhold with Yoshimo and kachiko...I have applied fixes since then...and this time I have Sime also...
Everything was moving along fine until I went to De'Arnise hold to do Nalia's quest... I rested after we arrived and after a brief converse with char-name and Anomen, three vampires appeared named Sol, Sola, and Solauf.

Sime starts the conversation with "What I can barely recognize you" and ends with "I do not know whether to loath or pity you" then Sol replies "Oh, beautiful daughter of Aran Linvail" and ends with "in undeath you shall be mine, Sime Linvail". That's when Solauf vampire gives the (I believe) ToB spirit fate summoning speech and asks to join.

I just recently picked up Sime, am trying to do the romance thing with her, and I'm fairly certain my game isn't supposed to do that. What can I do? What am I doing wrong? Umm...here's the weidu-log in spoiler form. (thanks to Jarno for showing me how)

Spoiler

Edited by Izzy, 06 February 2011 - 07:29 PM.

Ooo, squirells, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!

#17 Izzy

Izzy
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Erm...I think I need glasses...I found an old post about this but I have to admit I don't understand what I need to do from what they were talking about. Was this Sime vs. Solaufein conflict ever fixed? Is there a fix for it or do I just uninstall Solaufein? :wall: I really want to play this mod but at this rate I don't think it's going to happen... :(

Ooo, squirells, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!