Photo

Grain silo crash in Curst

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Darkmatter75

Darkmatter75
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

I have come across something that has proven to be a gamebreaker. In Curst, I can enter the grain silo, but any further action that causes NPCs or the Nameless One to move crashes to desktop.

This area, from memory, is crucial to visit in order to progress in the game.

I installed the screen res mod, the fix pack, unfinished business and this mod before starting the game.

I really hope there is a way round this!

#2 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

The only way the widescreen mod could be related to this crash is if you had previously entered the silo and then changed the resolution. Apart from that, I don't know, you should have a look at the fixpack forums.

As a workaround for continuing the game, there are two alternative ways to enter the prison in order to get to the deva. The first is a secret entrance at the junkyard that leads to the prison and the second is to talk with a guard and get yourself arrested after agreeing to any of the murder plots.

#3 Darkmatter75

Darkmatter75
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:25 AM

The only way the widescreen mod could be related to this crash is if you had previously entered the silo and then changed the resolution. Apart from that, I don't know, you should have a look at the fixpack forums.

As a workaround for continuing the game, there are two alternative ways to enter the prison in order to get to the deva. The first is a secret entrance at the junkyard that leads to the prison and the second is to talk with a guard and get yourself arrested after agreeing to any of the murder plots.

Thanks so much! I'll try one of those now. Thats awesome.

#4 -Xarn-

-Xarn-

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

Also when this happened to me, I solved it by dismissing the party, going in alone, then taking my companions back outside...

#5 -Elijah Baley-

-Elijah Baley-

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Au contraire --- I solved this problem by uninstalling the widescreen mod and GhostDog's improved GUI. There's something wrong with the mod at high resolutions (1920 x 1080) here in the grain silo but also in the museum in the Clerk's Ward. Frequent crashes in both places, but not, interestingly, when the mods were uninstalled.

So ... I'm just going to use the main mods and the default resolution from now on, thankyouverymuch.

#6 -Elijah Baley-

-Elijah Baley-

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

... great respect, of course, to the modder for all his hard work, &c.

#7 peripatetes

peripatetes
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

Just wanted to confirm: I had the same problem (Windows 7 x64) and leaving all companions outside also worked for me.

#8 -dejanzie-

-dejanzie-

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I encountered the same problem, googled and wound up here. Emptying my party and going in alone didn't work. I restarted the setup_widescreen.exe file in the game directory, chose the normal resolution 640x480, got through the grain silo and then went back to my normal 1920x1080 res. Playing the GOG.com version on Win7 64-bit on a AMD card.

#9 -Saci-

-Saci-

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Emptying my party worked for me also, but in the clerk's ward gallery i needed to uninstall the mod, then reinstall it.