Photo

Progress Report

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vivian

Vivian
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

This thread will contain posts regarding our progress in the Miles Mod. We'll be posting our larger-scale, comprehensive updates here on a regular basis. If you would like to see all of the smaller, detailed updates, visit the Team SilVivi Modding forum.

CURRENT PROGRESS:
Introductory dialogue - written, coded
Love Talks - 11 written, 11 coded
PiDs - 30+ written, 28 coded
Flirts - 40 written, 3 coded
Banters - 15 written
Interjections - 4 written
Quests - 2 discussed, 4/5 planned
Miles chr/cre file created, up for final review
Additional media - 2 portraits painted, finished

WHAT WE'LL BE LOOKING AT NEXT:
Adding detail and planning to those quests.
Continuing development of PC-Miles related dialogue.
And obviously code-lady has her work cut out for her.

Edited by Vivian, 01 December 2010 - 08:28 AM.

Name: Vivi
Class: Multi-Class (Coder/Designer/Composer)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Mod Involvement: Miles NPC Mod - Coder

Please Do Not Hit Me
Mages Can Not Take Damage
I Am Too Squishy

-- Haiku from ThinkGeek.com

#2 Vivian

Vivian
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

Hello one and everyone -
Time for our first update.

Our primary focus this past week was to complete one of the quests to be included in the mod. While there are still a few minor bugs to work out, the quest and all of the dialogue/actions in it are written and coded. Also, the mod was tested on a computer separate from the one on which it was coded for the first time. Again, a few issues that need to be sorted out, but the results of the first test were encouraging (in that it functioned much better than expected).

Stay tuned for updates next week. Back to work with us both!

Please Do Not Hit Me
I Am Too Squishy

#3 Jazara

Jazara
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

Just droppin in to see if any updates are ready to be posted...maybe?possibly?Pweez?
Tarly, when I was a lad half your age, my lady mother told me that if I stood about with my mouth open, a weasel was like to mistake it for his lair and run down my throat. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise, beware of weasels.
― Commander Mormont, A Clash of Kings

#4 Vivian

Vivian
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

Sorry about the lack of written updates - holidays got the best of us... :whistling:

The first quest has in fact been completed since our last update here! It runs well, and we're proud of ourselves. Three additional quests have been drafted and are now in something of a pseudo-code format (and they're currently sitting on my desks, pleading cooode meeee, Viiiviiii...). Silvi also wrote a few area-related talks, and they're all ready to go.

Over the course of the week or so, we're hoping to start chipping away at coding the flirts and writing dialogue for the new quests - and Silvi will work on LTs because she is a good person and she loves you all very much.

Until next week!
(I will update on time. I will update on time. I will update on time...)

Edited by Vivian, 07 January 2011 - 06:23 PM.
My brain, it's meltingggggg...

Please Do Not Hit Me
I Am Too Squishy

#5 Vivian

Vivian
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hey, long time no post...again! I'm just going to stop pretending I can follow a schedule and just update when I have something significant to report. Okay? Today happens to be one of those significant update days. (Finally, right?)

Just before laziness struck school work became overwhelming, I decided that the "second half" of the joining dialogue needed a nice rework. It was a little lackluster, really. I don't want to spill too much detail, but now it's a lot more...interactive? Story-meshing? In-character? In any case, I hope you all will find it entertaining and less "forced".

All but a select few of the flirts are ready to go as far as writing+coding; only a bit of guidance (which will be provided by the LTs) is required to get them properly organized. As for those lovely quests I mentioned in the previous update, they've got too many issues to be considered finished, but they're only a few confusing steps from being operational.

Thanks for your patience, and I'll shout when we've made more progress!

Please Do Not Hit Me
I Am Too Squishy

#6 -dei-

-dei-

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

What happened with Miles? It started so well...

#7 Muse

Muse
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

Anything happening around here? Don't mean to rush you, of course. Just thought I'd let you know that I am very much looking forward to this mod. :D
"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"
- Dradeel

#8 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

So am I. I'm looking forward to Miles. I just adore new NPC's as they always breathe new life into the game. I know what you mean about trying to make deadlines though. Life just has a way of throwing schedules off, doesn't it? Anyway, thank you in advance for Miles. I have the feeling he won't end up in the Mod Graveyard! That would be a shame. We ladies need him! :)

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#9 Silvi

Silvi
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

I'm sorry for lack of activity - while we did work some on Miles and I actually started to redo the dialogues a few months back, we got caught up in LIFE. I'm not sure when we'll pick this mod up (though I'm sure we will, at some point). For now it is safe to assume the work is on hold, I'm afraid.
My deviantArt lair
Team Silvivi Mods
Miles NPC

------------
Name: Silvi
Class: Witch (Writer/Painter)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
When asked about her past, SILVI asks why are you asking about her past. After some nagging she admits she always had a weak spot for Baldur's Gate, game from her youth. She mentions she had been seeking for a way to add a mod of her own to it. Now, she notes proudly, her little dream is being granted.

-----------
Posted Image

Oh, and you've just lost the game.

#10 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for letting us know that Miles is on hold for a while. Hope not for too long, tho. But I do understand Life. Still, hope Miles is still living and breathing and will hold my hand as we cautiously walk past a squirrel. :D

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#11 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

I've been gone from the modding scene for awhile and just noticed this project, but now I am sad to see that it's on hold. Definitely understandable though, I had a project going for around five years and it's still not finished. Best of luck to the both of you. I've had a super-awesome TuTu-through-ToB playthrough planned for ages and I'd love to have Miles around when I do.