Version 8.01 released

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:58 AM

Version 8 of the BP-BGT Worldmap mod has been released. This release fixes numerous bugs, including the elusive bug where it would take 20 hours to travel from Waukeen's Promenade to another part of Athkatla.

A full list of changes from version 7.1 can be found in the readme.

One of the changes in version 8 is that the mod has been split up into several smaller parts. Previously it included the translated worldmap images and had version 8 done it the same way, it would have been over 100 MB large. Instead, these translated worldmap images are downloaded separately, as you need them. I regret any inconvenience this may cause, but I think it is the preferable alternative. You will not experience any problems if you, for any reason, do not download the add-on for your language. You will simply get a worldmap image with writing in English instead. E.g. if you install the mod in German it will say "Troll Mountain" instead of "Trollberge." It is strictly a cosmetic issue and tool-tips, area names etc will still be translated.

Note on the current patches:
The patch for the Drizzt Saga mod is still relevant for v8, because it is a patch for the Drizzt Saga mod, rather than a patch for the BP-BGT Worldmap mod. The other patches (French, Imoen, Tutu) are not relevant for v8.

Edited by Wisp, 12 December 2010 - 04:19 AM.

#2 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

Thanks a lot Wisp!
Thanks to you, the french translation is now included in the mod (even if by a seperate download). And you fixed some bugs too.

#3 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:22 AM

Version 8.01 of the BP-BGT Worldmap mod has been released.
This version fixes a bug that could cause the installation to fail if you had e.g. DSotSC installed without having NTotSC installed.

#4 -Striko-

-Striko-

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

Version 8.01 of the BP-BGT Worldmap mod has been released.
This version fixes a bug that could cause the installation to fail if you had e.g. DSotSC installed without having NTotSC installed.

Not wanting to re-re-re-install, I just ran this version and OMG it works!!! Thank you so much!

#5 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:31 AM

Congratulations Wisp,

really good job the new v8.1. :Bow:
If you want the paintings and the complete data of the worldmap for further updates, please send me a PM.
I made a small tutorial for changing and creating the painted map.

Cheers :cheers:

Weigo

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)