SOLVED - BP BGT WorldMap installation trouble

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

Happened to glance at my BWP installer earlier and noticed errors while it was installing BP-BGT-WorldMap.

Attached File  SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.DEBUG   123.93K   261 downloads
Lines 544 - 555:

Installing [New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...]
Copying 1 file ...
[./override/sw1h01.itm] loaded, 362 bytes
Copied [sw1h01.itm] to [override/BP-BGT_WM6.wm6]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...], rolling back to previous state
[BP-BGT_Worldmap/Backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 1 files for [SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 1 files for [SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2] component 0.
Unable to Unlink [BP-BGT_Worldmap/Backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "BP-BGT_Worldmap/Backup/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [BP-BGT_Worldmap/Backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "BP-BGT_Worldmap/Backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")

Lines 1074 - 1076:

ERROR: Sys_error("BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original/lib/updated_map_mods_areas.tph: No such file or directory")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.DEBUG to KD & Yacomo & Erebusant & Weigo
Automatically Skipping [New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...] because of error.

Now, I have no idea who the people referred to in those lines are, but I guess I'll have to find out and email it to them. First though, I'm gonna go try running BG2 and see what happens.

Attached Files

Edited by Jenavee, 07 December 2010 - 07:13 PM.

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#2 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

This happened to me as well. I think what happened is that the version 7 folders were extracted while the version 8 tp2 was being ran. The way I got around it is since the installation paused there (I'm using the beta installer) I was able to extract the v8 files and overwrite the tp2 and World Map folder. It installed fine after I re extracted the correct files.

If you look in your BG2 directory you will see that the lib folder is gone from the v8 version of the map, whereas the v7 folder has a lib folder.

It may be the other way around, but either way re-extracting the correct version should solve that.

#3 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

Ok, I'm thoroughly confused. I see a 'lib' folder inside D:\BGII - SoA\BP-BGT_Worldmap, and inside D:\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\BP-BGT_Worldmap_v8.rar\BP-BGT_Worldmap\. You're saying I should copy over the tp2 and world map folders, then try reinstalling BP-BGT-WorldMap on top of BWP?

Edited by Jenavee, 07 December 2010 - 02:55 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#4 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Ok, I'm thoroughly confused. I see a 'lib' folder inside D:\BGII - SoA\BP-BGT_Worldmap, and inside D:\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\BP-BGT_Worldmap_v8.rar\BP-BGT_Worldmap\. You're saying I should copy over the tp2 and world map folders, then try reinstalling BP-BGT-WorldMap on top of BWP?

There is no lib folder in BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original/lib/updated_map_mods_areas.tph for the world map v8. There is however a lib folder under original in the v7 tp2.

Which is where your error was.

#5 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Yep, just realized there's pathing issues with the latest version, apparently....I took the files from Lib and created the proper pathway myself...now it appears to be installing correctly.

EDIT: Where are my manners? Thanks a bunch for the help <3

Edited by Jenavee, 07 December 2010 - 03:15 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#6 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hmm, I'm not so sure that is the case. I think the problem was that the .tp2 file I/you had/have is from the v7 file whereas the v8.tp2 does not use that path. If you create a lib folder and add that file to the install folder, it may end up breaking something. copying the tp2 from the v8 .rar archive should fix your issue without having to create your own paths. It did for me. You're welcome too, I understand how confusing everything can be especially without having put in hundreds of hours researching everything.

Edited by manwe858, 07 December 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#7 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hmmm. Dunno, but here's the version I have....I never downloaded the v7 version at all, so I don't see how I could have v7 files unless there's a problem with the mod itself.

In any case, it's a little late now, as I already built the paths it was asking for and copied the entire 'lib' to the new path, then ran the installer without any errors. If I have to reinstall BWP -again-, it's not a huge hassle...I kept a save of the installs I want in BWS, and have all the mods downloaded already, so I can just run load my backups from the clean installs, then run BWS again.

EDIT: The tp2 from the RAR was about 5x smaller than the tp2 I had in my BGII - SoA directory, which is why I hesitated to directly copy it, as I figured it had been modified by BiG World Setup. That's why I simply built the correct pathway.

Attached Files

Edited by Jenavee, 07 December 2010 - 04:00 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#8 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

Hmmm. Dunno, but here's the version I have....I never downloaded the v7 version at all, so I don't see how I could have v7 files unless there's a problem with the mod itself.

EDIT: The tp2 from the RAR was about 5x smaller than the tp2 I had in my BGII - SoA directory, which is why I hesitated to directly copy it, as I figured it had been modified by BiG World Setup. That's why I simply built the correct pathway.

The reason I had the v7 tp2 was because the new worldmap was very recently updated. One day I had installed BWP with v7 the next it updated to v8 so I thought that it was still using the v7 tp2. But taking into account your findings, you may be right about BWP fixpack modifying the worldmap. Although I don't see a directory for worldmap patches in the Fixpack folder. I wonder what the actual problem is...

Seems like this post is saying that the fixpack is for v7 worldmap. Since v8 came out the fixpack fix is probably breaking it.

Edited by manwe858, 07 December 2010 - 04:22 PM.

#9 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

Well hurrah! It appears that we have solved the issue, then! Nice to feel useful...lol.

c2oJYXg.gif

#10 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:53 AM

I don't think the BWP FIxpack's the cause here. I can apply it to a directory containing the Worldmap mod without any apparent issues. But something obviously produced an unholy union between v7 and v8, which would result in problems.

#11 -kuseph-

-kuseph-

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

So let me see if I have this right. What's being said here is that when the BWP extracts all the files and before continuing with the install we should go into the extracted folder "BP-BGT_Worldmap" and copy the lib folder and then paste it inside BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original/ so that we then have the path BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original/lib/ with the updated_map_mods_areas.tph and anything else it might need. Am I reading this correct?

#12 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Am I reading this correct?

If you want to install v7 you can copy folders and whatnot.
The problem is presumably that something is overwriting parts of the v8 Worldmap mod with bits of the v7 Worldmap mod. If you want v8 you need to restore the files that were overwritten. Easiest way to do that would be to delete the tp2 file and the mod folder and extract the Worldmap files manually before installing it.

#13 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

So let me see if I have this right. What's being said here is that when the BWP extracts all the files and before continuing with the install we should go into the extracted folder "BP-BGT_Worldmap" and copy the lib folder and then paste it inside BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original/ so that we then have the path BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original/lib/ with the updated_map_mods_areas.tph and anything else it might need. Am I reading this correct?

I copied the folder 'BP-BGT_Worldmap/Lib' into 'BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original', thus forming the required 'BP-BGT_Worldmap/Original/lib/; directory path. That's what I had to do to get an error-free install, except that I did it after BiG World Install was finished, but before BiG World Clean-Up.

c2oJYXg.gif

#14 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

I don't think the BWP FIxpack's the cause here. I can apply it to a directory containing the Worldmap mod without any apparent issues. But something obviously produced an unholy union between v7 and v8, which would result in problems.

It can be applied to the v8 tp2, but since it was made for v7 wouldn't this cause the error of pointing the tp2 to a file which only the v7 mod had? I'm under the impression that v8 does not require the patch as per this post.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question. I'd like to find out though since this is all very interesting to me.

*edit*

The patch that the fixpack applies is the Worldmap-Imoen-translations patch off the same forum. This patch contains it's own BP-BGT-worldmap.tp2 which is copied over the v7.1 tp2 instead of patching it. I'm almost certain this would be the issue.

If this is the case I think the most bug free way would be to delete the BP-BGT-Worldmap mod folder and tp2 like wisp suggested and re-extract the tp2 and mod folder to the setup folder after the fixpack has been applied but before the worldmap component is installed. Since the worldmap is one of the last components to be installed and the fixpack is the first it should be relatively easy to catch.

Edited by manwe858, 08 December 2010 - 10:17 PM.

#15 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

If something overwrote the v8 tp2 with the v7 tp2 you'd get issues like these, yes.

But as far as I can tell the fixes for the BP-BGT Worldmap mod were removed from the BWP Fixpack some time ago. Going back to when it did include the fixes, it doesn't seem like the BWP FIxpack altered the tp2. Furthermore, the BWP Fixpack would likely alter the tp2 by patching it, rather than by overwriting it, and thus wouldn't cause a problem like this.

That something is applying the v7 Imoen patch to v8, by overwriting with the actual Imoen-patch files, seems like a reasonable hypothesis, but it doesn't seem like the BWP Fixpack is the culprit.

#16 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

Could copying the old worldmap.wmp cause trouble?
%IFS%drizztsaga.exe copy /Y ".\%BWFP%\_override\worldmap\*.*" ".\override" | %M%
%IFS%SOA.exe copy /Y ".\%BWFP%\_override\worldmap\*.*" ".\override" | %M%

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#17 -George-

-George-

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hmm... I'm having similar issues. Just tried installing standard BiG World, and everything is awesome until I get the dreaded assertion failure upon looking at the world map. About to try Jenavee's procedure, I'll let people know how it works.

#18 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

Could copying the old worldmap.wmp cause trouble?

It can cause trouble, yes. Though it's probably not a big problem as long as the BP-BGT Worldmap mod nukes the worldmap.wmp file. But it's not a problem in this particular case.

#19 -George-

-George-

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

Shoot, no dice. As soon as I open the world map (or try to walk out of Gorion's Rest), I get a crash claiming

An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 1246
Programmer says: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRespointer invalid"

Frustrating, because I know I'm so very close to having this thing working. Anybody have any other world map ideas?

#20 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

Uninstall the Worldmap mod, delete the BP-BGT_Worldmap folder and the BP-BGT-Worldmap tp2 file. Re-extract the Worldmap mod, install it and maybe start a new game.

Edited by Wisp, 09 December 2010 - 01:27 PM.