Rayic Gethras

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

I have a problem....before even leaving Athkatla, I did the Mae'Var series (including killing Rayic Gethras, who I had no idea would be involved in any other quest), and now I seem stuck in the 'gathering evidence' part. I have filched the Cowled documents, turned evidence on the Shadow Thieves poisoning, and reported the guard to Brega, as well as noted the outcome of the investigation and such (all evidence so far has been turned in to Bylanna), but I can no longer find / confront the guard, nor go demand answers from Rayic. My last save before finding Kova + Kiyone is 2 or 3 dungeons back (De'Arnise Keep, Windspear Hills, Umar Hills), so I'd MUCH rather not have to reload a save from nearly the start of the game. CLUA'ing in Rayic also didn't work, as he had no new chat options, nor did CLUA'ing in the Penned Letter. Is there anything I can do to fix the quest, or should I just ignore the remainder and point 'n click would-be assassins from the various factions?

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

I assume you have killed Mae'var that you are on reasonable terms with Renal Bloodscalp.
If you go to him, he will have all the documents that his men filched from what remained of Rayic. Inclusive what you need.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Ah, thank you for the quick reply! That is very much appreciated....in any case, I mentioned I already got stuff from Renal. He investigated the inspectors for me, and also gave me the Mae'Var + Night thing, plus ummm....the Letter of Authority. I already showed the letter to Bylanna, though for some reason it's still in my bag of holding. So...what exactly am I missing here, or is something broken? As it is, several chats have been out of order due to my habit of not reading any documentation not directly related to installing a mod (as I HATE ruining the suprise of what a mod has in it).

As for Renal, he no longer talks to me, and says he wants to deal with his own issues. When I spoke to him before gathering evidence, he had a Go Away option, Mae'Var paperwork option, and Inspect the Inspectors option.

EDIT: If I -have- to skip the remainder of the evidence part, thats fine, so long as their romance will conclude happily; if it won't, well....I guess I'll have to settle for that, or replace them. Now I'm starting to wish I'd rescued Minsc....lol.

EDIT 2: Oh, and Brega won't let me speak to the witness, nor have I managed to get the Penned Letter.

Edited by Jenavee, 09 December 2010 - 07:06 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#4 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

I have already spoken to Brega about Dayven, and turned in the evidence against him....however, I didn't think to confront Dayven first, and now he is nowhere to be found. I also asked Brega how the investigation turned out, and then reported the findings to Bylanna.

EDIT: If there's a CLUA for Dayven, I could try respawning him and checking his chat options....might be able to frighten something out of him.

EDIT 2: I gotta say, this is one of the most well-integrated mods I've ever seen...and considering I've got roughly 172 various mods installed via BWP, that's saying something. xD I do tend to run into little bugs here and there, but nothing game-stopping yet (at least in BG2...I didn't do a full BG run).

Edited by Jenavee, 09 December 2010 - 08:16 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#5 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

Sorry missed the note on presenting about the poisoning.
You're right on track for BTL, but the sidequest is not complete until later in the game.
There's one more segment for pre-Spellhold, there's an Inspector Dayven in the prison that will spawn, I think after you talk to Brega about who investigated the case.

If you've completed everything for the pre-Spellhold segment, Bylanna will say that you have free rein, and likewise when Aran gives you the chance to leave for Spellhold, Kiyone will say that everything more or less is on track.

Remember to go to Brynnlaw after Spellhold, and do NOT go directly to Underdark :)

Sorry I hit some confusion there. You will still need the Penned Letter, and try to be in the Docks when you CLUAConsole it in. You should get a clue to find some Cowled Wizard, I think.
I can't remember since I dont' have code with me, but I believe that most of the evidence is not removed from your backpack after you submit it.

About Dayven, don't worry about it you did OK regards their Romance.

PS : sorry for confusion, I realised I posted wrongly earlier (mixing up Penned Letter and Letter of Authority) and deleted it hopefully before you saw it, but you were too fast lol

Edited by Zyraen, 09 December 2010 - 08:16 PM.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#6 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Ah, alright....I'll go rush to the Dock and spawn that letter then....RAYNOTE, if I'm correct; thank you Shadowkeeper xD. Brb while I check this...

....Ok, I now have the Penned Letter, but it's not triggering anything; Possibly because earlier Kiyone complained about my killing Rayic, then said something about Mae'Var at the Docks, like she thought he was still alive?

EDIT: Brega and Bylanna aren't responding to my Penned Letter, either.

EDIT 2: As for the evidence, I have been giving each piece to Bylanna as I get it. The only piece she gave back to me was the ummm....Letter of Authority. I also have the Mae'Var and Night thingie, but that's it, and now the Penned Letter too.

Edited by Jenavee, 09 December 2010 - 08:27 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#7 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

Possibly because earlier Kiyone complained about my killing Rayic,

That's good news. It means you're on track, just look at the Letter itself, it should give you (the player) a direct clue roughly what to do next.

Hint : its in the Name.

#8 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

OH, is THAT what you meant? I thought Kiyone, Kavo, or one of the other NPCs would have to react to the letter before I could continue. Thanks a bunch, and again....awesome mod! :woot: Now, to go find Elvan / the dead guy / Jermien....

Oh for FARK'S sake! I already cleared Umar Hills too, saved Jermien, and he left after his daughter ran off with that guy.

EDIT: WTF? I went to his house anyway, and not only is there 2 new NPCs from another mod, but he's back with no memory of me ever meeting or saving him before, and talking about his daughter. Also, Kiyone got mad and claimed we 'killed some innocent guy for the Shadow Thieves'. At this rate, she'll leave. :crying: ARGH, I guess I'm supposed to save him (AGAIN) to get the info, but there's no stone golem to kill.

EDIT 2: Hmmmm, I'd definitely recommend scripting checks for certain events, such as killing Rayic or saving / failing to save Jermien, such that if those occur and the NPCs are thus unavailable, the information be available at the NPCs former location via an item.

EDIT 3: Just to see what would happen, I CLUA'd Mimic Blood, then gave it to him. The game got stuck in the following animation due to lack of Stone Golem (for whatever reason, Biff the Understudy didn't spawn to take it's place). So....I suppose I'll have to CLUA whatever it is Jermien is supposed to give, or CLUA a variable....unless ye be havin' a better idea?

EDIT 4: For kicks, I'm gonna CLUA a Stone Golem, and see how the animation responds.

EDIT 5: WTF? -This- time, when I entered his cabin, he chattered about Collete getting married, and asked if I needed anything, then the conversation went on properly.

Edited by Jenavee, 09 December 2010 - 08:51 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#9 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

You're the Detective :) while it is a lil railroaded, like most quests to an extent, for later part(s) of the mod, at various times you get to
- to decide what to believe, and also, if you're sharp at the end of it, how to ACT to prevent something
- the chance to deduce the issue at hand. if you fail, Kiyone steps in and does it for you
- decide how to best take action to a given situation
- decide whether to believe or disbelieve
- to be merciful or not
- decide what is the most sensible way of doing something (this last one you'll probably miss lol)

#10 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

no issue, Jermien will (should) be back there when you return

#11 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

Please make new posts instead of editing so my "Get New Posts" will capture your update. took a while to download the mod and unzip my code. Try doing this before entering the cottage.
SetGlobal("AddRayic","GLOBAL", 1)

Jermien should greet you with -
"Welcome again. I didn't think I'd be so glad to see Colette wedded, but the Gods have been kind to me. Now that Colette's all settled down, I think it's time for me to move out of her life."

I do believe the bug occurred due to something related to Renal not setting the right variable when giving you the Note.
I've run a fair number of tests involving killing Rayic first and also saving Jermien first.

#12 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

EDIT 5: WTF? -This- time, when I entered his cabin, he chattered about Collete getting married, and asked if I needed anything, then the conversation went on properly.

Ah since you got it, ignore my prev post lol.

#13 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

Ahhh, lmao. No wonder I wasn't seeing any new replies. It worked, got the Statement, and now I have unlimited free time. THANK you for your time and patience!

EDIT: As for the multi-edits....dunno if we're supposed to ummm....double/triple/etc post.

Edited by Jenavee, 09 December 2010 - 09:00 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#14 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

Welcome. Personally, I enjoy the first few bits due to how it shows the personality of the two NPCs lol :)
There'll be more tricky things coming up after Spellhold :)

#15 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Spellhold...ugh. I -hate- the Underdark due to the massive time constraints imposed by the strongholds....means I can't recharge my mage(s)/healer(s) as often, and can't really slow down to actually ENJOY it. I always have this feeling of RUSH RUSH RUSH once I head for Spellhold.

c2oJYXg.gif

#16 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

You can just CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ARxxxx") to attend to whatever, and then go right back to where you were lol.

Regards BTL, there's only one small segment after Spellhold, the rest of it (and the main events of the mod) occurs after you get back to Athkatla.

#17 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

True, true....but that's so much less realistic! :P Beyond which, I'd never thought of that....derp! :doh:

c2oJYXg.gif