Photo

One bug report plus some feedback (spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

This is continued from a thread over at G3:

I installed Aurora for my Tutu run, which reminds me--the bastard sword Iceblade +2 (agsw1h05) crashes the game when swung, as it's set to use the 2-handed sword animation in combat. It should be an s1 at 0x22, not s2.

Cheers, will fix.

No prob, glad to help.

Overall I found it interesting and the items pretty well done, but it really felt like a BG2 mod that had been shoehorned into BG.

Well, it is, but some thought went into that. For example, you don't have the more powerful items available in BG1 that are available in BG2. And even within BG1, you don't have the more powerful items available until Baldur's Gate city (at which point Karaea moves from Nashkel to the Drakon Tavern). So the upgrades are probably intended for that point (though if you somehow have acquired a load of gold early on, as well as the necessary items, you can do them then also).

Sure, but consider this: by the time I meet Aurora I've already passed through FAI, Beregost, Nashkel, and (probably) Thalantyr out at the High Hedge. Now I meet a merchant--hanging out in the street no less--who has an inventory on par with Taerom and Thalantyr and well ahead of anything in FAI and Nashkel. I don't think there's a good way of resolving this save nerfing her more in the early chapters, but then you're in the unenviable place of having a mod whose content can't be enjoyed until most of the game is over. I don't really have a good solution I can offer here, just trying to better express why she seemed to not fit in too well.

The upgrade prices were on the high side, which is probably why I didn't try any (and by extension, probably missed the attached quests).

The prices are intended to be high for balance reasons, but if you remember any that were clearly overpriced (or underpriced) I'll be happy to consider changes. There's no real quests conferred by the upgrades. Rather, it's the other way around: you can upgrade some quest items.

As for the quests you (think you) may have missed, they're fairly minor in BG1:
- Gather gooseberries for Karaea to receive a special "gift"

I kept giving her gooseberries (for free even) but she kept oohing and I had no idea it was going anywhere.

- Free an enslaved gnome from a tribe of goblins (somewhere in Larswood IIRC)

Yes, and thankfully I was scouting ahead with my hidden thief. This is a pretty tough battle (even with the backstab chunking of the wizard to start the battle :) ) and I would suggest trying to plant a few warnings around the area. Move the outer rim of guards further out, possibly reduce the number/capabilities of the party, etc.

- Destroy the goblin tribe in a cave north of Nashkel (and loot the lair)

Now this I missed entirely.

- Find various randomly-strewn items (Acid Rapier, Pirate's Cutlass, Great Elixir, Star Ruby - placement varies from game to game)

Yep, found and used these. My first shot on the Great Elixir killed my main character, so that was fun. :)

The quests are somewhat different in BG2, so I'd recommend giving it another go there. And of course, there's Aurora herself, the star attraction of the mod (who appears only in Athkatla). She'll have different banters and pseudo-quests based on which NPCs you have in your party (and will still banter and have quests even if you're soloing).

I will be, and hope to offer feedback here as well.

As a personal preference I hate, hate, hate +CHR items. They pay for themselves so many times over with merchants that's there's effectively no good price to balance them. For example, I dropped 3k gold on the boots of high style and they paid for themselves very early with big ticket purchases from Taerom and Thalantyr. The dexterity penalties never mattered since I only put them on when shopping.

If you hated them so much, why did you buy them? :D But I see your point - maybe we could do something else with those. We also have +/- reputation boots, but those probably aren't as objectionable, as you can modify your reputation quite easily in the game otherwise (even more so with BG1 NPC's "Lake Poets" or berelinde's tweaks).

Trust me, playing a F/T multi means that the shadow armor is an essential item (especially if you insist on being in the front line) and I'm not above taking the proffered help to get there faster. In BG they especially seem unnecessary--by the end of the game I could boost my CHR five points for shopping via the boots, nymph cloak, and helm of glory.

I had a few concerns over the exploitability of a few other items. The boots that remove fatigue, for example, strike me as an item that you would purchase and put in your bag of holding. Once your party starts whining about sleep, break 'em out, equip them briefly all around the party, and keep going. Or, use them to remove that pesky fatigue effect from restoration spells. At work right now, so I can't offer any more examples off the top of my head.

It's not a unique problem to Aurora, it's just the catch-22 with making interesting items.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback. All that should be useful, but I'm a bit confused by this:

Sure, but consider this: by the time I meet Aurora I've already passed through FAI, Beregost, Nashkel, and (probably) Thalantyr out at the High Hedge. Now I meet a merchant--hanging out in the street no less--who has an inventory on par with Taerom and Thalantyr and well ahead of anything in FAI and Nashkel.

It's Karaea (a deep gnome) in BG1 - Aurora herself doesn't make it out of Athkatla. Karaea is her roaming assistant who travels between Nashkel, Baldur's Gate, Trademeet and Amkethran.

Anyway, she *is* in Nashkel, not well ahead of it. And you're saying her gear is on par with guys you come across even earlier (in Beregost or High Hedge). Shouldn't that be expected? I could see the discrepancy if her stuff was a lot better (or a lot worse) or if you encountered her in the Friendly Arm (or gods forbid Candlekeep). But let's face it, Thalantyr has some pretty powerful stuff you could get early on. He's selling *artifacts* no less - and of an avatar of *Bhaal* to boot (Claw of Kazgaroth etc., though no doubt the actual artifacts were more powerful). And I'm not sure, but I *think* it's like ridiculously easy to pinch items from Thalantyr's store, though I haven't tried lately. It should be relatively difficult to do that with Karaea (pretty much impossible early in BG1 anyway).

As for "hanging out in the street" - I figured that'd be the best place for a peddlar to get business in Nashkel. I thought of giving her a booth or something, but she's a travelling merchant after all. Plus I'd have to either add a BAM, which might look a bit dodgy, or patch the tileset, which is pretty much beyond the current capabilities of WeiDU. You only see her there during the day - she has a private meditation garden under the Belching Dragon.

I don't think there's a good way of resolving this save nerfing her more in the early chapters, but then you're in the unenviable place of having a mod whose content can't be enjoyed until most of the game is over. I don't really have a good solution I can offer here, just trying to better express why she seemed to not fit in too well.

I'd already nerfed her stuff when I put in the bit that moves her to Baldur's Gate (and makes the more powerful gear available there). I guess I could tweak that further (even though the likes of Daulmakan would probably complain - again :D). I'm open to specific suggestions anyway.

I kept giving her gooseberries (for free even) but she kept oohing and I had no idea it was going anywhere.

After 15 or so, you should get something like this (don't ask me why it was written in CHAIN but it should work anyway):
//Enough berries for pie
CHAIN IF
~
Global("ag_karagreet","GLOBAL",1)
Global("ag_goosehunt","GLOBAL",15)~ THEN agkaraea ag_karagreet3
@127 /* ~Ooooh! You're here! I'm so glad!~ */
DO ~IncrementGlobal("ag_goosehunt","GLOBAL",1)~
END
++ @128 /* ~Why is that?~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_pienow
++ @129 /* ~Hello, Karaea.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_pienow
++ @130 /* ~I'd like to do some shopping now, please.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_butgoose
++ @131 /* ~Shut up.~ */ DO ~IncrementGlobal("ag_karrude","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT

CHAIN agkaraea ag_pienow
@132 /* ~I've been baking! And I've got a gooseberry pie just for you!~ */ DO ~GiveItemCreate("agpie01",LastTalkedToBy(),1,0,0)~
END
++ @133 /* ~Thank you, Karaea. I appreciate the gift.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_karbye
++ @134 /* ~Thank you, Karaea. I appreciate the gift. I would like to do some shopping now, as well.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_kstore
++ @135 /* ~Pie? Yuck.~ */ DO ~IncrementGlobal("ag_karrude","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
If you think you gave her that many or more and never got that, let me know and I'll try to reproduce (I did test it in both Tutu and BG2 and it worked last I checked).

Yes, and thankfully I was scouting ahead with my hidden thief. This is a pretty tough battle (even with the backstab chunking of the wizard to start the battle :) ) and I would suggest trying to plant a few warnings around the area. Move the outer rim of guards further out, possibly reduce the number/capabilities of the party, etc.

Heh... if you one-hit whacked the shaman, it should've been a relative cakewalk, though I suppose the sheer numbers could be a bit overwhelming (particularly if your thief got stuck in the middle of the mob). I suppose I could put trigger regions around the camp that warns you of their presence (it's not like they're hidden or anything). Would involve a lot of region-patching but should be fairly straightforward with Nythrun's area structure function.

I'm rather surprised, since it's exactly a concealed entrance or anything. It's the cave on the right, just off the road where you normally get ambushed by a gang of hobgoblins (FW4300 in Tutu). I think there's normally a campfire in that grill on the left.
fw4300.gif
This should be somewhat easier than the Larswood goblin encounter. Though there's probably more goblins in the lair, you have better odds of picking them off individually rather than in one mass (but will still face a shaman and a chief eventually).

- Find various randomly-strewn items (Acid Rapier, Pirate's Cutlass, Great Elixir, Star Ruby - placement varies from game to game)

Yep, found and used these. My first shot on the Great Elixir killed my main character, so that was fun. :)

Heh, well don't say it didn't warn you :D. I thought of labelling it "DO NOT CONSUME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES - POSSIBLY FATAL" but of course, that would just make folks all the more curious. Incidentally, the stats on this item are pretty much straight out of PnP (FR "Shining South" supplement).

I had a few concerns over the exploitability of a few other items. The boots that remove fatigue, for example, strike me as an item that you would purchase and put in your bag of holding. Once your party starts whining about sleep, break 'em out, equip them briefly all around the party, and keep going. Or, use them to remove that pesky fatigue effect from restoration spells. At work right now, so I can't offer any more examples off the top of my head.

It's not a unique problem to Aurora, it's just the catch-22 with making interesting items.

Hmm, yeah, I'm not sure how to resolve that either. I guess we could make them "per use" items (certain # of charges per day or the like) but that might be even lamer - they'd still end up being cargo you'd break out only on certain occasions rather than boots you'd wear all the time. We tried to get around that sort of thing with the upgrades, by letting you combine the useful features of multiple pairs of boots. No doubt we could do more there.

I will be, and hope to offer feedback here as well.

Good to hear - keep it coming.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

Anyway, she *is* in Nashkel, not well ahead of it. And you're saying her gear is on par with guys you come across even earlier (in Beregost or High Hedge). Shouldn't that be expected? I could see the discrepancy if her stuff was a lot better (or a lot worse) or if you encountered her in the Friendly Arm (or gods forbid Candlekeep). But let's face it, Thalantyr has some pretty powerful stuff you could get early on. He's selling *artifacts* no less - and of an avatar of *Bhaal* to boot (Claw of Kazgaroth etc., though no doubt the actual artifacts were more powerful). And I'm not sure, but I *think* it's like ridiculously easy to pinch items from Thalantyr's store, though I haven't tried lately. It should be relatively difficult to do that with Karaea (pretty much impossible early in BG1 anyway).

Nah, I'm not trying to make a balance argument against her placement, more along the lines of story. There are three merchants in the game with great merchandise: Taerom is an established smith who's famous all along the Sword Coast, Thalantyr is a powerful mage with a stronghold, and Sorcerous Sundries has a great reputation with an ideal placement in the Gate. All of these have a distinct merchant, location, and years of trade to accumulate their inventory. Karaea has inventory on par with these but I didn't feel she had quite the backstory and rationalization as the other three.

As for "hanging out in the street" - I figured that'd be the best place for a peddlar to get business in Nashkel. I thought of giving her a booth or something, but she's a travelling merchant after all. Plus I'd have to either add a BAM, which might look a bit dodgy, or patch the tileset, which is pretty much beyond the current capabilities of WeiDU. You only see her there during the day - she has a private meditation garden under the Belching Dragon.

She's right next to a carnival where there are already a series of booths with traveling merchants. With empty booths to boot. :)

After 15 or so, you should get something like this (don't ask me why it was written in CHAIN but it should work anyway):

I don't doubt it works, I think I just gave up since I had given her so many without any feedback that it was going anywhere.

I'm rather surprised, since it's exactly a concealed entrance or anything. It's the cave on the right, just off the road where you normally get ambushed by a gang of hobgoblins (FW4300 in Tutu). I think there's normally a campfire in that grill on the left.

Yeah, should've seen that. While I'm thinking about it, BG2 Tweaks should be checking for Aurora and adding a map note.

Heh, well don't say it didn't warn you :D. I thought of labelling it "DO NOT CONSUME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES - POSSIBLY FATAL" but of course, that would just make folks all the more curious. Incidentally, the stats on this item are pretty much straight out of PnP (FR "Shining South" supplement).

Don't get me wrong, I fully expected it to have fatality as a possible side effect and saved before drinking. :) I'd like to propose a slightly different approach to this item--even at long odds, folks can simply reload until they get a good bonus (and the good ones are *very* good). Try making every effect a mixed bag, i.e. a positive effect would be more along the lines of +1 INT but all saves go down by one. A negative effect would be a loss of 10 max HP but you gain some innate ability. (And possibly, good or bad, you always get some short term blindness or feeblemind or somesuch.) I really like the idea of the potion, I just feel like players are probably just going to reload until they get a positive effect.

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

i.e. a positive effect would be more along the lines of +1 INT but all saves go down by one.

Well, that's not really positive result, the reverse(-1 to Int, + 1 to saves) is by far the more positive...
Now, I am saying that not because I wouldn't use the potion this way, but just that people have far more extensive logics that good effect/bad effect, especially when it goes to their characters. I would say that the idea that the potion does trade things(stats) is a good one, just don't think that others view any of the effects that you might think as good/excellent, actually worth the trade for everyone. :rolleyes: But I would say, that the randomness is a bonus.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

Sure, I'm just trying to brainstorm. You could potentially have the potion invoke two separate spells on the drinker, one with a table of good effects and the other bad effects and simply let the RNG spit out mixes at the player and let luck (and the player) decide if something is net positive or negative. As it is now I suspect the potion is always positive with no side effects; it's simply a matter of being patient and reloading.

____

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

There are three merchants in the game with great merchandise: Taerom is an established smith who's famous all along the Sword Coast, Thalantyr is a powerful mage with a stronghold, and Sorcerous Sundries has a great reputation with an ideal placement in the Gate. All of these have a distinct merchant, location, and years of trade to accumulate their inventory. Karaea has inventory on par with these but I didn't feel she had quite the backstory and rationalization as the other three.

Her presence and inventory might seem more plausible once you get to Athkatla and hear more about Aurora's and Karaea's backstories. Karaea will also speak at length about her history if asked. Aurora herself is probably at least as famous (perhaps infamous) as those other merchants (even in PnP lore - oddly, we were not aware of this coincidence until halfway through the mod's development).

The next version of the mod also adds pub rumours that speak of the arrival of an odd gnomish merchant (and should also drop a few more hints about the side quests). So maybe that will help her seem less incongruous, I dunno.

She's right next to a carnival where there are already a series of booths with traveling merchants. With empty booths to boot. :)

Hmm, yeah that might be a possibility. Though it took ages to get her "walk to work in the morning, go home at night" script working (and I'm still not sure it's 100%) so I'm a bit leery of messing with it. I'd have to add another layer of area traversal complexity in there, but maybe I'll mess with it for the next release.

While I'm thinking about it, BG2 Tweaks should be checking for Aurora and adding a map note.

I suppose another one might be in order for the Belching Dragon's cellar (it's a "hidden" door on the west side of the tavern).

I'd like to propose a slightly different approach to this item--even at long odds, folks can simply reload until they get a good bonus (and the good ones are *very* good). Try making every effect a mixed bag, i.e. a positive effect would be more along the lines of +1 INT but all saves go down by one. A negative effect would be a loss of 10 max HP but you gain some innate ability. (And possibly, good or bad, you always get some short term blindness or feeblemind or somesuch.) I really like the idea of the potion, I just feel like players are probably just going to reload until they get a positive effect.

It's a possibility, but I'd probably have to rebuild the item from the ground up, and this was another thing that took ages to get right. The main issue is that the engine seems to have a maximum of 100 effects it will recognise on items (and spells I'd imagine) and this item is already at 97. As it was, I had to abridge some of the PnP effects to get them all to fit, but only a bit. I rather imagined some folks would be inclined to reload with this item until they get a good effect (myself probably included) but I suppose that goes for any element of randomness in the game and I guess players can police themselves as far as excessive reloading goes (some can anyway). Still, it's also worth considering... maybe I'll rebuild a "Great-But-Not-Quite-As-Great Elixir" :D. It's tedious monkey work though - for every effect, you also need a text message and sometimes an icon, so it's not like it can even have 100 possible actual effects (more like a third of that at most).

For those who want real spoilers, here's the full dirty details on the Great Elixir. Like I said, pretty much straight out of the "Shining South" supplement.
(Obligatory warning: DO NOT CLICK THIS BUTTON UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES - POSSIBLY FATAL! :ph34r:).
Spoiler

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

There are three merchants in the game with great merchandise: Taerom is an established smith who's famous all along the Sword Coast, Thalantyr is a powerful mage with a stronghold, and Sorcerous Sundries has a great reputation with an ideal placement in the Gate. All of these have a distinct merchant, location, and years of trade to accumulate their inventory. Karaea has inventory on par with these but I didn't feel she had quite the backstory and rationalization as the other three.

Her presence and inventory might seem more plausible once you get to Athkatla and hear more about Aurora's and Karaea's backstories. Karaea will also speak at length about her history if asked. Aurora herself is probably at least as famous (perhaps infamous) as those other merchants (even in PnP lore - oddly, we were not aware of this coincidence until halfway through the mod's development).

The next version of the mod also adds pub rumours that speak of the arrival of an odd gnomish merchant (and should also drop a few more hints about the side quests). So maybe that will help her seem less incongruous, I dunno.

Sure, fair enough, I have no issue with a merchant in Athkatla with a good inventory. Perhaps a good compromise might be for Karaea to try and emphasize her background and ties with Aurora (and some bits of why Aurora's famous and so on). Pub rumors are a great idea either way.

I'd like to propose a slightly different approach to this item--even at long odds, folks can simply reload until they get a good bonus (and the good ones are *very* good). Try making every effect a mixed bag, i.e. a positive effect would be more along the lines of +1 INT but all saves go down by one. A negative effect would be a loss of 10 max HP but you gain some innate ability. (And possibly, good or bad, you always get some short term blindness or feeblemind or somesuch.) I really like the idea of the potion, I just feel like players are probably just going to reload until they get a positive effect.

It's a possibility, but I'd probably have to rebuild the item from the ground up, and this was another thing that took ages to get right. The main issue is that the engine seems to have a maximum of 100 effects it will recognise on items (and spells I'd imagine) and this item is already at 97. As it was, I had to abridge some of the PnP effects to get them all to fit, but only a bit. I rather imagined some folks would be inclined to reload with this item until they get a good effect (myself probably included) but I suppose that goes for any element of randomness in the game and I guess players can police themselves as far as excessive reloading goes (some can anyway). Still, it's also worth considering... maybe I'll rebuild a "Great-But-Not-Quite-As-Great Elixir" :D. It's tedious monkey work though - for every effect, you also need a text message and sometimes an icon, so it's not like it can even have 100 possible actual effects (more like a third of that at most).

Oh, I've no doubt it's tedious monkey work. One of the nice things about being a retired modder is that I can make good, but incredibly difficult, suggestions for changes and then happily leave others to muck about. :)

And thinking further, I'm not sure the good/bad spell pairing would even work regardless. IIRC, sub-spells invoked through other spells it use the same d100 rolls for everything--something devSin (or maybe Nythrun) found trying to hash out some Fixpack stuff. So, the 56th percentile bad effect would always be paired with the 56th percentile good effect in my proposal, negating the whole purpose.

I may be incorrect though. The post is probably either in the Fixpack or IESDP forums.

For those who want real spoilers, here's the full dirty details on the Great Elixir. Like I said, pretty much straight out of the "Shining South" supplement.
(Obligatory warning: DO NOT CLICK THIS BUTTON UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES - POSSIBLY FATAL! :ph34r:).

I reloaded a few times to try and see some of the various effects, and holy crap did I hit the jackpot with my 98 roll.

____

#8 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

Oh yeah, and the +attribute bonuses from the potion have the incorrect timing bonus on them--should be timing (1) instead of (9).Timing (1) directly alters the creature file whereas (9) simply appends an effect and turns the ability score red.

____

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:56 AM

Oh yeah, and the +attribute bonuses from the potion have the incorrect timing bonus on them--should be timing (1) instead of (9).Timing (1) directly alters the creature file whereas (9) simply appends an effect and turns the ability score red.

Yeah, Wisp already reported this a while back. Thanks for noting it though.

Along similar lines, regarding a potential saving throw malus (or bonus) - I think this would just get reset to the official values with the next level-up. Maybe some odd timing mode could make it stick though.

I guess I should try to push a new version of this mod, but I'm gonna be lazy and just push a patch. There's a lot of work in various stages of progress for the mod, including new dialogues, quests and areas, and it seems the more there is to do for a mod, the lazier I get with it :huh:. Unless I'm on a rare roll and do everything in one fell swoop (my work tends to follow a "feast or famine" path).

#10 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

Also, Karaea doesn't actually take gooseberries if you give them to her though her gooseberry counter increments. That's what I get for being nice!

____

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Also, Karaea doesn't actually take gooseberries if you give them to her though her gooseberry counter increments. That's what I get for being nice!

Hmm, I think I see the defect. I trust you've talked to her more than once and have already received the free jam, then this kicks in:

//Second meeting, with gooseberries
CHAIN IF
~
Global("ag_karagreet","GLOBAL",1)
Global("ag_karagoose","GLOBAL",0)
PartyHasItem("agberr01")~ THEN agkaraea ag_kargreet3
@108 /* ~Ooooh! Are those gooseberries? Where did you find gooseberries?!~ */
DO ~SetGlobal("ag_karagoose","GLOBAL",1)~
END
++ @109 /* ~Just around. Why, do you want them?~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose1
++ @110 /* ~What is it to you?~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose1
++ @111 /* ~What do they look like?~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose1

CHAIN agkaraea ag_goose1
@112 /* ~I love gooseberries! They're my very favorite!~ */
= @113 /* ~Can I buy them from you?~ */
END
++ @114 /* ~Here, take them as a gift.~ */ DO ~IncrementGlobal("ag_goosehunt","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN agkaraea ag_gooseTx2
++ @49 /* ~For you, only 20 gold.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose7
++ @50 /* ~50 gold.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose8
++ @51 /* ~100 gold.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose9

CHAIN agkaraea ag_gooseTx2
@46 /* ~Ooh! Wonderful! Now I can make my favorite kind of pie!~ */
== agkaraea IF ~Global("ag_goosehunt","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN @53 /* ~Um, let me give you a jar of jam to say thanks.~ */ DO ~TakePartyItemNum("agberr01",1) DestroyItem("agberr01") GiveItemCreate("agjam06",LastTalkedToBy(),1,0,0)~
= @115 /* ~Was there anything you wanted?~ */
END
++ @116 /* ~Yes, I would like to see your wares, please.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_kstore
+ ~Global("ag_ksvir","GLOBAL",0)~ + @117 /* ~I've been wondering, what brings a svirfneblin to the surface anyway?~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_karsvir
++ @118 /* ~Not today, thank you.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_karbye

So she only takes them on the first offering, when she gives the jam. Moving the TakePartyItemNum("agberr01",1) DestroyItem("agberr01") up a block to after @114 should take care of it (I think). Cheers.

#12 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

You've added red-circled myrlochars to Ust Natha. You need to make them blue and add the Ust Natha script to them (dwcity) so that they 1) don't attack my disguised party and 2) killing them sounds the alarm in the city.

Edited by CamDawg, 24 December 2010 - 02:43 PM.

____