Your Top3 Most Awaited Games - 2011 Edition

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

I'm posting this new edition of the thread before the year changes, but I feel it works just as well this way. What are your top three picks for 2011?

Here's what I've got:

• Mass Effect 3 - This isn't a terribly original choice, but I like shooters and RPGs, so a shooter ARPG isn't out of the question for me. And I do want to finish the story arc.

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Despite Oblivion's blunders and pitfalls, I'm excited to see what Bethesda can offer paired wih a new engine to power the game. Not to mention that Skyrim is my favorite province.

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution - This is somewhat of a dark horse in my opinion, but it ranks no. 2 in my top three according to my expectations. Shooter ARPGs are on the roll!
Apparently my list only has shooter and fantasy ARPGs in for 2011, but I guess it could be a worse year. Honorable mentions to Dungeon Siege 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Edit: Dragon Age II dropped off from my list entirely. Skyrim replaced it and overtook Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the second place.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 27 February 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Another honorable mention for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but it doesn't make my list either.

#3 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

My picks:

1. Mass Effect 3. Likewise, not original, but I enjoy Mass Effect's saga far more than, say, Dragon Age. My favorite modern RPG series.

2. Bioshock: Infinite. I'm very interested to see how this one works out. The first two Bioshock games, if not terribly original, were nevertheless very well executed and pushed all the right buttons. Infinite looks like more of the same, but twisted enough to feel new again. Works for me.

3. Dawn of War II: Retribution. Another oddball choice, but the promise of Ork, Eldar, and Tyranid campaigns, plus the still-unrevealed fifth race (still praying for Imperial Guard), sounds like all kinds of goodness to me. Especially if I can finally take the Blood Ravens down a peg or two in the xenos campaigns.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:27 AM

Mine, well;
1st and foremost: Mass Effect 3.
2nd and then some: Dragon Age II.

Honorable mentions to ... Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

That would be nice, but it's been already done, as you put a few too many words on the title, the "Knights of" ...
But the SW:tOR is a game that one needs to try a demo and see, I am sure. So I guess I'll have to put the:
3rd: SW:tOR.

Especially if I can finally take the Blood Ravens down a peg or two...

Burn, you heretic, burn!

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 December 2010 - 06:47 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Gorzag

Gorzag
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:45 AM

1.Mass Effect 3
It doesn't really need an explanation does it?

2. The Witcher 2
I loved the first game, and judging from all I've read about the coming game, it should be at least as good, if not better than the first.

3. Portal 2
What can I say, it's more GLaDOS and portal gun goodness from Valve!

Originally Dragon Age 2 might have been close to getting on that list, but after all I've seen and read about it, I'm not sure if I'm buying it at all.
"Sometimes crazy is the best way to go."

#6 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:31 AM

• TESV Skyrim - I've been a TES fan since Morrowind and even a bigger fan with the mods.

• Saints Row 3 - I loved the second one, I think it blows GTA out of the water.

• L.A Noire - Well this game just looks pretty darn cool with what I think has really good facial expressions.

Edited by Darziak, 05 June 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#7 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:33 AM

1. Dead Space 2 - Loved the first Dead Space...it was actually scary and brought back memories when RE use to be scary as well!

2. Mass Effect 3 - I am very excited to see how it all pans out in the end and who your companions will be!

3. Star Wars Knights of the old Republic MMO - Who wouldnt want to visit all the awesome areas of the star wars universe that is never ending?

Honorable Mentions :Dragon Age 2 - Shogun 2 Total War - The Witcher 2

Edited by Vicen, 27 December 2010 - 05:33 AM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#8 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:54 AM

1) Dragon Age 2 - I think I've finally come around to the fact that the game will be quite a bit different from Origins. That doesn't mean it won't be good, though. I'm interested to see some of the features they've talked about in action.

2) Sims Medieval - Just found about it yesterday, and it looks awesome. Mindless fun is sometimes the best kind of fun.

3) SSX Deadly Descents - I love the series, and I'm curious to see where this will take it. Even if it's rubbish, I don't have any other games I'm even remotely interested in, so it makes number 3, regardless.

#9 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

Mmmmm...

First place goes to Mass Effect 3, and second and third... That's a tie between Dragon Age 2 and Dead Space 2.
Go! Dead Space! Go! Loved the first one. x3

#10 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:47 AM

1. ME3
2. DA2
3. TESV

Honorable mention: Witcher 2

#11 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

Mass Effect 3
Diablo 3 (really, it's about damn time)
TES: Skyrim

WANT.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#12 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

Mass Effect 3
Diablo 3 (really, it's about damn time)
TES: Skyrim

WANT.

Heh I would of put D3 in my list as well but who knows for sure if it will even be OUT in 2011... :angry:

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#13 Western Paladin

Western Paladin
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

3. Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Insert otaku jokes here.

2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The only problem will be tearing myself away from the second Tamrielic life I built in Oblivion.

1. Batman: Arkham City
The story of Batman is the story of man's struggle to survive the modern world. Also, Hugo Strange is in this one.

"Peace will come, but whether born of harmony or entropy I cannot say."

-- Oracle en-Vec

#14 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

Mass Effect 3, with some trepidation, has to be the game I'm looking forward to most and yet also dreading the release of.

Cliffs of Dover. It's a flight sim, out in March.

Crusader Kings II. Yes, I have no life. But I haven't been disappointed by many PI games, and I like a bit of medieval action, so... I should probably put The Sims: Medieval on here, but not top 3.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#15 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

Definately Mass Effect 3. Also Dragon Age 2, although.... not as excited as before. But this one game I really want to see.. THE BROKEN HOURGLASS!!! (Come on Jason Compton and team!! YOU CAN DO IT)

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

I'm beginning to think that Skyrim might just be something worth playing, but I'm not revising my list... yet. At least not until I see some gameplay videos.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 31 January 2011 - 07:24 AM.

#17 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Due to the reasons I mentioned in the Dragon Age II demo thread, DA II dropped off from my list entirely.

Another honorable mention for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but it doesn't make my list either.

I'm beginning to think that Skyrim might just be something worth playing, but I'm not revising my list... yet. At least not until I see some gameplay videos.

Skyrim is now on the list, and it has overtaken Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the second place.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 27 February 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#18 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

1. Mass Effect 3
2. The Witcher 2

(..)

3. Dragon Age 2 -I'll definitely buy it, but I'm not very excited, I don't like most of the changes since DA1

Honorable mention: Star Wars Knights of the old Republic MMO, LotRO: Rise of Isengard

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#19 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 are the obvious two for me, since they're the games I know I will get. I guess I'll go for Skyrim as my 3rd pick right now. I might be tempted by that.

#20 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:23 AM

I've added L.A. Noire to my list, it almost made it to Number 2 on my list.