2010 Game of the Year

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

A spinoff of that game probably qualifies for one of the worst of 2010 (Elemental: War of Magic). Haven't played it, but its poor reception singlehandedly forced the publisher into layoffs.

One of the biggest bad things you can do is to try to make the best even better, then change it and... you lost already. Never a good game with totally changed researh system(usually with the common domininator aka simplifying) and updated graphics was as good as the original. If it's not a good game without the graphics, it won't be a good game with them either.
The research table(s) in Elemental: War of Magic is awesomely bad, or barely tolerable if you already have the game(for free)... :lol:
The only good thing about the game is the combat system, which of course is the one taken from Master of Magic, with small update on the graphics(yeah, it's not exactly x100 better, cause the x100 polygons don't make it x100 better..).

Now what comes to the original topic... the Mass Effect 2 clearly win all the votes.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#22 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

I can't really vote... since only games I've bought last year are: Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Awakening, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. And I have to say, I really enjoyed/enjoying all 3. If I really have to pick best one, then it goes to Mass Effect 2 :)

Weird thing is tho, this one other particular forums I go often, seems to be going through "I hate Mass Effect 2" phase. Most of them voted ME2 as worst RPG of 2010, while Alpha protocol was nominated as best RPG of 2010 by majority of people. Maybe evidence of Bioware vs Obsidian fans?

I liked Cata up till end game then I hated it...(Mostly because I was forced into playing a warlock and forced into destro spec) but for your other question...Who knows why they would even say or do something that stupid to say ME:2 as the worst RPG of 2010...when clearly it was one of the best...Bioware may be a wee bit better then Obsidian but Obsidian is still pretty darn good...(Fallout New Vegas anyone?)

Edited by Vicen, 19 January 2011 - 01:30 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#23 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

I liked Cata up till end game then I hated it...(Mostly because I was forced into playing a warlock and forced into destro spec) but for your other question...Who knows why they would even say or do something that stupid to say ME:2 as the worst RPG of 2010...when clearly it was one of the best...Bioware may be a wee bit better then Obsidian but Obsidian is still pretty darn good...(Fallout New Vegas anyone?)

WTF? You are already upto cata end game??? >.> our guild haven't even started raiding! (yes I'm in casual guild due to lack of time).

Why were you forced to play destro lock? Oo I'm having mad fun with my fire mage >:D

#24 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

WTF? You are already upto cata end game??? >.> our guild haven't even started raiding! (yes I'm in casual guild due to lack of time).

Why were you forced to play destro lock? Oo I'm having mad fun with my fire mage >:D

Heh we were pretty much in end-game after the first week and a half killed a few bosses too but...eh...I just get tired of it so quickly so I quit a few weeks ago...Also I was forced to be a destro lock since the GL was a Arms warrior and did not want a ret pally to steal his future weapons. In the warlock destro tree like in the paladin ret tree you can get the buff "Replenishment" which gives you mana during the fights so thats why I was forced into it... <_<

Oh and it was a 10 man guild only so dont think were some crazy 25 man guild downing stuff a week or two after launch :P

Oh and one more thing about your mage comment...we had a mage who I think was fire and he was of course top dps just about every fight...destro ftl! :crying:

Edited by Vicen, 20 January 2011 - 01:04 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85