Photo

Eilistraee's Song

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
151 replies to this topic

#121 -MRoss-

-MRoss-

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

So, say I downloaded this mod after recruiting Solaufein into my party. Is there a console command to initiate the dialogue to start this mod?

#122 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:42 PM

Just poking in to say that this is one of the best mods I've ever played out there. Try it, you won't regret it :)

The writing quality is outstanding. I don't know if I already made a review, but I don't want to check and when I saw the topic being bumped I still had it in my mind. And to think that I played it only once, three years ago, and I still remember it !! :D

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#123 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:22 AM

The italian translation of Eilistraee's Song is almost ready (by Toshiro) I'm testing it...

When all is ready I send the italians files.tra to Lava Del'Vortel! :new_thumbs:

Edited by ilot, 15 September 2015 - 07:23 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#124 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

Lava, I sent you two PM..... :shifty:

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#125 -Alex-

-Alex-

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:11 PM

in ESXMSW.SPL    Resource not found = MOONSW1.ITM, MOONSW2.ITM MOONSW3.3TM, MOONSW4.ITM, MOONSW5.ITM, MOONSW6.ITM

It should be replaced by ESXSW1.ITM - ESXSW6.ITM

#126 evildevil

evildevil

:-)

• 410 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

Minor BG2EE compatibility issue: The location of the crossing on the world map lands right on top of Neera's wild sanctuary.

Every spelling error above is not my fault, and I should not be counted liable for such.

#127 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

There is a new version, yes. However, it's possible that not everything was implemented. No worries, though, as this version should still be quite more enjoyable for some players. The changes:

- EET compatibility (worldmap icon position adjustment)
- Cross-platform support: use HANDLE_AUDIO for ogg to wav conversion
- Removed usability text from EE item descriptions (EE generates usability text)
- Use EE-format TIS v2 and PVRZ area graphics (fix horizontal lines glitch)
- Cromwell will no longer take entire stacks of dust and gems when forging
- Added Italian translation by ilot

As the mod should be tested on EET, I did not delete the previous version. Once someone have a run with ES on EET, please let me know if everything worked fine.

#128 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

The mod was updated. Now it includes EE savegame patching and a worldmap icon.

Cheers!

#129 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:36 AM

Looks like I was the first to test. 4 of your mods failed at install so I used my older versions to install. Debug file is included on the post below.

http://www.shsforums...ram/?p=595561 

#130 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:18 AM

I'm afraid more information is needed. Tell me more about what game you're using, how many mods you're playing with, what was installed before ES etc.

I just installed it on old BG2 and it's fine. And I also checked EE and no problems there...

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 30 June 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#131 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

Hack'N'Slash, if you want to help finding the problem (which neither I nor Lava can reproduce on any game) please do the following since the weidu message doesn't tell what's wrong:

1. Make a full backup copy of your current installation folder and saves (just to be sure and to save time when the testing is finished)

2. Now uninstall older Elistree song and download new version again.

3. Open up Eilistraee/Setup-Eilistraee.tp2 and change the following near the end of file:

//verbose = 1

into

verbose = 1

4. Try installing the new modified version and post here Elistree debug file. Maybe I will be able to tell what's up after that since this option gives additional debug messages.

5. Please keep the installation in this state after that since more testing steps may be needed.

Edited by K4thos, 30 June 2017 - 11:24 AM.

#132 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Hello Lava, Hello Kathos

for me, the mod are not installing because they are failing during the save patching (that's why they may install fine for other)

by the way, could you make the patching of the save optional ( some player may have save for multiple run, some of them for the vanilla game, that they may not want to patch)

(just to clarify the patching of the save work for most of the save but fail for some of them)

Edited by Ikki, 30 June 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#133 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

Hello Lava, Hello Kathos

for me, the mod are not installing because they are failing during the save patching (that's why they may install fine for other)

by the way, could you make the patching of the save optional ( some player may have save for multiple run, some of them for the vanilla game, that they may not want to patch)

(just to clarify the patching of the save work for most of the save but fail for some of them)

please upload such problematic save, I will take a look. You can disable save patching by changing:

inclSv = 1

to

inclSv = 0

somwhere at the end of the tp2 file.

#134 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

thank Kathos

the mod install fine after disabling the save patching

With the save patching enabled, the mod fail to install even without save in the save directory

Edited by Ikki, 01 July 2017 - 12:25 AM.

#135 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

found the problem, thanks to Ikki. The issue is caused by GET_DIRECTORY_ARRAY which needs additional DIRECTORY_EXISTS safety check implemented - it fails installation if directory is missing

#136 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

Updated. The mod should work better now. Thanks, K4thos.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 07 July 2017 - 06:02 AM.

#137 Lasivern

Lasivern
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

I'm having a problem with a fatal crash in my game.  If I try to return to the UD exit map from any map, including Fall's camp, the game crashes to desktop and  seizes up completely. This sort of impedes any further progress...  :)

I'm using the GOG version of "real" BG 2, not the EE version.

Here's my debug file: 

Spoiler

Edited by Creepin, 24 January 2018 - 02:58 PM.

#138 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Firstly, could you please use spoiler tags for that list? It makes the thread hard to browse. (Or maybe someone can do that? Creepin?)

Also, I'm not sure why would you come to conclusion that it has anything to do with ES. I may be wrong, but I don't think I added anything there, that would possibly cause such a crush. More information may be needed to find what mod is causing this.

#139 Lasivern

Lasivern
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

Sorry, it never occured to me to use spoiler tags, if I need to post such lengthy inclusions, I'll do so. I don't dispute that it does make for a heck of a long post, but I've seen others post Weido logs and debug files in their entirety, in the past,  perhaps not here though.  It's been ages since I have been to this particular site.  It's a worthy suggestion though so I'll endeavor to use it in the future.  :)

I don't know what causes it, of course, but in previous games, with the same mix of mods EXCEPT ES, I've never encountered this particular issue; maybe it's something else and I was just lucky, I don't know. The only other mod installed this time which I haven't used in the past is the Nalia romance one. 

Unfortunately, for this particular character, I don't have any saves from before exiting the UD that don't go back a very long way (I know, silly me, I should know better). If I can resolve this without having to replay virtually the entire UD that would be great, if not, well, that's my sloppy saving. {I'm currently running another play-through, with another class as PC in the UD, so I'll play that out and see what happens there... I'll make sure to make a couple of saves BEFORE I leave the UD.)

Whatever pertinent info I can provide, I'll be happy to do so. My female half-elven Cl-Rgr *really* wants to be a moondancer...  :) 

After I encountered this, I discovered that there was a more recent version of ES, so I uninstalled the old one and installed the newest one last night.  Didn't fix the problem obviously. :( It didn't patch the savegame upon installation, but I understand that the patching is a EE issue, but I could reinstall with patching, if that might make a difference...) Or perhaps its an install order problem, but even though ES is last installed NOW, it wasn't previously.  I've also cleared out my Temp Cache and reloaded, but that didn't make any difference either.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#140 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

could you please use spoiler tags for that list? It makes the thread hard to browse. (Or maybe someone can do that? Creepin?)
Done :) Feel free to ping me via "report post" next time, there's a text field where you can request for a spoiler or whatever the case may be.
but I've seen others post Weido logs and debug files in their entirety, in the past, perhaps not here though.
Not hiding weidu log under the spoiler is like throwing gum wrapper on the street: Are there people doing so? Yes. Is it a considerate thing to do? Not exactly ;)

Edited by Creepin, 24 January 2018 - 03:05 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)