151 replies to this topic

#141 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

Creepin - thanks :hug:

As for the post length: yeah, the problem is that when someone for example used smartphone and want's to check recent posts, this will be quite annoying to get through. Also it's just a bit annoying when someone wants to use quick reply on the bottom and suddenly it's not that qicky because you have to wade through tons of code. It would be great if you could edit your post and use spoiler tag (type word spoiler in square brackets, and then close it by adding / before spoilers). I can't do it here myself.

You know, the problem is that it looks like there was some other problem. I mean - I did not add there anything that should affect area that way. You may try to uninstall the mod and then try entering the area. Or teleport there with a code rather instead of using normal travel Then we'll know if there is some creature or other element from the mod is trying to spawn and then crash the game. Also if you can teleport there without a crash, that means it has something to to with broken area link, perhaps. I would try using MoveToArea both with installed mod and when it's unistalled. I see no other ideas what to test in order to find the source of the problem.

#142 Lasivern

Lasivern
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Yes, it looks much better.  :) Thanks for the assist!

Edited by Lasivern, 24 January 2018 - 09:14 PM.

#143 Lasivern

Lasivern
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

Yeah, already uninstalled and tried to get to UD from Fall's camp [a quicksave] and from Nalia's Keep [the autosave].  Neither works with the mod uninstalled, or with the new version installed. So that's done.

Try to teleport you say?  Well I guess 18 years is long enough to go without having enabled the CLUA console.  ;)  But I'll try anything... once!  heh  I'm also going to test out my Bard run without the mod , he is just about to enter Ust Natha for the first time, so first time meeting Sola [I know the mod changes some dialogue of his].  After that I'll re-install the mod and try to CLUA the ClRgr to the UD exit to deliver the [better late than never] letter.  :)

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know what happens with both run-throughs.

Edited by Lasivern, 24 January 2018 - 09:24 PM.

#144 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

You're welcome. I mean... we did not fix it, I still have no idea what's the source of the problem. But maybe it was just a random unlucky thing that happened during the installation of one of the mods. There is a chance it's gonna be fine next time. Cheers! :)

#145 Lasivern

Lasivern
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

To follow up on this; I did my Blade run-through without ES installed, from a save just before entering Ust Natha. No problems with getting back to the UD exit once I had left, regardless of which area I left to get back to the area.

With my ClRgr, from a save before entering Ust Natha, and with ES installed - same problem as before, game crashes if I try to enter the UD exit from any other area [tried city areas, Umar Hills, Nalia's keep, etc]. If I play that out without ES installed, then no problem with getting back to the UD exit from elsewhere...

I was able to CLUA my ClRgr back to the UD exit to talk to Elhan [sp?] and proceed from there.  No problems getting from there to other areas, inc E's clearing, etc.

So I dunno. :(  My latest thought is that perhaps there is a conflict between ES and Xan [which also adds post-UD content happening in the UD exit area] but I really don't know. If there was such a conflict, I'd expect that it would have been reported long ago, so I'm pretty much at a loss. One would think that after all the time these mods have been out, every issue worthy of being reported *has* been reported. The benefit of having hundreds of beta testers playing every conceivable mix of mods over the years.  Anyway,  I guess next on the agenda is to try things without Xan installed and see if that makes any difference.... but that's for later.  :) For now, I guess I just have to leave it at "something wonky on *my* system or *my* installation"...

But your CLUA suggestion got my ClRgr her holy symbol and her chant [and more to come I think] so that was a valuable workaround. Thanks for that.  :) It's been well worth the effort so far, I'm enjoying the mod. 

Edited by Lasivern, 25 January 2018 - 11:15 PM.

#146 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

I'm a bit lost. I guess that we'll just need to keep our eyes open for that bug is it happens again and look for similarities. But thanks for letting me know.

#147 Lasivern

Lasivern
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

I'm a bit lost. I guess that we'll just need to keep our eyes open for that bug is it happens again and look for similarities. But thanks for letting me know.

Sorry if I was unclear - I can be bit verbose.  :)

Bottom line is that with ES installed [for my saves], the bug of not being able to move to UD exit from any non-UD location is present, i.e. game locks up if you try to move back to the UD exit from anywhere.

Without ES installed [for my saves] the bug is not present and you can move to and from the UD exit from any other location.

Just to be clear, by "UD Exit" I mean the surface area where the Elven war camp is...

#148 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

Oh, I understood! I meant that I'm lost like I have no idea how to help :) But I'll remember about the issue and keep my eyes open once there are other people who encounter the problem. If they use some simillar mods, then indeed it may be a problem with certain mod combination.

#149 Lasivern

Lasivern
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Thanks again for your attention to this and thanks for making the mod.  It goes in my list of "must have mods" along with Xan and Keto.  I'll have to give some of your others a try now.  :)

Edited by Lasivern, 28 January 2018 - 08:31 PM.

#150 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

Thanks to merzbau the mod is now available in Chinese! More updates of my other mods are yet to come.

#151 szmatan

szmatan
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

It "Higurashi no naku koro ni". It's rather famous series. However, I used only music, the series themselves have nothing to do with the idea smile.gif

Maybe nothing, but it might inspired some players to create some BG1&2 Charnames or IwD1&2 teams...

For example...

https://static.zeroc...full.147838.jpg

Bhaalspawn: multi-class Fighter/Mage/Thief :)

https://static.zeroc...full.170449.jpg

Team from Hinamizawa - from the left: Assassin, Blade, Stalker, Necromancer, Dawnbringer and Avenger  :)

(Purists will kill me for this...)

Edited by szmatan, 21 October 2018 - 08:44 AM.

#152 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:21 AM

Dear Players!

It's been so many years since I released my first project. And I just couldn't stop there. I would keep releasing new projects and while it takes more time these days, I still keep providing you new mods. I just like it. In the same time, my mods are all over different sites and sometimes it's hard to get everyone informed about new releases, new updates, remember about all the threads... I also like trying new things. Because of that, I've decided to centralize my work. That means I am moving almost all my mods to... well, a brand new place: Weasel Mods Forums.

There are some project I won't move, though: like those that are part of something bigger than just me. Like projects I released as a part of NPC IEP mods (Valygar Friendship, Minsc Friendship, etc.) or Yoshimo's Remorse I released along with jmaeq.

Nevertheless, if you are looking for my mods, use these links: www.weaselmods.net (forum), www.downloads.weaselmods.net (download)
There is an alternative download powered by DropBox - use it when the usual download site doesn't work:
www.dropbox.com/sh/56dr4q8h2q7djri/AACJfi0A2mV7hFlH3eqDLTcEa?dl=0

I hope you'll enjoy the new place. Perhaps it's not as modern, some solutions may seem a bit outdated, but... I just hope the new site will serve the purpose and that you'll find it at least "ok". The old download links may expire in a while as with time those mods will be removed from SHS. Because of the same reason, mods I uploaded at Beamdog forums will also be available only at Weasel Mods.

Best wishes! Thanks to everyone who's been supporting me for years now. That includes both other modders and all the players that gave my mods a chance! Also thanks to Spellhold Studios, Gibberlings Three, Pocket Plane Group and all the other modding websites out there! You rock!

Lava Del'Vortel