• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

:cheers:

My bug thread was changed to discussions about versions, tooltips, BP, and sausages.

Edited by Hoppy, 22 December 2010 - 04:55 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

Um, so where is v1.13? The latest I see in Downloads is v1.12a which is from 8 months ago.

I'm just looking for a mod that has the most recent version of the 2da fixed code (which is probably mine, in part anyway, but I don't feel like digging it up from whichever post or snippet it's in, thinking it's easier to download a quarter gigabyte megamod and see it in action :D).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

The newest versions are at TeamBG and BWL :D

PS: Here's the 1.13 tp2 but if you still wanna dl a quarter GB megamod ... :ROFL:

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

Um, so where is v1.13? The latest I see in Downloads is v1.12a which is from 8 months ago.

I'm just looking for a mod that has the most recent version of the 2da fixed code (which is probably mine, in part anyway, but I don't feel like digging it up from whichever post or snippet it's in, thinking it's easier to download a quarter gigabyte megamod and see it in action :D).

Was that the tooltip.2da bit? Well you'll probably see it anyway if all you needed was the TP2. I will hae it in RoT too as that screws things up again but if you use it in BP, then that might restore it for now as RoT is taking a long time to get everything in order.

PS: Here's the 1.13 tp2 but if you still wanna dl a quarter GB megamod ... :ROFL:

Unfortunately the CtB 1.13 is stuck in temp upload limbo here and Liam said he would update it but this was before he was unavailable for a bit and then returned. I don't like bothering him too much so we'll see it when we see it. Last time the uploading was quite difficult even for him so there must be something odd going on since SHS got its face-lift.

I checked the folder and they are still there and even updated TDD 1.14 with two adjustments (1 in TP2 and 1 BAF).

Edited by Hoppy, 20 December 2010 - 09:48 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

Hey Hoppy!

I'm around now--shoot me a PM with what you need organised--again. Sorry for the hassle. :)

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

Was that the tooltip.2da bit? Well you'll probably see it anyway if all you needed was the TP2. I will hae it in RoT too as that screws things up again but if you use it in BP, then that might restore it for now as RoT is taking a long time to get everything in order.

Yeah it was tooltip.2da and I thought possibly some other table, but maybe not. I'm sure BP has even more stuff than RoT to get in order - this was on my list to look at though.

:blink: Well, cheers for the tp2.

I think you need FTP access to upload bigger mods (I have to use it for the larger Infinity Animations modules).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

Yeah it was tooltip.2da and I thought possibly some other table, but maybe not. I'm sure BP has even more stuff than RoT to get in order - this was on my list to look at though.

:blink: Well, cheers for the tp2.

I think you need FTP access to upload bigger mods (I have to use it for the larger Infinity Animations modules).

Unless it was the State.IDS bit that maybe BP has to alter as well? I fixed that in CtB and TDD but TDD had the MXSPLPAL.2da table fix but I followed Wisp's lead on that in the BP forum.

http://www.shsforums...post__p__491236

I have the FTP access methinks, but I don't have permissions to alter anything in megamods <_< Megabummers . Maybe because I am not cool enough. :(

Here is the changelog from 1.13 and 1.12a and the tooltip fix is actually in 1.12a, I just didn't put in the changelog for that version ;) I don't see any other table patching except for the IDS unless it was the TDD thing.

*** Version 1.13 (by Hoppy) - WeiDU v220
1) Tooltip.2da patching fix.

2) .bat typo fixed AM1700.*WAV >>> AM1700*.WAV

3) Re-fixed the fix exiting the Underdark and the Chapter change. Old bug was where the Chapter increased
twice. ~AR2500.bcs~ ~CtB/scripts/append/aptp2500.BAF~

4) TP2 typo fixed (ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/CTB_CHRS.bif~)>>>>>CTB-CHRS.BIF

5) Crash in the Hlondeth area (AR3611) due to faulty night light maps. All night maps have been redone for Hlondeth areas.

6) Spanish translation added and credit goes to:
Ancalagon el Negro
Artemis
Chrono66
Lisandro
Melkor
Riojano2002
Serpol
¿Quién si no?

7) SHOUT.IDS patching fix to be synonymous with BG2 Fixpak. APPEND ~SHOUTIDS.IDS~ ~2 LEAVE2~ UNLESS ~LEAVE2~

8) Massive Great Axe of Flame +5 now has been changed from CBHLTYA+ to CBHLYTA2 for better patching by other mods.
Also changed dialog CBHLVLNT.D to account for the item code change.

Extra thanks go out to Miloch, Galactygon and Lollorian.
*** Version 1.12 (by King Diamond) *Hoppy was here :)* - WeiDU v212
1) added Italian translation.
credits go to: Ilot (in collaboration with Arcangelo and Andrea C.).

2) Revised French translation: Les D'Oghmatiques

3) added German translation.
credits go to: Leonardo Watson

4) Fixed 3 search maps (AR3534, AR3551 and AR3575) which now allow for better movement or fixes CTD's.

5) Attempted to fix the Academy of Kuldin scripts (AR3541-AR3560 cumulatively) with appropriate change of enemies
depending on party levels and allowing other script blocks to fire. Level checks were previously too high.

6) Creature fixes for Yuanti in Hlondeth relative to Rynn's quest. Changed death variable to YUANTI to match her
dialog checks (SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI) and does not affect the Yuanti of the main quest,
Hlondeth Secession or Black Adder stew.
-CBHLDYT1, CBHLDYT2, CBHLDYT3, CBHLDYT4 all have YUANTI dv's.

7) Missing characters (CBPISSMN=AR1100, CBSEACAPT=AR0300, CB3650DW=AR3650) that are present in the area file but never
get created. Not a timing issue or incompatibility, they never worked in versions 150-1.11 either.
Possible patching botched? Just added some script blocks in the areas to spawn them when relevent.

8) Fixed the dragring.itm crashing due to no creature files present to summon. Added 4 dragons that it can summon
with generic summoned Nishru scripts for now so they won't go hostile by spells cast. Will improve on this later.

9) Fixed the item CBDRSTF3.ITM causing a crash on "hit" because it was set as 2 handed and inventory icon mace. Also changed BAM.

10) Generated a script to spawn the item (CBDRSWOD) needed to upgrade/fix the item above.
PREY.BCS was appended to and will create the item in a forest area.
This item could not be previously found by me or testers in any files.

11) Fixed Crowley's cutscene to give Use Any Item as the normal spell casts on self. Added my own CBUAISP for the spell
and changed other class quest scripts that teach Use Any Item to work better with the new spell.

12) Fixed Tardeth's dialog from Company of Eight to not give the quest in chapter 7 only.

13) Fixed CBCLKSCP to correctly decrease reputation permanently each time donned. I based similar coding to what Aurora's
Shoes mod uses.

14) Many creature changes done by ScuD to reorder items in slots that may not be immediate bugs, but can make other installations
fail or create corrupt resources. Some of these I had to alter further for fixes.

15) Attempted to fix Alchemy test that worked in early versions. I made the changes to area script AR3504 and CBTETTCH.BCS so this
hopefully will work better compatibility-wise. Not sure why this was broken honestly.

16) Attempted to fix Zannaster the mage/lich scripts to work better. Seems to work with the resored cutscene.

17) Attempted to fix a bug in Angry Villagers revolt (AR1000.BCS).

18) Added a proper journal entry for the Master Vampire quest. Originally pointed to a spell name in the dialog.tlk.
I could not find any references in old versions so I made my own entry and it is translated in all current languages.

19) Reordered scripts for CBDRIFAL (driders not hostile in ancient library) and CB901SCK (Holly the elf changed script to override). These will hopefully allow the driders to be hostile where
appropriate and Holly to have stronger checks for the herbs that she needs.

20) Fixed CBHOLLY2.ITM where the save throws were disappearing on character level up. With this change, the modifier still shows after level up. This is an attempt to make the effects permanent.

21) For the Captured quest, I removed one global check from AR0300.BCS to account for the two different scenarios. In one scenarion Mook would never be created so player would have to CLUA
the item that Bodhi wants.

22) Tried to fix Ryberg (CBRYBERG) to not spawn instantly again if the player refuses to help. Added SetGlobalTimer("#HCbRybSpwn","GLOBAL",ONE_DAY)
to his dialog and a GlobalTimerExpired in his BCS so he can spawn again in one day in relevant areas. May not be perfected so I will improve on this.

****Thanks go out to ilot, prowler, Leonardo Watson, Leomar, Fouinto, JustGans, 10th, Graoumf, Chevalier and K'aeloree.****

Edited by Hoppy, 21 December 2010 - 11:13 AM.

- King Diamond

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:17 AM

Unless it was the State.IDS bit that maybe BP has to alter as well? I fixed that in CtB and TDD but TDD had the MXSPLPAL.2da table fix but I followed Wisp's lead on that in the BP forum.

Most of the stats.ids and state.ids stuff is probably related to Detectable Spells/Stats. We'll probably use DavidW's revision as used in the SCSes and also by erebusant in Revised Battles etc. - should be more compatible than older versions.

The other tables are Level 50 Rules-related, no? I think Turambar revised those for BP (somewhere in this thread probably) possibly based off Wisp's code, though I haven't looked at any of it yet.

Edited by Miloch, 22 December 2010 - 09:17 AM.

#9 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

Most of the stats.ids and state.ids stuff is probably related to Detectable Spells/Stats. We'll probably use DavidW's revision as used in the SCSes and also by erebusant in Revised Battles etc. - should be more compatible than older versions.

The other tables are Level 50 Rules-related, no? I think Turambar revised those for BP (somewhere in this thread probably) possibly based off Wisp's code, though I haven't looked at any of it yet.

I am unfamiliar with Turanbar's fix and as with level 50 rules, BP won't install it if whether TDD or RoT have been installed as they apply the level 50 as their core component. Maybe the BP fix patches it further? Otherwise in 99% of BP installs, it's skipped if someone installed one of the above mods already.

- King Diamond

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Well like I said, I haven't really looked at it either, but I think all the L50 patches should do the same thing, and also check if it's already been installed, and skip it if so. Wisp may have even coded it smart enough to do that already.