#1 Omni

Omni
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

File Name: arena_v1
File Submitter: Omni
File Submitted: 29 Dec 2010
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

The concept is simple, Once you're into Throne of Bhaal© and have accessed your pocket plane ability, you will notice two new npc's inside near the door out. The Arena Master, and Reward Claimer. The first challenge inside your pocket plane MUST be complete before you can begin the arena. After the challenge is complete you may continue the Arena. It starts on Tier one, round one match. You must complete each round to unlock the next. Once you've completed an entire tier a reward will be availible via the Reward Claimer.

Click here to download this file

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

Smells like spam/trojan/malware.... K'ae?

-Y-

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

Nope, it checks out fine... :)

It looks great, Omni--can't wait to see what you do next! ;)

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:11 AM

After talking to K'ae I unreservedly withdraw my suspicions and unreservedly apologise for the harsh words. Mea culpa maxima - it is just so unusual for a first post to be a mod but not unusual for a first post to be spam etc..

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 30 December 2010 - 06:13 AM.

#5 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

After talking to K'ae I unreservedly withdraw my suspicions and unreservedly apologise for the harsh words. Mea culpa maxima - it is just so unusual for a first post to be a mod but not unusual for a first post to be spam etc..

It's rare, but it happens - DavidW's first post was announcing SCS ;)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#6 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

After talking to Omni, who goes all the way back to the pre-WeiDU dark ages, I suggested he post his first effort here as a way to drum up some instant exposure and feedback.

#7 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Well, I've didn't played it yet - but I really hope for a possibility of making such a mod a bit more... role-playing. So: arena not in Pocketplane, but for example Copper Coronet. Possibility of fighting on arena would be a great reward for evil choice in Lehtinan/Hendak quest. Series of fighting against more and more exotic monsters would be really nice. That'd be great possibility of showing some underrepresented in-game monsters. :)

#8 Omni

Omni
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:52 AM

Well, I've didn't played it yet - but I really hope for a possibility of making such a mod a bit more... role-playing. So: arena not in Pocketplane, but for example Copper Coronet. Possibility of fighting on arena would be a great reward for evil choice in Lehtinan/Hendak quest. Series of fighting against more and more exotic monsters would be really nice. That'd be great possibility of showing some underrepresented in-game monsters. :)

Sorry for late response. This was a one-day mod. well it carried over a couple hour's into the 2nd day but meh. Point is, It wasn't planned out. It was a spurt of the moment add-on. I was an edited dueler, one of the best. I used my editing for exploiting purposes only. I wanted to see if I could use my talents in the creation of add-ons and see how I fared. I haven't actually got a full-review yet but I assume you all like what I've done. I would be proud/happy to make this bigger and better if anyone is interested in this turning to an actual mod (i.e. Story to the add-on, More features, better dialogue, Being able to start it in SoA instead of waiting until ToB to start).

The concept of this mod is easily expandable and fun to play and edit. If people are interested I would actually enjoy making custom-scripted battles for more matches than just the 4 matches that are non-preloaded enemy scripts. Please if you would like to see more to this mod.. Please due tell. I feel like it's not worth it to devote my time to this project unless I *KNOW* people are playing / enjoying it.

p.s. A beta-test / Review would be great if anyone has the time to finish all the matches

Any idea's or comments you have please either reply here or e-mail me at.. mastersuriel@gmail.com =) I look forward to your replies.

Thanks,
BORG-Omniscient.

#9 SynysterKezia

SynysterKezia
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

p.s. A beta-test / Review would be great if anyone has the time to finish all the matches

Any idea's or comments you have please either reply here or e-mail me at.. mastersuriel@gmail.com =) I look forward to your replies.

Thanks,
BORG-Omniscient.

I'm going to be starting a new BG2 game with a friend of mine, shortly. He's never played before and I've just installed a bunch of mods to up the difficulty of the game, but if nobody's gotten back to you about finishing all the matches I'll be sure to do it. Granted, it'll be awhile...

#10 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

I have a question. Is it intentional (or bug) that you can get tier 6 reward from reward claimer after tier 5 round 1 fight (same time as you can ask tier 5 reward). Then i can do tier 6 round one fight and get nothing as reward.

Update:
I forgot to add my thanks for this mod. Very entertaining fights and nice rewards. :coolthumb:
Spoiler

Edited by micbaldur, 04 October 2011 - 07:14 PM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible