RELEASED : Conductor Kit for Bards v1.00

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Guess I finally got it done! Somewhat different from what I imagined, more useful than I thought, but very nifty nonetheless and probably fun to play, that's what counts. Testing out the Spells and HLAs (especially!) was great fun, although many bugs were tough to fix. I have attached the Readme along with 2 screenshots taken long ago. Comments, Flames, Reviews etc, can all be posted here.

Conductor Kit for Bards
v 1.00
by Zyraen

Download Here

Every Conductor sparks a most enchanting charm that they use to electrify their audiences in every sense of the word. Just through their performances, Conductors can channel electricity and possibly even set alight all those who incur their wrath, and their mastery of Electrical and Lightning spells is unparalleled even when compared against Mages.
However, their limitations are many. Their art requires use of small single-handed weapons, the proper timing means they may not be quick on their feet while performing, and since their calling is to be the centre of attention, a Conductor can never use invisibility of any sort.

Advantages :
- Damaging Bard Songs progressing as follows
5 : Bard Song damages nearby opponents for 1d6 electrical damage on failed Save vs Spells
9 : Bard Song damages nearby opponents for 2d6 electrical damage on failed Save vs Spells -1
14 : Bard Song damages nearby opponents for 2d6 electrical damage and 2d6 fire damage on failed Save vs Spells at -2
- Gains 10% Electrical Resistance every 5 levels, up to 50% Max
- Auto-Learns special Electrical / Lightning Spells at various levels
- HLAs includes Conductor Song Upgrades, Conductor Resistance, Proficiencies, and Conductor Spell Upgrades

Disadvantages :
- Bard Song sets the Conductors movement speed to half of normal
- may not have Proficiency Points in any weapons or styles except Short Sword, Dagger, Single Weapon Style.
- may not ever become Invisible, Hidden, Unseen, or anything to the effect of making them invisible
- Offhand Thac0 has a permanent -7 Penalty
- HLAs excludes all Use Any Item, all Traps, standard Enhanced Bard Song, Alchemy and Potion-making

Conductor Special Spells
- Charged Magic Missiles (level 1) : 1d4 Electrical Damage per missile. learned only at level 9.
- Lightning Glyph (level 2) : Wizard version of Glyph of Warding
- Conductor's Insulation (level 2) : grants 70% Electrical Resistance. lasts 10 turns.
- Lightning Blast (level 3) : Everyone in a 30' radius of caster, including allies, takes 10d6 Lightning damage.
- Conductor's Chain (level 4) : same as normal Chain Lightning, just 2 levels lower
- Lightning Storm (level 5) : Wizard version of Call Lightning, except it is usable indoors
- Conducive Surge (level 5) : single target spell, target takes -4 to Save vs Spells, -30% Lightning Resist, -30% Fire Resist, lasts 15 rounds.

Optional Component :
Haer'Dalis the Conductor
I always felt the class suited him better anyway. Now he can literally be the centre of Attention.

Note : I just put it under Hidden Kits as its too minor to warrant its own forum. Its definitely NOT a Hidden Kit.

Attached Images

• conduc1.jpg
  • conduc2.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by Zyraen, 04 January 2011 - 01:13 AM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

I really like the idea! I will play Conductor next time I play BG2 :) That would be soon, hopefully! Thank you for making this kit. I'm definetelly a bard-player :cheers:

EDIT:

One thing
IF	!Kit(Myself,BLADE)
	Class(Myself,BARD)
	Global("Z#Conduc","LOCALS",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("Z#Conduc","LOCALS",1)
	AddKit(Z#CONDUC)
	Continue()
END

Shouldn't it be without "!"? Didn't you mean to check if Haer'dalis is a blade and if he's then to change him into Conductor?

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 03 January 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

No worries. I changed Haer'Dalis CRE to a normal Bard without a Blade Kit, so yes I am checking if he's not a Blade then swapping him to a Conductor.

I have to use a manual script to change him, because every computer may have a different entry for the installed Conductor (Z#CONDUC) kit. There should be a way to TP2 search the IDS for the right code and then change it, but I'm too n00b to do that.

PS : I'm definitely NOT a Bard player.. found them too weak. Hopefully this kit will change that, though like I said they're still slightly weaker than a Mage. I'm thinking to attempt a ToB solo though or duo though :)

Edited by Zyraen, 03 January 2011 - 04:48 PM.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Checking some other mod's tp2 was too much work? :P
Actually, that was for the best, since the code used by all current mods doesn't actually work for large installations.

This is correct:

WRITE_SHORT 0x244 0
WRITE_SHORT 0x246 0x4000 + Z#CONDUC

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#5 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

@bigg : thanks :) I'll have to note that for future runs, and also if I update the Conductor installation

Well, I guess the decent number of Downloads vs the lack of Comments here means its relatively Bug-free? Damned I should have made more mistakes lol

Edited by Zyraen, 06 January 2011 - 06:25 AM.

#6 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Heya again, Zy! Long time no see, hotshot modder, heheheh. Just got back to the modding scene after that three-year hiatus with Neverwinter Nights. Was curious if you'd be up for me trying my hand at branching Conductor into a Fire or Fire + Air version, figured I might as well ask first.

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#7 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

EDIT: GAAAAAH, lost it all when I had to do a reinstall of BWP! :wall: :wall: :wall:  I'll redo it all later for you, urgh....

So I was digging around in Conductor, making a custom version for my personal use, and discovered that either A) I'm an idiot and reading IEEP wrong, or B) your documentation is incorrect about Conductor's Magic Missle (Z#CDMGM1.SPL) damage, as it's type, while correctly assigned to Electric, is actually 2d2 per missle, from what I can see: Dice Throws 2, d 2. This conflicts with your stated 1d4 in the documentation Setup-Conductor.tp2 and the spell description.

Edit: You also set its school as Invocation, rather than the stated Evocation. I'll keep this post updated for now as I bring the spells and abilities in line with the documentation.

All changes documented below according to the stated details of Setup-Conductor.tp2:

Z#CDMGM1.SPL - Magic Missile

- Name updated to Charged Magic Missles.

- School changed from Invocation to Evocation.

- Damage changed from 2d2 Electric per missle to 1d4 Electric per missile (May have broken multi-missle visual, damage should still work accurately, however)

- Description updated to accurately reflect the changes.

Z#CDGLYP.SPL - Glyph of Warding

- Name updated to Lightning Glyph

- School changed from Conjuration/Summoning to Abjuration (documentation states Abjuration/Evocation)

- Modified to be gained at level 4 (as it's a 2nd Level Spell), starting at 4d4 Electric. Added to Total Number to make room for level 5. Still capped at Level 18 with 18d4 Electric, as per Zyraen's chosen default.

- Description and Setup-Conductor.tp2 updated to accurately reflect the changes.

Z#CDINS2.SPL - Protection from Electricity

- Name updated to Conductor's Insulation

Z#CDLBLB.SPL - Lightning Bolt

Due to unfamiliarity with spells calling / depending on others (Z#CDLBL.SPL, Z#CDLBLA.SPL, Z#CDLBLB.SPL, Z#CDLBLC.SPL) I'm only going to touch Z#CDLBLB.SPL so I don't break anything too horribly, which is the spell that governs the actual damage / area / etc.

- Name updated to Lightning Blast

- School changed from Invocation to Evocation (as stated in documentation)

Z#CDCDCH.SPL - Chain Lightning

- Name updated to Conductor's Chain

- Total Number extended to 6, starting at Level 10 Bard (earliest level L4 spells can be learned at) with 2d6 Electrical / 3d6 Electrical, capping at the original 10d6 at Level 20.

Tired, going to quit for now. Lemme know if you'd like a copy of this version for testing, updating, or whatevs, Z! Also, feel free to spank the stupid outta me if I broke something, boyo.

Edited by Jenavee, 20 December 2013 - 11:20 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#8 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

Sure, feel free and have fun.

#9 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

As a note - you might want to look at the TP2 before editing the SPLs inside the Z#CONDUC folder (is that the correct name?)

The SPLs typically have the numbers and "hard" stuff, but the names and descriptions are typically based on the content inside the TP2, during the COPY command I believe I used the various codes after that to alter the games into my custom names.

All this is from memory, I'm typing from my work computer lol.

#10 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

I know! I was comparing, side-by-side, the tp2 and the SPLs, which is where I was seeing discrepencies. Still haven't gotten around to redoing all that work, UGH.

So depressed because of 'this' over here, too... http://www.shsforums...-13#entry565708

Got all the way through BG1 and started BG2 before I hit a game-breaking bug.

Edited by Jenavee, 08 January 2014 - 02:05 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#11 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

Heh, I get it. He's a conductor

And that's why he deals electric damage