• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

Aeryn: We could add a !AreaType([DUNGEON]) to the trigger conditions of most talks?

#22 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Yeah, sounds like that would be a good idea. ^_^ I'll add it to the To Do list for the next version.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#23 Nivea

Nivea
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

I have a question, hopefully this is a ok place to post it. XP

I am doing a play through with your lovely mod and the Xan non-bonded romance path, will either of them have a conflict with me pursuing them both (cause I am to lazy to replay the game again for Xan non-bonded rofl...bad me.) or will Haer'Dalis not notice unless I talk to him about Xan?

I love this mod so far, never been a fan of Haer'Dalis but now that I get to know him better I like him.

#24 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

They're not really compatible; there will be major problems with some interjections and the Bodhi kidnapping, and probably some other things I'm forgetting. The romances *may* work regardless, but it's far safer if you don't. It's never a good idea to romance multiple mod NPCs unless they're specifically stated to be compatible.

#25 -KatWi-

-KatWi-

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

I suppose tha might not be a right place to ask, but who the hell is that Lask guy you can tell HD you like? I've never heard of him before.

#26 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:59 AM

A project I'm working on. Or would be working on if SWTOR wasn't consuming my free time. <_< It shouldn't be showing up in game, however, so I'll make a note to correct that. ^_^

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#27 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

They're not really compatible; there will be major problems with some interjections and the Bodhi kidnapping, and probably some other things I'm forgetting. The romances *may* work regardless, but it's far safer if you don't. It's never a good idea to romance multiple mod NPCs unless they're specifically stated to be compatible.

I'm sorry, but I am not sure I agree here: are you implying that my mod has multiple problems with intrerjections and/or Bodhi kidnapping(because it isn't so), or is Haerdalis romance overwriting files? Because from my understanding, technically Haer'Dalis romance and Xan non-bonded should work fine: Xan's non-bonded path has no Bodhi kidnapping, and interjections are I_C_T's that should be compatible with anything, really.

From the role-playing view, romancing both men at the same time is not the wisest idea, but technically it's fine - Xan mod ignores Haer'Dalis romance entirely; to my knowledge, Haer'Dalis ignores Xan romance either, since I haven't approved any crossmod content apart from basic Crossmod Banter Pack killer scripts. I don't see a problem in installing both mods and romancing Xan one playthrough, Haer'Dalis the other.

#28 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Actually, scratch the role-playing part: Xan's non-bonded path is made *exactly* for some multiromancing, hence the breakup mid-game. Valygar, Romantic Encounters, Anomen and whatever have you - it works fine with Xan's non-bonded path, so I don't see why Haer'Dalis(especially SoA-only, though ToB, too, probably) shouldn't.

#29 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

There would be conflicts with the post Slayer interjections, at the very least. People are more than welcome to test their luck with whatever combination of mods they wish, but the warning is valid.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#30 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

I stand corrected for Xan, but mod NPC multi-romancing in general is never something I will recommend. It is not a good idea unless stated and tested specifically by mod authors, and since neither Aeryn nor myself have tested Xan/HD, I don't feel comfortable telling players they're compatible. Xan may have been written with mod NPC multi-romancing in mind, but HD was not. :)

#31 -angry_eevee-

-angry_eevee-

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Just wondering, as you've mentioned before that he has several talks that trigger before spell hold, and I have played this game so many times I can get there in record time, when is the best point in the relationship to set sail? I don't want to miss anything :D

#32 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

In my opinion, the romance would make the most sense if you don't set sail until after lovetalk 19 (begins with the line "You frighten me at times, my raven."). The last non-plot specific talk (lovetalk 23) starts "A moment, my raven. I've something to ask of you." So, anytime in there is the best time to set sail. :)

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#33 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'm sorry If this is already asked but, apparently, in the Underdark (I think this was where this is) HD can have off-screen sex with a male-drow sex slave...

Assuming this is true, (verify this? I can't seem to find the entry...), should a gender resitriction in his romance be in place if his in-game character is bisexual?

Edited by Cerest, 08 April 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#34 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

I've never heard that before, and have no idea if it's true. Regardless, the romance was written with a female PC in mind, so simply removing the gender restriction would result in a number of awkward moments. As much as I would have liked to write this as a bisexual romance - because that's how I've always seen Haer'Dalis - bottom line is I'm a straight woman who wanted to see a straight romance with Haer'Dalis so that's what I focused on creating. In a perfect world, I'd have enough time and focus to rework the mod to fit with both genders, but there's a very, very small chance of that happening these days.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#35 neleothesze

neleothesze
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

First I'd like to say: I love the way you've written him. Thanks so much for releasing the mod. He's the perfect companion now: sweet when you need him, playful when you feel like it, inquisitive and witty and absolutely charming. Perfect.

My question is about the romance triggers and I haven't found an answer for this yet: If the PC flirts with Haer'Dalis but doesn't outright ermm.. proposition him.. will he at some point take the initiative and ask the PC if she would be interested in something more serious? :)

Edited by neleothesze, 30 August 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#36 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

Yes. :) Rest outside or at any inn anytime after lovetalk 12 (talks about Irenicus).

Glad you enjoy the mod!

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#37 neleothesze

neleothesze
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

It happened and it was definitely worth the wait :D

#38 -Arsenios-

-Arsenios-

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hello, does haer'dalis romance have a tune during lovetalks? ;] some mods I really wanted to try don't, and when there is no sound that sort of spoils it for me :{

#39 -Dummy Power!-

-Dummy Power!-

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

I have a silly question:

I have already Haer'Dalis in my team when I installed the mod, will the romance still start?

(and of course, I don't have any savegame from the time I didn't have him in my team... On the game, currently, I still don't have the 15000 gold for the shadows thieves)

Will the romance start on his own, or is there some way to start it forcefully?

Or will I have to restart the game? :crying:

Anyway thanks, and I'm sorry if I made some grammatical or vocabulary mistakes. It's because I'm french.

#40 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. If I'm remembering right, I think the mod needs to be installed at least prior to rescuing him from the Planar Sphere. If you haven't completed that quest yet, I think you might be in the clear, but if you have, you're probably better off just starting a new game.

If you're really desperate to keep this play-through though, you could try to manually set the CluaConsole variable by typing this: SetGlobal("LS_HaerDalisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

I'm hesitant to advise using the console because I know it can make problems with a mod worse if you don't do it right, but if you keep a clean save just in case it doesn't work, it's an option.

Edited by Agashi, 28 March 2014 - 03:52 PM.

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison