Camera angle mod for PS:T?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zelterious

zelterious
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hello all,
I am new to the forums, and new to Planescape: Torment. I just started playing this amazing game yesterday, (the GOG download) and have all the awesome mods installed that I could find on this site. Thanks to everyone who put so much time, and hard work into the mods for this game! You guys are really quite amazing! I have the game running on Win7 x64, and so far has been running really well.
My question is, is there any way to change the camera angle or zoom in or a mod that will allow it? I am running the game at 1920x1080, so some of the objects are sorta small, and hard to see. Here's a few screens.

Fight.jpg

hidden door.jpg
I about never found this door! LOL

loot.jpg

locked crate.jpg
Off topic, anyone know where I can find the key for this crate in the alley of dangerious angles?
Thanks

#2 -Nominar-

-Nominar-

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

PT is not a 3d game but a 2d isometric game like all the other Infinity Engine games; the maps are hand drawn 2d objects and thus it is impossible to change camera angles. There is no mod that can zoom in, but it looks like you're using the widescreen mod for PT which essentially zooms out. The original dimensions are somewhat like 640x800 or something. Maybe the widescreen mod is implemented with the GOG version or they have their own method? At least try changing your resolution to something smaller. If not you can get the widescreen mod from http://www.gibberlin...net/widescreen/ and force the resolution down.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

The original dimensions are somewhat like 640x800 or something.

They were VGA = 640x480, which was actually quite large for it's time, especially for that generation(as for 20 years before PST, before 1981) when there was no monitors and most of the computers outputs came in a printed out format as numbers. :P :lol:

What comes to the recommended resolution, I would try the 1280x720...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.