SOS for linux (and mac)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:54 AM

I have done some slight modifications to the mod in order to allow it to be installed on unix systems.

For linux, I've mostly done it on my own; and it appears to work on my computer. I don't have a mac, so I took the code from this post (thanks to grodrigues and Wisp); I haven't tested it yet, though.

Instructions (included in the archive):

0. extract the normal SOS archive into your game folder; next, extract the attached package (it should overwrite some files)

1. download the latest WeiDU version for your OS from the official site

2. linux users: extract tolower to your game folder and run it from terminal: if in doubt, answer yes to both questions (actually, you have to perform the first action every time you extract something new to the game folder, and the second only once for each installation; but doing it once more is not a problem).

3. extract the WeiDU executable to your game folder and rename it (without "s; MIND THE CASE!!) "setup-SOS" (mac) or "setup-sos" (linux)

4. from terminal, run setup-sos

Anyway, I suggest to read topics such as this one and the one linked above, which contain general information about bg2 mods and linux

@Hoppy (you're supporting this mod now, aren't you?)
I've modified the code in order to allow it to still run on windows (but it could need the latest version of WeiDU, which is included in my archive).
I've only worked on the AT_commands, which included .tis unpacking, .ogg decoding and biffing, and changed one or two lines for the GUI installer (plus some other lines here and there; if you need a diff I'll provide it). Therefore, I suggest that the official archive is updated with this code; if you have any questions, please ask me; you could also include the fence description corrections BTW.
My version includes, only for unix sistems, the new MAKE_BIFF command, instead of the old biffing method; I think it could be easily implemented in the Windows version as well. The advantage of the new code is that many more operations are directly performed by WeiDU, rather than by the OS itself, which increases compatibility, and makes the code more understandable.

edit: archive updated; I had made some typos which prevented some files from being biffed.

I've tested it and it appears to work: I managed to start a new game, and to create a fence; in order to test the rest of the content, I should play for some time, but I don't have time now.
edit: the new files are some posts below.
if you want to install it:
extract the archive to your game directory and replace the original Setup-SOS.tp2 with the one attached; append the new .tra strings (see post) in SOS/Language/(your language)/setup.tra. further instructions in the archive

Edited by Turambar, 24 January 2011 - 02:13 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

I have done some slight modifications to the mod in order to allow it to be installed on unix systems.

For linux, I've mostly done it on my own; and it appears to work on my computer. I don't have a mac, so I took the code from this post (thanks to grodrigues and Wisp); I haven't tested it yet, though.

Instructions (included in the archive):

0. extract the normal SOS archive into your game folder; next, extract the attached package (it should overwrite some files)

1. download the latest WeiDU version for your OS from the official site

2. linux users: extract tolower to your game folder and run it from terminal: if in doubt, answer yes to both questions (actually, you have to perform the first action every time you extract something new to the game folder, and the second only once for each installation; but doing it once more is not a problem).

3. extract the WeiDU executable to your game folder and rename it (without "s; MIND THE CASE!!) "setup-SOS" (mac) or "setup-sos" (linux)

4. from terminal, run setup-sos

Anyway, I suggest to read topics such as this one and the one linked above, which contain general information about bg2 mods and linux

@Hoppy (you're supporting this mod now, aren't you?)
I've modified the code in order to allow it to still run on windows (but it could need the latest version of WeiDU, which is included in my archive).
I've only worked on the AT_commands, which included .tis unpacking, .ogg decoding and biffing, and changed one or two lines for the GUI installer (plus some other lines here and there; if you need a diff I'll provide it). Therefore, I suggest that the official archive is updated with this code; if you have any questions, please ask me; you could also include the fence description corrections BTW.
My version includes, only for unix sistems, the new MAKE_BIFF command, instead of the old biffing method; I think it could be easily implemented in the Windows version as well. The advantage of the new code is that many more operations are directly performed by WeiDU, rather than by the OS itself, which increases compatibility, and makes the code more understandable.

edit: archive updated; I had made some typos which prevented some files from being biffed.

I've tested it and it appears to work: I managed to start a new game, and to create a fence; in order to test the rest of the content, I should play for some time, but I don't have time now.
update: uninstallation works, now!

I have other fixes to add but yeah sure I'll add all the code changes too. Region of Terror is my current update package so when that is done, I'll do this.

EDIT: All operating system installation code will have to be completed by either you or whoever else you are working with. I have to make the disclaimer that I will not provide any installation assistance or bug fixing with other operating systems. I already went through that before and I know I won't be repeating that performance. Let me know if you want your name on the support list for LINUX/Mac. :new_thumbs:

Edited by Hoppy, 20 January 2011 - 09:40 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:39 AM

I have other fixes to add but yeah sure I'll add all the code changes too. Region of Terror is my current update package so when that is done, I'll do this.

EDIT: All operating system installation code will have to be completed by either you or whoever else you are working with. I have to make the disclaimer that I will not provide any installation assistance or bug fixing with other operating systems. I already went through that before and I know I won't be repeating that performance. Let me know if you want your name on the support list for LINUX/Mac. :new_thumbs:

I've done it on my own, yet. I could help with linux, but not mac. What I've written for mac is based on the fact that it's based on unix, but I've actually never used a mac. If any mac user could help, he'd be welcome.

I'm still editing one or two things (I'm also trying to make the biffs only happen if the installation is interactive, whereas, if it's not, the files are moved to the override folder for future biffs).
If you want, I could change the final part of the mod (tis and ogg unpacking and biffs) for windows too, with some newer code, in order to allow, for instance, [R]einstalling.

Edited by Turambar, 22 January 2011 - 02:40 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

I've done it on my own, yet. I could help with linux, but not mac. What I've written for mac is based on the fact that it's based on unix, but I've actually never used a mac. If any mac user could help, he'd be welcome.

I'm still editing one or two things (I'm also trying to make the biffs only happen if the installation is interactive, whereas, if it's not, the files are moved to the override folder for future biffs).
If you want, I could change the final part of the mod (tis and ogg unpacking and biffs) for windows too, with some newer code, in order to allow, for instance, [R]einstalling.

Well for now we could do Windows and Linux package but we need some type of Mac support. Try Eric P. (member), he was installing BWP mods with Mac so he might be someone that can support it, test it and add to it. We could add the Mac installation to the release as is and unsupported, that's if nobody will test it and be some kind of support for questions and bugs related to Mac.

The BIFFing code and other .BAT commands with WEiDU would be nice as I left that alone to work on mod's files for bug fixing/compatibility. That was the top priority and I saw BIFFing as something that worked well enough in installation but would be modified with new code later.

The thing is I don't want to have to be left answering questions about an OS that I do not operate or have little or no knowledge of and then have to track down someone that does. That isn't support at all so that needs to be spearheaded by someone for Linux and Mac.

I am more than happy to test your new code related to the Biff, TIS and OGG so that it can be completely WEiDU functions. At least I can help in a little way.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

Well for now we could do Windows and Linux package but we need some type of Mac support. Try Eric P. (member), he was installing BWP mods with Mac so he might be someone that can support it, test it and add to it. We could add the Mac installation to the release as is and unsupported, that's if nobody will test it and be some kind of support for questions and bugs related to Mac.

Actually, we don't need separate packages. The WeiDU code supports different actions depending on the OS; the only problem is that while the windows executable has the .exe extension in its name, both linux and mac executables don't; therefore, they can't be saved to the same folder, and I will leave them in the OS-specific folders.
Anyway, I'll add a special readme for both OS which says where they can find their WeiDU installer.

I am more than happy to test your new code related to the Biff, TIS and OGG so that it can be completely WEiDU functions. At least I can help in a little way.

I've extended my changes to windows. The mod still needs some OS-based commands, but I've reduced them as much as I could.
Could you please test installation on windows?
I've changed the code again, in order to only biff those resources which won't be changed anymore, as the BWP suggests.
It now fully supports thr [R] option.
I'll attach an archive with the new files, my new tp2 and the diff (I think that's the best way to merge your changes with mine) between that and the 'official v1.13' .tp2.
I've also done some more slight changes, in order to traify one or two more strings.

edit: I hope none of my changes conflicts with any of yours. If you find problems, please tell me, and, when you make your fixes to the code, please let me see them, so that I can check if anything could get broken in my code.

Here are the changes:

1) Files to modify:
- setup-sos.exe : requires at least WeiDU 227 (due to use of MOVE +)
- setup-SOS.tp2 : see attached diff and .tp2
- setup.tra: add following strings; fix fence description where too long

Italian:

@20801 = ~Ricettatore~

@100000 = ~Decomprimo i tilesets: l'operazione potrebbe durare qualche minuto...~
@100001 = ~Devi installare SoS prima~
@100002 = ~Identificazione del sistema operativo fallita. Per favore riferire l'errore a Turambar ( http://www.shsforums...13304-turambar/ )~

English:

@20801 = ~Fence~

@100000 = ~Unpacking tilesets: this may take some minutes to complete...~
@100001 = ~You must have SoS mod installed~
@100002 = ~Identification of your OS failed. Please report the error to Turambar ( http://www.shsforums...13304-turambar/ )~

2) FILES TO ADD:
Add to SOS folder all files and folders in the archive

3) FILES TO REMOVE:
SOS/sos-tisoggbif.bat
SOS/sos-uninstall.bat

Attached Files

Edited by Turambar, 24 January 2011 - 01:06 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

Actually, we don't need separate packages. The WeiDU code supports different actions depending on the OS; the only problem is that while the windows executable has the .exe extension in its name, both linux and mac executables don't; therefore, they can't be saved to the same folder, and I will leave them in the OS-specific folders.
Anyway, I'll add a special readme for both OS which says where they can find their WeiDU installer.

I've extended my changes to windows. The mod still needs some OS-based commands, but I've reduced them as much as I could.
Could you please test installation on windows?
I've changed the code again, in order to only biff those resources which won't be changed anymore, as the BWP suggests.
It now fully supports thr [R] option.
I'll attach an archive with the new files, my new tp2 and the diff (I think that's the best way to merge your changes with mine) between that and the 'official v1.13' .tp2.
I've also done some more slight changes, in order to traify one or two more strings.

edit: I hope none of my changes conflicts with any of yours. If you find problems, please tell me, and, when you make your fixes to the code, please let me see them, so that I can check if anything could get broken in my code.

Here are the changes:

1) Files to modify:
- setup-sos.exe : requires at least WeiDU 227 (due to use of MOVE +)
- setup-SOS.tp2 : see attached diff and .tp2
- setup.tra: add following strings; fix fence description where too long

Italian:

@20801 = ~Ricettatore~

@100000 = ~Decomprimo i tilesets: l'operazione potrebbe durare qualche minuto...~
@100001 = ~Devi installare SoS prima~
@100002 = ~Identificazione del sistema operativo fallita. Per favore riferire l'errore a Turambar ( http://www.shsforums...13304-turambar/ )~

English:

@20801 = ~Fence~

@100000 = ~Unpacking tilesets: this may take some minutes to complete...~
@100001 = ~You must have SoS mod installed~
@100002 = ~Identification of your OS failed. Please report the error to Turambar ( http://www.shsforums...13304-turambar/ )~

2) FILES TO ADD:
Add to SOS folder all files and folders in the archive

3) FILES TO REMOVE:
SOS/sos-tisoggbif.bat
SOS/sos-uninstall.bat

OK, thanks man and I will give it a test. My changes won't involve setup so much, just bug fixes. One thing about the BIFFing is we will need to BIFF as much or as close to what the single module does (This is not NeJ 691). Someone asked me about installing this without BWP so the final installation should be single-module friendly and not dependent on BWP setups universally. The BWP can modify the installation content as it does now and as it sees fit through its own devices but we can't have half the files BIFFed and the other half not just because 2 other mods from BWP will write data to SOS files. I will look over this in my test and draw my conclusions from there.

Good luck in your exams :cheers:

- King Diamond

#7 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

OK, thanks man and I will give it a test. My changes won't involve setup so much, just bug fixes. One thing about the BIFFing is we will need to BIFF as much or as close to what the single module does (This is not NeJ 691). Someone asked me about installing this without BWP so the final installation should be single-module friendly and not dependent on BWP setups universally. The BWP can modify the installation content as it does now and as it sees fit through its own devices but we can't have half the files BIFFed and the other half not just because 2 other mods from BWP will write data to SOS files. I will look over this in my test and draw my conclusions from there.

Good luck in your exams :cheers:

Thanks.
Concerning the biffs, I was "pretty heavily insulted" by the bigg for defending my position that you should be able to biff everything without further mods.
I tried to use an extra component that only performs biffing. The problem is, though, that some fool could try to [R]e-install that component alone despite warnings. That would temporarily break the game, and require re-installing the whole mod. I'd rather not rely on just printing "don't re-install", if I can find a way to automatically re-install the main component if one attempts to re-install just the subcomponents. But I haven't found a way to do that, if the biffing component is re-installed without the main, without causing a loop. Perhaps, I could find a way to stop that loop...
Anyway, I could re-enable the double possibility (biff all or only what's really necessary), if you want it; it's already done, somewhere...

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#8 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

I was "pretty heavily insulted" by the bigg for defending my position that you should be able to biff everything without further mods.

You aren't used to reading posts of mine then.

Also: component 0 of SoS copies/compiles/appends/.. ITM,SPL,BCS,... files to {bg2}/override while copying/extracting TIS/WAV/BAM/... files to {bg2}/SoS-Are and then calling MAKE_BIFF on SoS-Are and friends.
Component 1 of SoS is a straight copy of gen_biff's code, and the description tells people that it should only be installed if you don't plan to install other mods.

Should be safe for [R]einstalling; the worse thing that might happen would be that the user installs component 1 when installing BWP (thus wasting some extra disk space, without ever letting the game or WeiDU be in an inconsistent state).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#9 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

I was "pretty heavily insulted" by the bigg for defending my position that you should be able to biff everything without further mods.

You aren't used to reading posts of mine then.

That's why I wrote that in ""s :P

Also: component 0 of SoS copies/compiles/appends/.. ITM,SPL,BCS,... files to {bg2}/override while copying/extracting TIS/WAV/BAM/... files to {bg2}/SoS-Are and then calling MAKE_BIFF on SoS-Are and friends.
Component 1 of SoS is a straight copy of gen_biff's code, and the description tells people that it should only be installed if you don't plan to install other mods.

Should be safe for [R]einstalling; the worse thing that might happen would be that the user installs component 1 when installing BWP (thus wasting some extra disk space, without ever letting the game or WeiDU be in an inconsistent state).

Component 0, yet, copies all resources such as ITM, SPLs,... to a bunch of different folders, and I didn't touch that part of the code (although, it could make things easier), as I don't want to interfere with any modification Hoppy's done to that part. That's why I used two different forced_subcomponents, one to move to override and one to biff all files from SOS-SPL, SOS-ITM,... (the temporary folders are then deleted AT_EXIT, whereas the override folder is restored AT_UNINSTALL)
the problem is that, if one reinstalls the biffing only, the files are not in the temporary folders anymore, and therefore the main component has to be re-installed.
Does force-install 0 also reinstall component 1 in the end?
Otherwise, could I use
ACTION_IF NOT VARIABLE_IS_SET %argv[0]% BEGIN
  ACTION_IF ~%WEIDU_OS%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~win32~ BEGIN
    AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL_EXIT ~Setup-SOS.exe --reinstall --args 1~ // prevents this line from being triggered again
  END ELSE BEGIN // unix
    AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL_EXIT ~./Setup-SOS --reinstall --args 1~ // prevents this line from being triggered again
  END
END

Edited by Turambar, 24 January 2011 - 02:49 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#10 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

Let me argue again for having component 0 drop ITM files to the override and component 1 use gen_biff-like code to move files to SoS-Itm and biff them (if you're editing the tp2 go all the way. Besides, if I understand him correctly, Hoppy is editing the itm files, rather than the tp2).

If you don't wish to change component 0 to drop ITM in the override, use MOVE for getting the files from SoS-Itm to the override or MAKE_BIFF for biffing them, depending on which FORCED_SUBCOMPONENT the user chose. Bingo, uninstalls and reinstalls are now transparent to you and to the user. Yes, the user will have an useless SoS-Itm folder eating up (maybe) a dozen megabytes of disk space, that you could remove with the complex uninstall procedure you're dreaming up. If you think disk space savings are worth pursuing in this case, then please repeat with me:

Posted Image

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

Let me argue again for having component 0 drop ITM files to the override and component 1 use gen_biff-like code to move files to SoS-Itm and biff them (if you're editing the tp2 go all the way. Besides, if I understand him correctly, Hoppy is editing the itm files, rather than the tp2).

Editing all different files and minor TP2 fixes but I can add those to the final again. So you suggest the gen_biff is a component? That would be better and then installers can decide if they want to do it right away or later, depending on how far they are taking their mod installations.

EDIT: How about component 0 drops all core SOS installation files into override (like NeJ691) and component 1 is optional BIFFing for SoS. That leaves component 2 for the Remorrazh walking speed which is just a BGMain hack so it doesn't desperately need to be after the main component or even need the main component at all. EDIT: Well maybe it does since the animations are added by the core installation.

This way I can just steal the super code for the other mods.

Edited by Hoppy, 24 January 2011 - 08:49 PM.

- King Diamond

#12 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

EDIT: How about component 0 drops all core SOS installation files into override (like NeJ691) and component 1 is optional BIFFing for SoS. That leaves component 2 for the Remorrazh walking speed which is just a BGMain hack so it doesn't desperately need to be after the main component or even need the main component at all. EDIT: Well maybe it does since the animations are added by the core installation.

We could work on both parts of the code (COPYs and BIFFs) like this:

- files with following formats: 2da\|sto\|wmp\|are\|bcs\|cre\|DLG\|ITM\|SPL (please see note below) should be copied (WITH backup, NOT COPY + !) to the override folder instead of copied + to SOS-* folders
- other formats could be left where they are

I could then re-write my part of the code, assuming the files are treated like that

Other notes:
- checking the presence of other mods: I believe it would be better to use FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~[an area from that mod]~ instead of just checking if FILE_EXISTS ~data/[a biff from the mod]~, in case the BWP removes the biff. Anyway, most of those checks become redundant if you use ADD_SPELL, or the UNLESS condition
- for spells, I think you should consider the ADD_SPELL command; that would automatically mean, though, moving SOS after mods that don't use it yet such as BGT and DSOTSC. BTW, as you're working on RoT, we could do something similar to that as well, and to other mods such as TDD,... The only, really difficult mod to 'modernize' is BGT, which is almost entirely done with AT_EXIT
BTW, the GUI also needs a little change to be compatible with all OSs, but that's not difficult.

PS: are you interested in my new code for level 50 rules for RoT (as written in the topic, you don't need to check if it's already installed (the two REQUIRE_PREDICATE can be removed), as it always checks if tables already have 50 levels)?

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

- checking the presence of other mods: I believe it would be better to use FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~[an area from that mod]~ instead of just checking if FILE_EXISTS ~data/[a biff from the mod]~, in case the BWP removes the biff.

Well, we have said so too, but the BWP/BWS has made patches for them, so... they actually should look for something else, or just skip the whole check, and the .biffing is also changed, so you might wish to ask Lollorian on how to exactly do it so that the BWS can keep up with the most effectivelly. Or at least send him a note.

The only bad thing about this is that if the bigg retires and then the superb code fails for some reason, you are left to figure the whole thing yourself... so may I suggest that you actually ask how the thing was created, and then steal it... :devil:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 January 2011 - 01:58 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#14 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

Gen_biff is 65 lines of tp2; I'm sure that Turambar (or anybody else who uses tp2 for more than COPY) can figure out what it does and how it does it. You need to edit gen_biff's code to ensure you don't overwrite the 'real' gen_biff's files, but I'm sure that Turambar is able to do so.

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

Other notes:
- checking the presence of other mods: I believe it would be better to use FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~[an area from that mod]~ instead of just checking if FILE_EXISTS ~data/[a biff from the mod]~, in case the BWP removes the biff. Anyway, most of those checks become redundant if you use ADD_SPELL, or the UNLESS condition

That makes sense.

- for spells, I think you should consider the ADD_SPELL command; that would automatically mean, though, moving SOS after mods that don't use it yet such as BGT and DSOTSC. BTW, as you're working on RoT, we could do something similar to that as well, and to other mods such as TDD,... The only, really difficult mod to 'modernize' is BGT, which is almost entirely done with AT_EXIT
BTW, the GUI also needs a little change to be compatible with all OSs, but that's not difficult.

I will use the ADD_SPELL function when I can implement it but it will be later as this release of Region of Terror will be the first one in almost 4 years so let us embrace the fixes that will be included in that for now. I will also hold off on this until we have a better idea of how other spell adding mods are going to work together in removing overwriting or duped spells. That is in the future and already in the works.

PS: are you interested in my new code for level 50 rules for RoT (as written in the topic, you don't need to check if it's already installed (the two REQUIRE_PREDICATE can be removed), as it always checks if tables already have 50 levels)?

I have already adjusted the code for RoT to follow what I did with TDD for consistency. If we change it later that's fine, but I am rolling the next version out very soon so I don't envision a bunch of redundant fixes being added to the list nor do I foresee massive time consuming entries at this point. The main point in each of these updates is to fix the most obvious bugs as that is a step forward. Doing too much at once is going to be problematic especially when I am trying to update five hefty mods now.

Edited by Hoppy, 25 January 2011 - 08:44 AM.

- King Diamond