Photo

If a new mod was to come out, what type would you prefer it to be?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: If a new mod was to come out, what type would you prefer it to be? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

If a new mod was to come out, what type would you prefer it to be?

1. NPC mod (romance) (14 votes [14.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

2. NPC nod (friendship/nonromance) (7 votes [7.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.45%

3. Extension to existing NPC (friendship) (14 votes [14.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

4. Extension to existing NPC (romance) (9 votes [9.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.57%

5. Quest mod (36 votes [38.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.30%

6. Gameplay tweak mod (5 votes [5.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.32%

7. Kit mod (2 votes [2.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

8. Item mod (4 votes [4.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

9. Spell mod (3 votes [3.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Just curious. For whatever reason, I tend to prefer working on NPCs, but I thought it'd be interesting to see what other people would like in terms of future mods. :)

You can select multiple types if you'd like.

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

I know that players are spoiled for choice with mod NPC romances, but I'm greedy. I want more. Maybe it's because tastes are indeed diverse.

That said, quest mods are always welcome, especially when the BioWare crew has commentary during the quests. At this point, a person can complete BG2 on autopilot, but new quest mods spice things up.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

I kinda agree with B, but I didn't vote cause I would have had to pick every cheesed one of those... of course I most prefer a quest mod that's actually a BGII's TC of something that's has never been done before, that's Classic Adventures, Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II & Baldur's Gate: Shadow Hand TC... no doubt because I liked the original BGT too, and thus the BGT-WeiDU & BWP/BWS. And I have now gotten myself involved with those now...

Edit: followed up and voted these three: Quest, Kit & Gameplay Tweaks

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 January 2011 - 10:16 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Adia

Adia
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

I always love anything that spices the game up - so quest mods; additional friendship/banter or new NPCs are my favourites. I'm still wanting more romance options for evil female PCs too :D

Edited by Adia, 21 January 2011 - 01:10 AM.

#5 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

As Adia I like things that spice up BG.

To me quest mods are what I enjoy most. And I do like all regarding more banters.

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

Heh, as I expected, quests are the most wanted so far! I've got a bunch of things to finish up for the moment, but hey, after that I know just the thing to get working on :D

#7 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

(shameless plug warning)

Maybe I should repackage the whole of the BTL quest to a Quest mod. Its rather extensive after all.

7 Part Quest from chapter 2 to chapter 6, with random encounters, and objective-specific fights :) plus intrigue and clue-finding.

Edited by Zyraen, 21 January 2011 - 02:11 AM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#8 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:47 AM

(shameless plug warning)

Maybe I should repackage the whole of the BTL quest to a Quest mod. Its rather extensive after all.

7 Part Quest from chapter 2 to chapter 6, with random encounters, and objective-specific fights :) plus intrigue and clue-finding.

BTL quest? But please do ;)

Cheers

#9 Izzy

Izzy
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

It's hard to chose, I like all the ideas but my first choice would be new quests, then I think new npc's, then maybe new/more talks for existing npc's.

Ooo, squirells, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!

#10 Civian

Civian
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

Something that has a great story behind it - NPC/Romance/Mega awesome quest Mod =D Now I'm just having my cake and eating it too heh
[Sign here please]

The tragedy of life is not in the fact of death, but what dies inside of us while we live - Norman M. Cousins

Live with confidence and joy. There is so much beauty and wonder in this world. Seek it.

Posted Image

#11 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

I voted for quest mods and extension to exsisting NPCs (friendship). It saddens me that we can't have deeper relationships with all the characters you travel with. These people spill blood for you. You'd expect to have some sort of relationship with them. And quest mods, obviously, give the game a new kick. The larger, the better :)

#12 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

NPC romance to spice the boring thing-bashing up. One that suits a CN->CE char, but isn't a crazy killer herself.
I wish Kaelyn the Dove (NWN2 MotB) was a romance option, what a shame :(

Quest mod, for obvious reasons.

Retired from modding.

#13 fearless

fearless
  • 79 posts

Donator

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

I voted for Quest type mod, but I think its important to have a good balance of all categories. Its exciting to see new areas/maps for new quests as long as they are fleshed out with interesting NPCs that have intelligent and logical dialogue (appropriate for the quest/situation) and perhaps new items that are associated with the quest. Although the items don't necessarily have to be magical weapons/scrolls/potions/inventory items, perhaps something unique, bizarre or fun - stuff that we haven't seen before.

fearless

CM690 II Case, Corsair HX1000 PSU, Asus Maximus V Gene, Intel i5-3750K @ 4.2Ghz, Corsair 8GB DDR3, Asus DirectCU GTX-670, Samsung 256GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD x2

https://github.com/mrfearless

#14 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:05 AM

I think what's really needed (as I wrote in this topic) is a big quest pack for ToB, which is very IWD-like and has far too few side-quests. I've seen something interesting (such as Wheels of Profecy or ToB revisited), but still I think that any quest mod for that part would be really welcome

Edited by Turambar, 22 January 2011 - 02:06 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#15 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

I had to vote for Quests (NPCs were a close second).

I like the option of playing new content while being able to enjoy total freedom in my party selection.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#16 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

Quests. Its what I prefer to play and mod/create. Since I know the in game NPCs so well, I generally click through their dialogs quickly.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#17 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:55 AM

A new settlement with surrounding areas (Trademeet-like) ridden with quests - and I mean bugfree quests, for Bhaal's sake! :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#18 Civian

Civian
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

I think what's really needed (as I wrote in this topic) is a big quest pack for ToB, which is very IWD-like and has far too few side-quests. I've seen something interesting (such as Wheels of Profecy or ToB revisited), but still I think that any quest mod for that part would be really welcome

I'm with you on this one - I always felt like ToB left alot to the imagination - "go here, kill Yaga-Shura, ok he's dead, now kill Abazigal, ok he's toast, now kill Sendai, uh lady why won't you die, ah ok now you're dead" etc etc. I think there is too much "go here, kill that".

There are some mini quests in ToB, but maybe something that takes the PC outside of real time (since they're so pressed for it) would be interesting.
[Sign here please]

The tragedy of life is not in the fact of death, but what dies inside of us while we live - Norman M. Cousins

Live with confidence and joy. There is so much beauty and wonder in this world. Seek it.

Posted Image

#19 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

I'm a sucker for romances BIG TIME. I should have chosen Quests, too, but overall I LOVE the LOVE! Besides, the mod romances usually have a quest or two, anyway. I also voted for extensions to existing NPC romances. I like all the romances I've played - some more than others, of course, but for me, the more dialog and love the better.

Friendships are also nice, but over that I again love the love, baby! :)

More romances, please, more more more!

Oh, and yes, more for evil pc's, please!

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#20 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Quests are good, but new quests are harder to accept, especially if they have new items - game balance is too precious. So I voted for existing NPC friendships - if Jaheira, Anomen, Sarevok and Valygar had more to say, that'd be great.