WSpatck

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -pacek-

-pacek-

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Regarding this component(obviously), I was under the impression that the 1/2 attack increases at 7th and 13th level are warrior class bonuses ONLY, and that what is really missing for other classes is the extra 1/2 attack given simply for having 2 pips in proficiency. Its just that the WSPATCK file takes care of both cases. To clarify, a Swashbuckler with 2 points in longSword should receive an extra 1/2 attack(but doesn't in Vanilla) REGARDLESS of level while using a longsword, with no bonus at 7th or 13th. Those are warrior class traits that just happen to be controlled by this SPATCK file? Sorry if that sounds confusing!

#2 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:10 AM

From the thread just above:

And tested.

- Fighters/Paladins/Rangers get +1/2 attack per round at 7 and 13 (multi/biclass characters only get this bonus if one of their parts is a F/P/R and it is of the correct level).
- Everybody gets +1/2 ApR if they're specialized, and an extra +1 if True Grandmastery is installed.
- Stacks correctly with Improved Haste, Belm-like weapons, ranged weapons, or Whirlwind Attack (provided that you install ToBEx, which this subcomponent won't install without).

The only problem is that F/P/R now receive the level-based bonus to ApR even in weapons they have no proficiency in (whereas in BG2 fighters require at least a single * to get the level-based bonus). Also, I made a couple of assumptions regarding the status of some files when installing the mod - if the assumptions don't hold, you'll receive a visible failure (so that you can report the failure to me and I'll fix the problem).

Awesome, yes? :)