Photo

Ghostdog's PS:T UI working with WINE on linux

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Leopard Blanc

Leopard Blanc
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

I've made a quick search and i didn't find this issue adressed, so here it goes.

While trying to install Planescape Torment + all cool mods (i never played it, was about time), everything worked painlessly except the Ghostdog's PS:T UI ™ mod. The windows exe crashes weirdly and while I used all the latest packages and had WeInstall in my path, i couldn't do it by hand. The Problem actually lies in the name itself because there's a quote sign (') that actually has a meaning in a linux command line.

So here's the solution :

First, make sure you've installed the WeiDU-Linux package and got it working. (we'll need WeInstall), and, of course, you should have installed the widescreen mod too...

• download the latest version of the mod
  • extract it in your torment folder which on my computer is located there: "/mnt/raid/wine/planescapetorment/drive_c/torment" (i've read that it's better to install Planescape Torment there instead of in Program Files)
  • rename the folder "GhostDog's-PST-UI" to "ghostdog"
  • in the ghostdog/thp/ folder edit all .tph files where you'll replace every instance of "GhostDog's-PST-UI" with "ghostdog"
    OR
    open a terminal, cd to your torrent folder and issue this simple line :
    find ghostdog -name '*.tph' -exec sed -i -e "s/GhostDog's-PST-UI/ghostdog/g" {} \;
    which does the same, only slightly faster...
  • rename the file Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.tp2 to ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2
  • rename the file ghostdog/GhostDog's-PST-UI-README.txt to ghostdog/ghostdog-README.txt
  • once again replace every occurence of "GhostDog's-PST-UI" with "ghostdog" in the file ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2
    OR
    assuming you're in your torment folder
    sed -i -e "s/GhostDog's-PST-UI/ghostdog/g" ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2
  • Finally we can install by issuing the command :
    WeInstall ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2
  • Answer the questions and you should have this great mod working.

I hope someone finds that useful (as i'd have). It might be possible/interesting to post the "linux version" of this mod somewhere on the Spellhold Studios. Let me know...

Leo

PS: oh, and since i'm new here, i'd like to thank Ghostdog and all the modders for their beautiful work, thanks guys !

#2 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:51 AM

Oh yeah, I think the issue with the " ' " in wine was mentioned somewhere before (it may depend on the wine version IIRC) but it's good to have this mini-guide here for people to easily find it. Thanks !

Edited by ghostdog, 08 February 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#3 wingnux

wingnux
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Installed GOG version and can't get this to work:

wingnux@wingnux-desktop:~/jogos/torment$ WeInstall ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2
WeiDU --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogf.tlk --log setup-ghostdog/ghostdog.debug ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2 setup-ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2 ghostdog/ghostdog/ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2 ghostdog/ghostdog/setup-ghostdog/ghostdog.tp2
[WeiDU] WeiDU version 22900
WARNING: unable to open log file [setup-ghostdog/ghostdog.debug]: Sys_error("setup-ghostdog/ghostdog.debug: No such file or directory")
ERROR: Unable to find CHITIN.KEY in:
../..
../../..
../../../..
/BGII - SoA

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find CHITIN.KEY: run me in an Infinity Engine game directory")

I've double checked it and CHITIN.KEY is on my cwd. Also tested with WeiDU 2.31 and it still doesnt work.

Any help?

[SOLVED]
It was a matter of case sensitive files and running a "tolower" on both Planescape install dir and ghostdog dir solved the problem =)

Edited by wingnux, 11 December 2012 - 05:44 AM.