Photo

Quests Questions and Problems (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

Now that i'm going to Suldanessellar. I thought that i should mention some things.

Note! I have version 1.12a and the newest is 1.13. I don't know are there problems corrected.

I have question about Nemg Horse Ranch (AR3597). Why can't i open "invisible" container "logs" (x 2125 y 790). It has Hammer of Lokin.

There is problem in "Assasination Attempt II" quest. It never start and this leads that "Death And Taxes" quest never start.

These "hidden class" quests are class related so CHARNAME is fighter so no quests? I don't know?

I did have problem in "Civil Disobediance" i had to set CBPARTYESCAPEDUNDERDARK to 1. Then the quest started and went ok.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Now that i'm going to Suldanessellar. I thought that i should mention some things.

Note! I have version 1.12a and the newest is 1.13. I don't know are there problems corrected.

I have question about Nemg Horse Ranch (AR3597). Why can't i open "invisible" container "logs" (x 2125 y 790). It has Hammer of Lokin.

There is problem in "Assasination Attempt II" quest. It never start and this leads that "Death And Taxes" quest never start.

These "hidden class" quests are class related so CHARNAME is fighter so no quests? I don't know?

I did have problem in "Civil Disobediance" i had to set CBPARTYESCAPEDUNDERDARK to 1. Then the quest started and went ok.

Can you be more specific? Like where it is not starting for you? I can't remember how that one is supposed to start because I am thinking of the first assassination.

Yes the only class quest for fighter is Barbarian Kit. This will not change. Some of the other party members can get class quests but once you do one class quest, that is it. This will not change either.

i'll check it out

I might know what's going on, then again, I might not. :huh:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Can you be more specific? Like where it is not starting for you? I can't remember how that one is supposed to start because I am thinking of the first assassination.

Yes the only class quest for fighter is Barbarian Kit. This will not change. Some of the other party members can get class quests but once you do one class quest, that is it. This will not change either.

i'll check it out

I might know what's going on, then again, I might not. :huh:

About the class quest i was just asking about them nothing more. I wasn't asking any changes in them.

I don't know aything about Assassination Attempt II other it's on the quest list. I should protect someone from being assassinated. I haven't encountered anything like this.

Assassination Attempt I was at Snowflake Mountains.

#4 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

I did have some problems with Picking the Marks quest.

I did find the Suspension Hourglass too early at Chapter 2 in Harper's HQ (AR0309). Then i didn't find Harper's Harp Harper's HQ at Chapter 6.

At Graveyard i didn't find find the 4th item Masterwork Greatsword at crypt (AR0807). Kiara Mod has overwritten the area script.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

I did find the Suspension Hourglass too early at Chapter 2 in Harper's HQ (AR0309). Then i didn't find Harper's Harp Harper's HQ at Chapter 6.

At Graveyard i didn't find find the 4th item Masterwork Greatsword at crypt (AR0807). Kiara Mod has overwritten the area script.

That's because the script for the area is f***ed up meaning the area has a wrong script assigned from another mod. You should get an axe from TDD so check out the area in NI and observe the area script. I can't remember which mod switched the script but check it out in NI first and then do your changelogs and such.

I will know for sure when I get your save game or the SOS one in the order will do too.

Edited by Hoppy, 04 February 2011 - 02:36 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

That's because the script for the area is f***ed up meaning the area has a wrong script assigned from another mod. You should get an axe from TDD so check out the area in NI and observe the area script. I can't remember which mod switched the script but check it out in NI first and then do your changelogs and such.

I will know for sure when I get your save game or the SOS one in the order will do too.

Sorry but i can't do the change-log because i did the stupid cleanup-bat after the install back in May last year. Never do that mistake again.

About the item i did get Guktok's Chopper (ZZN6GC) at Harper HQ.

About the Graveyard Crypt (AR0807) if i look with NI the BCS only thing it has is related to Kiara NPC. Also the items from Exnem Vault are owewritten.

Update: Oh save file i posted one in Prelate Wessalen topic.

Edited by micbaldur, 04 February 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

Nevermind, it's an old CtB error in the code from KD. The wrong script is getting written to make sure it has a script. Fixed locally and will update the downloads soon.

- King Diamond

#8 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

Nevermind, it's an old CtB error in the code from KD. The wrong script is getting written to make sure it has a script. Fixed locally and will update the downloads soon.

Main thing is that it's fixed. Good catch by you. :coolthumb:

Only problems remains that Kiara NPC mod overwrites AR0807 .ARE and/or .BCS. Me thinks but i could be wrong. But that not CtB mod fault.

Unfortunately nodody maintain's Kiara NPC mod these days.

#9 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

Main thing is that it's fixed. Good catch by you. :coolthumb:

Only problems remains that Kiara NPC mod overwrites AR0807 .ARE and/or .BCS. Me thinks but i could be wrong. But that not CtB mod fault.

Unfortunately nodody maintain's Kiara NPC mod these days.

For that you could find the CtB contents in CtB\scripts\ctb and copy the info from the BAFs to the BCS that Kiara writes over. That's the only way to hotfix that for a mod that doesn't get updated or wait for BWP to ad a fix. Or you can use the backup BCS (if there is one), put it in override and name it XX0807 or whatever. Open NI and the XX script and the AR0807 script and copy paste the contents to get all your scripts that you need. Compile and save = super duper compatibility fixer. :lol:

- King Diamond

#10 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

For that you could find the CtB contents in CtB\scripts\ctb and copy the info from the BAFs to the BCS that Kiara writes over. That's the only way to hotfix that for a mod that doesn't get updated or wait for BWP to ad a fix. Or you can use the backup BCS (if there is one), put it in override and name it XX0807 or whatever. Open NI and the XX script and the AR0807 script and copy paste the contents to get all your scripts that you need. Compile and save = super duper compatibility fixer. :lol:

Ok i'll do that for my next install for this it's already too late i'm nearly finished the SoA. Only Suldanessellar and Hell remains.

Oh. :o the TDD main quest after hell remains. So next i probably going to bother the maintainer of TDD. :D

Thank you very much. :cheers:

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

You're welcome and you shouldn't have any real problems with the TDD ending now that the correct spawns happen and the CtD is gone. You wouldn't have problems with the AR0805 as that had it's script assigned and the CtB globals were for AR0309 so they didn't fire correctly or not at all. :)

- King Diamond

#12 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

Sorry to bother now that the other issue is solved.

This Assassination Attempt II.

I don't know anything about Assassination Attempt II other it's on the quest list. I should protect someone from being assassinated. I haven't encountered anything like this. Sorry no more info. :unsure:

Then the Death or Taxes quest should start after that quest.

Only info i have is from quest list and it's not walkthrough.

Assassination Attempt I was at Snowflake Mountains.