Question and Problems (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

Now that i have finished Shadows Over Soubar. I have some questions and problems.

At Guard Barracks in Prison Level 2 (AR4287) is container (x 450 y 1000). It has (n) Sword of Chaos. If i take Sword of Chaos (SW2H05) i cannot remove it from inventory.

Also i cannot enter to Prison Level 2 (AR4287) from Prison (AR4288) even though Soubar Major says that CHARNAME can go to Lyrar's Hold through the Caves. I can get there through Caves from Lyrar's Hold.

Charlotte didn't regain her Ranger status. If i understand correctly after i solve the Poison River, cross the river Chionthar and Spy in Soubar it should increase CharlotteRegainsRangerhood global. Spy quest didn't increase global.
I think so don't know for sure.

I noticed that Selence has BG1 weapon profiencies not BG2.

Final question. Now that i'm Mayor of Soubar what do get out it. Other than fancy title. Money power or what. :devil: He He. :D

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

Now that i have finished Shadows Over Soubar. I have some questions and problems.

At Guard Barracks in Prison Level 2 (AR4287) is container (x 450 y 1000). It has (n) Sword of Chaos. If i take Sword of Chaos (SW2H05) i cannot remove it from inventory.

Also i cannot enter to Prison Level 2 (AR4287) from Prison (AR4288) even though Soubar Major says that CHARNAME can go to Lyrar's Hold through the Caves. I can get there through Caves from Lyrar's Hold.

Charlotte didn't regain her Ranger status. If i understand correctly after i solve the Poison River, cross the river Chionthar and Spy in Soubar it should increase CharlotteRegainsRangerhood global. Spy quest didn't increase global.

Final question. Now that i'm Mayor of Soubar what do get out it. Other than fancy title. Money power or what. :devil: He He. :D

You forgot something either with the ranger in the inn or the actual crossing the River Chionthar. The quest works fine, you just missed something.

The title

I think it is related to the kit but I'll check

I have a fix I think. Just look at the BCS and set some globals and the entrance is disabled by a global I know that.

Edited by Hoppy, 04 February 2011 - 01:59 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

You forgot something either with the ranger in the inn or the actual crossing the River Chionthar. The quest works fine, you just missed something.

The title

I think it is related to the kit but I'll check

I have a fix I think. Just look at the BCS and set some globals and the entrance is disabled by a global I know that.

I don't bother yourself about Prison Level 2 for my sake only. If you have fixed it it good know in don't troouble at future installs. I've played that quest already and i prefer the direct assault anyway. There was some nice items that i wanted earlier but did get later through Caves.

What's this about Ranger. I talked with him about missing Golden Lion or some other animal. He points you to somewhere. But i never found anything. So no animal for Charlotte.

Edited by micbaldur, 04 February 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

OK so you did the ranger thing. Did Charlotte interject about cleaning the river and after you crossed it? The crossing the river interjection is integral. Don't know about the Andy Peartree reference though.

Well you missed something anyway as I have solved it legitimately almost every time I played SOS. I have missed something before so it isn't a bug, you just don't get her Ranger status, which is cool in a way to have a fallen ranger companion once in a while. :)
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

OK so you did the ranger thing. Did Charlotte interject about cleaning the river and after you crossed it? The crossing the river interjection is integral. Don't know about the Andy Peartree reference though.

Well you missed something anyway as I have solved it legitimately almost every time I played SOS. I have missed something before so it isn't a bug, you just don't get her Ranger status, which is cool in a way to have a fallen ranger companion once in a while. :)

I checked the global before resolving the spy quest with Soubar Major and it's was 2. Charlotte did speak right after the Soubar Major finished. But she didn't regain the status. I did it manually by setting the global 3.

Well it isn't a big thing. I already boot her out of party. Main thing it's not bug it's some local install hick-up.

So no animal for Charlotte or is this the MTS Crappack Fix?