Very Odd Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

Apologies if this has come up before, but I couldn't find this problem anywhere on the net. Basically, whenever anyone in the party is hit by something, either by a physical attack or a spell, I get the "Char was immune to my damage" message from the creature that attacked. It is possible to die, however, as I sent a Level 6 Minsc up to the "Little a Sister" encounter in the Jovial Juggler Inn in Beregost (part of the NT/DSotSC mod) and he was killed by a Death Spell. I have no idea what could have caused this, and I get the feeling that this is a freak occurrence because of my install. I used the BWS beta so I could customise things a bit, and I've attached the WeiDU log if that helps.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much as it just saves me from reloading a lot Posted Image

I'm not really expecting a fix for it, this is just letting you guys know that this can actually happen. Think of it as a curiosity or something.

Attached Files

#2 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:51 AM

Apologies if this has come up before, but I couldn't find this problem anywhere on the net. Basically, whenever anyone in the party is hit by something, either by a physical attack or a spell, I get the "Char was immune to my damage" message from the creature that attacked. It is possible to die, however, as I sent a Level 6 Minsc up to the "Little a Sister" encounter in the Jovial Juggler Inn in Beregost (part of the NT/DSotSC mod) and he was killed by a Death Spell. I have no idea what could have caused this, and I get the feeling that this is a freak occurrence because of my install. I used the BWS beta so I could customise things a bit, and I've attached the WeiDU log if that helps.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much as it just saves me from reloading a lot Posted Image

I'm not really expecting a fix for it, this is just letting you guys know that this can actually happen. Think of it as a curiosity or something.

Does that also happen if you launch the game through bgmain.exe instead of tobexloader?

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#3 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Well whaddya know, it's only when launched via TOBExLoader. I assume this has something to do with my enabling of the damage fix? I had to do so, otherwise it would CTD the instant I hit the first "assassin" in Candlekeep.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

Can you do 5 things for me:
-Attach your TobEx.ini file?
-Zip up your saved game and attach it here?
-Attach your TobEx.log file?
-Attach your WeiDU.log file?
-Tell me if your character is a maximum of 1 hit point?

Edited by Ascension64, 10 February 2011 - 02:12 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

I did a bit of testing, but the results are consistent: Using BGMain there are no problems, using TOBExLoader with the damage fix results in the player's party being immune to all damage save instant death effects (such as a death spell), and using TOBExLoader without the damage fix enabled results in a CTD. I don't know if this is useful, but this is the error report Windows spits out:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: BGMain.exe

Application Version: 2.5.0.2

Application Timestamp: 3b71b6f4

Fault Module Name: TobEx.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d466008

Exception Code: c00000fd

Exception Offset: 000020f1

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 3e71

Additional Information 2: 3e715d4a42e893e63e71ed0424927801

Additional Information 3: b130

Additional Information 4: b130aaf35620132500b9a126147368b2

Also, all characters I tested with had more than 1HP. Here are the files. The only thing I've changed from when I'm normally playing is enabling all the logging functions. Hope this helps.

Attached Files

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

I think I found the problem.
What difficulty setting are you using? Can you try changing that and seeing if it solves the problem?

I have managed to typo the difficulty multipliers so that - becomes + and vice versa, so that the following happens...

novice: add 50% damage (instead of 0.5x damage)
normal: add 25% damage (instead of 0.75x damage)
core: normal damage
hard: subtract 50% damage (instead of 1.5x damage)
insane: subtract 100% damage (instead of double damage)

Will fix, thanks.

Edited by Ascension64, 11 February 2011 - 03:39 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:18 AM

I think I found the problem.
What difficulty setting are you using? Can you try changing that and seeing if it solves the problem?

I have managed to typo the difficulty multipliers so that - becomes + and vice versa, so that the following happens...

novice: add 50% damage (instead of 0.5x damage)
normal: add 25% damage (instead of 0.75x damage)
core: normal damage
hard: subtract 50% damage (instead of 1.5x damage)
insane: subtract 100% damage (instead of double damage)

Will fix, thanks.

Yep, that fixed it, lol. I was on insane, dropping down a notch fixed it.

Is there any way for me to fix that locally? Or should I wait until the next release and upgrade then? Can I even do that with the number of mods I've installed? In any case, thanks for clearing that up.

I wonder how many first-time players got suckered with that...Posted Image

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Ah, well. You can't fix it locally unfortunately. The next version of TobEx is due out very soon, but upgrading for BWP users means a re-install, so I don't recommend it.

It might be better to play at core rules, since hard will still give you only 50% of damage.

Edited by Ascension64, 11 February 2011 - 02:26 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder