Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#341 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

I'll overhaul North Forest this weekend 8)

Great thanks again. :coolthumb:

The BG1NPCSoA thing seems fixed already - probably in a version update :P

Well. i probably have previous version then. :doh: It has always been difficult to keep track what version of BG1NPCSoA i have. Smiling Imps minor updates are missing version info.

Thanks for checking it, main thing is that problems has been solved. :lol:

Sad that Smiling has probably retired from modding. Thanks Smiling Imp for making this great mod. :cheers:

Edited by micbaldur, 03 May 2014 - 04:08 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#342 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

Encountered same 3 cutscene problems as in NEJ v6.8 previously and also new hanging cutscene.

NEJ: Hanging cutscenes at Halruaa (VPCUTT31.BCS) after finishing Malvolio's Transmuter Test, (VPCUTT11.BCS) after Xan's Enchantment Test, (VPCUTT20.BCS) after Phineas' Abjuration Test and RayVon and Ayana cutscene (VPCUTT23.BCS). Fixed locally.

Hopely these won't be problem after Vlad updates NEJ (adds part 3) sometime in near future (i hope).

#343 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Little scheduled break on BWP is over.

Dumped XP yesterday and reinstalled everything (except BWP).

After consulting world leading windows experts and after long hard decision making (actually second or 2 :P ) i decided not to "touch" Win 8.1 and installed Win 7.

Slow and steady gring to Throne of Bhaal continues today. :devil:

#344 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Slow and steady gring to Throne of Bhaal continues today. :devil:
From a copy paste install .. ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#345 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

Well not exactly copy/paste install but same BWP install.

#346 phillon

phillon
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

Good choice on skipping Win 8 for Win 7 btw.

May I ask you something though micbaldur? I am going to start a BWP/BWS playthrough soon and am a bit torn: on the one hand I want to play an 'enhanced vanilla BGT' experience and skip the big mods, but on the other hand...it feels like I will be missing out on so much content. So basically you could say I am torn between the "recommended" BWP preset and the "standard". From your experiences are the big mods worth it? I have never played any of the big mods. How buggy are they? Minor bugs (fixable with some editing/console) or major game breaking ones? Is the writing really that bad (as some make it out to be)? The items really that imbalanced (this isn't such a major thing for me though, I'll just not use the items if they are obviously ridiculous)? I have finished the BG saga about 4 times, so I am no novice, but just don't want to actually commit to doing a BGT playthrough with big mods to be disappointed with shitty content and/or massive bugs. So what say you sir? How has your experience of the big mods been? Or anyone else that can give me some feedback?

Thanks in advance.

#347 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

Good choice on skipping Win 8 for Win 7 btw.

May I ask you something though micbaldur? I am going to start a BWP/BWS playthrough soon and am a bit torn: on the one hand I want to play an 'enhanced vanilla BGT' experience and skip the big mods, but on the other hand...it feels like I will be missing out on so much content. So basically you could say I am torn between the "recommended" BWP preset and the "standard". From your experiences are the big mods worth it? I have never played any of the big mods. How buggy are they? Minor bugs (fixable with some editing/console) or major game breaking ones? Is the writing really that bad (as some make it out to be)? The items really that imbalanced (this isn't such a major thing for me though, I'll just not use the items if they are obviously ridiculous)? I have finished the BG saga about 4 times, so I am no novice, but just don't want to actually commit to doing a BGT playthrough with big mods to be disappointed with shitty content and/or massive bugs. So what say you sir? How has your experience of the big mods been? Or anyone else that can give me some feedback?

Thanks in advance.

About that Win choice you are right. :lol:

Well my opinion is that only BG game worth playing is BWP expert install with almost ALL mods small and big.

"Recommended" and "standard" BWP are for losers. :P  But seriously talking everybody has there own taste so they are ok for them but not for me. By the way really looking forward when Fields of Dead (in beta testing) and part 3 of NEJ (when Vlad finishes it) gets added to BWP by Leonardo. :woot:

Also BWP is reason that i'm not interested in BG:EE or BG:EE2 aka EvilEngine (trademark by Imp) games. :P

Mods that i don't use:

Spoiler

I also use some mods that aren't in BWP:

Spoiler

My experience is that BIG mods aren't more buggy that small mods and they are totally playable without major problems. As for the overpowered items, smaller mods has those too. I like items so for me overpowered items aren't problem, like you said nobody forces you to use them.

About writing in big mods, are they bad or better than smaller mods, i can't say anything because I CAN'T write anything so it's not for me to criticize others. But my "opinion" is that they are ok. Don't shoot me if you don't agree with me. :P

My post regarding my current BWP install starts here. From that post onwards i have reported "bugs" and other odd things i have encountered. Some of those has been fixed by Lollorian in his BWP fixpack.

So far i haven't encountered any game breaking bugs only problems that can be fixed with NI.

But unfortunately i can't say are you going to be disappointed about those big mods but my opinion is that NO and i'm NEVER going to play BG game without those. :D

I finished Halruaa and NEJ little while ago and doing Hall of Knowledge from TDD now. When you disrupted my game session so back to game now.

Edited by micbaldur, 09 May 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#348 phillon

phillon
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback micbaldur, much appreciated. I am convinced to go with teh big mods then. It will always bother me looking at the juicy big BGT map with all those new locations and not being able to go there (since many of the mods take you to new places). Man...what an amazing community of modders we have hey? So awesome that they enhance this masterpiece even further. I actually bought the "enhanced editions" and was disappointed. I especially loathe the new UI's...that spell and scroll UI...my god. You know what they say: if it ain't broke....

It is truly amazing though...to sometimes just stand back and realize the incredible achievement of the community and of the people involved in BWS and BWP. It really is humbling. So yeah, thanks again for the feedback. I will probably soon start with my playthrough and perhaps also create a feedback thread in here, both to find help if something goes wrong and to serve as a mini bug reporter. Peeps like The Imp and Lollorian are really awesome for after all this time still helping people on here and actually still doing some fixes in their spare time. You guys rock!

#349 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback micbaldur, much appreciated. I am convinced to go with teh big mods then. It will always bother me looking at the juicy big BGT map with all those new locations and not being able to go there (since many of the mods take you to new places). Man...what an amazing community of modders we have hey? So awesome that they enhance this masterpiece even further. I actually bought the "enhanced editions" and was disappointed. I especially loathe the new UI's...that spell and scroll UI...my god. You know what they say: if it ain't broke....

You are welcome. Others might disagree with me though. :P

Yes, there many new locations like Beregost x 2 and so on but it doesn't bother me. More quests and more items the better game gets.

Well i don't know anything about E(vil)E(ngine) but you are right about broke/fix thing though. :lol:

It is truly amazing though...to sometimes just stand back and realize the incredible achievement of the community and of the people involved in BWS and BWP. It really is humbling. So yeah, thanks again for the feedback. I will probably soon start with my playthrough and perhaps also create a feedback thread in here, both to find help if something goes wrong and to serve as a mini bug reporter. Peeps like The Imp and Lollorian are really awesome for after all this time still helping people on here and actually still doing some fixes in their spare time. You guys rock!

Yes :Bow: Lollorian :Bow:  is doing great job at maintaing BWP fixpack.

Also Imp is great, he talks/helps a lot :D but is kind of lazy :P when it comes to modding. Still patiently waiting this here, luckily it's long wait for my next BWP install.

Good luck with your BWP game. :cheers:

#350 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

I'll post in this thread strange things I notice too, from time to time.

JA#MERC3.DLG gives +1 reputation for trying to rob the merchant

#351 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

I'll post in this thread strange things I notice too, from time to time.

JA#MERC3.DLG gives +1 reputation for trying to rob the merchant

No offense or anything like that  :blink: but your game has nothing do with my game.

So it would be best if you make your own topic with weidu.log and other info of your game and post there of your bugs and other oddities then Lollorian, Imp and others help you fixing "things" there.

Good luck with your game. :cheers:

#352 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

One translation problem found.

Vanim NPC: There are 2 german lines that aren't translated in english at M#GONLA.TRA.

@37 = ~Ich wollte mich nach dem Stand Eurer Untersuchung in bezug auf den Mord an Timalia erkundigen.~
@38 = ~Ich habe bisher leider noch keine Beweise für die Schuld des Fürsten finden können.~

#353 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Little inconvenience with Hanna and Edwin.

Hanna NPC: When i kick her out of party she goes to Copper Coronet. But problem is that she goes to almost same spot as Edwin. Because Edwin is vanilla NPC it's Hanna who has to move. Fixed locally and moved her little.

Changed at HANNA.D line 143 from:

!AreaCheck("AR2906")~ THEN REPLY @32 /* ~Espéranos en la corona de cobre, nos veremos allí.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1) EscapeAreaMove("AR0406",685,1123,10~ EXIT

to:

!AreaCheck("AR2906")~ THEN REPLY @32 /* ~Espéranos en la corona de cobre, nos veremos allí.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1) EscapeAreaMove("AR0406",655,1103,10)~ EXIT

#354 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Breagar NPC: Cutscene hangs during Breagar axe quest.  At AC2001.ARE when Breagar takes you there Galthur (ACGAL.CRE) is suppose to talk to you but he takes "8 damage" (don't know why) and dies because he has only 1 hitpoint.

Fixed locally by changing "Current HP" from 1 to 9. Don't know why hitpoints can't be full 93 though.

#355 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

RoT: Container problems at Olmar's Castle (RR3407.ARE) during invasion. All containers have lock difficulty 100. Nothing major stuff in them though but it's matter of principle for me. :P

Fixed locally by changing lock difficulty to 90.

#356 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

TDD: BG2 Tweak Pack component "Sensible Entrance Points" rotates Order of the Radiant Heart (AR0903.ARE). So TDD area Eshpurta Keep (DD0903.ARE) has problems containers and doors are out of place.

I'm little loss how to fix this. :blink: As usual. :P

#357 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

Locked locks and dying folks are fixed :cheers: (although it would be nice to know why he has such low HP :P)

Re: TDD - BG2Tweaks

Solution #1: One of them has to use a custom WED+TIS - I initially thought TDD should use it because it's new content, but changing BG2Tweaks to add the new rotated temple layout (by changing AR0903.ARE to point to a new WED which uses a new TIS) instead of overwriting the existing files would be better in the long run (preserves compatibility for all mods that use AR0903.WED/TIS)

Solution #2: TDD's map objects need to rotate along with the new map layout - but this is (I think) hard work and it's always better to have more layouts in the game yes? :lol:

Should probably report this in their forums and see what they think.

Edited by Lollorian, 08 June 2014 - 03:09 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#358 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

Locked locks and dying folks are fixed :cheers: (although it would be nice to know why he has such low HP :P)

Great thanks again. :cheers:

Don't know he has so low HPs and don't understand why. :ermm:

Re: TDD - BG2Tweaks

Solution #1: One of them has to use a custom WED+TIS - I initially thought TDD should use it because it's new content, but changing BG2Tweaks to add the new rotated temple layout (by changing AR0903.ARE to point to a new WED which uses a new TIS) instead of overwriting the existing files would be better in the long run (preserves compatibility for all mods that use AR0903.WED/TIS)

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: I've been trying to do this. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:  But that FUCKING AR0903.TIS :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: get totally FUCKED up :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: everytime i try renamed it to DD0903.TIS, :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: no matter how i do it (with/without NI). :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: I'm so frustrated  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  i probably give up and ignore this FUCKING bug. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Solution #2: TDD's map objects need to rotate along with the new map layout - but this is (I think) hard work and it's always better to have more layouts in the game yes? :lol:

Should probably report this in their forums and see what they think.

:blink: Oh i see you mean rotate map...  :blink: no rotate objects... :blink: maybe then monitor... :blink: and then add layers...  :blink: oh...  :blink: ah...  :blink: ...  :blink: ...  :blink: 

No wait :woot: better idea i drink lot of beer and get totally drunk, much better idea. :P 

Shit :doh: i can't, have to go to work tomorrow. :crying:

This solution is totally beyond my capabilities and i can't report to G3 because i don't have account there. Sorry. :crying:

#359 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Hey there Lollorian! I have no idea how this Github thing works, but surely do want Radiant Heart in my game to work ok. Any chance you could provide fixed files as an archive to download?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#360 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:13 AM

Hey there Lollorian! I have no idea how this Github thing works, but surely do want Radiant Heart in my game to work ok. Any chance you could provide fixed files as an archive to download?

Order of the Radiant Heart (AR0903.ARE) works ok. Problem is at TDD Eshpurta Keep (DD0903.ARE) which "uses" AR0903.ARE as "refence". Lollorian didn't fix that, well at least not yet. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 08 June 2014 - 04:14 AM.