Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#21 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:31 AM

About that... ummm unsure.gif... dayumm... I'm stupid and I totally forgot laugh.gif (still have your files on me so I'll get cracking as soon as I can tongue.gif)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 06 July 2015 - 09:15 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#22 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

About that... ummm :unsure:... dayumm... I'm stupid and I totally forgot :lol: (still have your files on me so I'll get cracking as soon as I can :P)

No problems. :lol: Thanks for your help. :cheers:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#23 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Oh yeah :P I had a really good look... and the only conclusion I could make is that CtB really needs a better way to upgrade those items :unsure: It checks for EVERY combination of items for ALL the upgrades added by the mod :wacko:

All I can say is continue with your game and drop those items before talking to Cromwell until someone decides to overhaul this code :D Sorry for not being of much help here... :crying:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#24 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

Oh yeah :P I had a really good look... and the only conclusion I could make is that CtB really needs a better way to upgrade those items :unsure: It checks for EVERY combination of items for ALL the upgrades added by the mod :wacko:

All I can say is continue with your game and drop those items before talking to Cromwell until someone decides to overhaul this code :D Sorry for not being of much help here... :crying:

No problems. :lol: Thanks for checking.

Well i can live with this problem not a big deal.

Sadly though that Hoppy is MIA at the moment. So no update for CtB near future.

Waiting for some updates (like Weidu) before making my next BWP.

Playing modded KotOR 1 and 2 at the moment. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 12 November 2011 - 06:49 AM.

#25 -sebi-

-sebi-

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Some problems with compbility of Alternatives and Rogue Rebalancing mods. Gaelan Bayle didn't want talk about Arledrian in "A Missing Fence?" quest. Had to do some Global settings.

can u pls tell me what exactly u did bcause i ´m having the exact same problem and dont know what to do

#26 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Sorry i can't answer right now because i'm not at home (i'm visiting my parents). I don't remember what global you need to change.

I try to check it at end of the week when i'm going back home.

#27 -sebi-

-sebi-

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

thx man ur effort is higly appreciated , i cant wait till you back home ;9

#28 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Sorry for being late but i answer anyway.

Globals "B!ALTERNATIVES" and "B!TOURIST" must be < 7. At least in my previous BWP install. Haven't done this yet at my current BWP.

#29 -sebi-

-sebi-

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

i think i need nearinfinity to do this ..am i right with this ? under which section can i find those globals if i am correct ?

again thank u very much for ur help

#30 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

i think i need nearinfinity to do this ..am i right with this ? under which section can i find those globals if i am correct ?

again thank u very much for ur help

Well, not necessary NI. You can use Shadowkeeper (it's easier to use if you haven't use NI alot).

#31 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Oops i probably have made little "spelling error" in walkthrough. :blush:

I checked Gaelan Bayle dialogue-file and global "B!ALTERNATIVES" probably should be < 5 and global "B!TOURIST" probably < 7. Then Gaelan asks about "Alternative routes" if you then lie about those routes or have accepted those routes he goes hostile.

If global "B!ALTERNATIVES" is < 4 and global "B!TOURIST" is < 3 then Gaelan probably don't say anything about "Alternative routes". So this option is probably better for RR quest.

#32 -sebi-

-sebi-

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

thx again but where can i find those globals ?

#33 -sebi-

-sebi-

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

holy guacamoly it worked !!!

this is what i did :

i wrote this in the ingame console

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",2)

and

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",3)

thank u so much micbaldur i couldnt do this without ur help thx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

Well that works too. :lol:

With Shadowkeeper (much easier than NI) is easy to edit, add and remove globals from save games. You can get it here if you don't have it.

But main thing is that you can continue with that quest.

#35 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

BWP expert-install #3: Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game.

Note!  This is BWP 11.0 and was made at 7 of March 2012.

These are possible bugs and at least oddities that i have encounter (some minor ones i probably have forgotten to add). Some of these have been probably reported earlier by someone else at somewhere? I cannot say that these are comfirmed bugs because i don't have any knowledge of modding. Some of these are probably random hick-ups in my local install or come from my unusual play style "Super NPC Switching".

Weidu Log:

Spoiler

Note! I use some mods that aren't in BWP. Mostly they are items mods. First is A Hero for All The Wrong Reasons it's Shed's entry to Iron Modder 6. I like the little mod and i had for years in my install. Then there is Moongaze's Crusader Pack Mod, Icendoan's Forum-Only Items mod, Jamella's Diablo 2 Item Store mod, Exnem mod and TDD sin TDD mod.

BG1:

BP Script problem: Tenya (AR7900), Shar-Teel (AR3200) and Shoal (AR9200) stays hostile. They should change neutral. Fixed locally by changing BPWTSIGT.BCS to WTASIGHT.BCS from cre-file. Informed this to Miloch. Probably this is fixed by Miloch and Horred.

DSotSC: Global problems. Fixed by Turambar.

NTotSC: Northern Wood (AR40PB) didn't show at worldmap when Lesser Tanar'ri gives the quest at Solitary Valley. Fixed locally.

-----

BG2: SoA

Imprison spell: If party member gets imprisoned it erases tooltip scroll (no name or hitpoints) have to repair with NI. If CHARNAME is imprisoned then CTD (i have this bug for many years). Thats why i always use Geirthan Plate or some other protection when there's a chance to get imprisoned.

Here's Baldur.err for the crash:

Spoiler

B!Tweaks: Traveler's Stone doesn't work.

The Undying: 3 Ghost doesn't spawn at Graveyard or North Forest at night. Fixed locally.

Graveyard: Crypt (AR0807) Kiara-Zaiya NPC script-file overwrites the previous script-file erasing the items from Exnem Vault and CtB (Picking the Marks quest). Fixed locally. Thanks to Hoppy.

NEJ: Mod locks the door to Vulova Estate at Government with Govan's Key (KEYVULOV.ITM) and only way you get the key is to take the Bodhi offer instead of Gaylen Bayle or choices that Alternatives offers.

NEJ: At Halruaa i did encounter 3 hanging cutscenes.

1) First one is when i talk to Xan (TT0069.ARE) for the reward for completing Xan's Enchantment Test. Fixed locally.

2) Second one is same area (TT0069.ARE). I'm also asking Phineas for reward completing Phineas' Abjuration Test. Fixed locally.

3) Third one is when i enter area (TT0068) RayVon & Ayana cutscene starts. Fixed locally.

NEJ: CTD after leaving Halruaa. AR9799.ARE missing exit0070. Fixed locally.

NEJ: End of Part 2 i did't get back to SoA part of the worldmap from Ulcaster (AR9799), every SoA areas are "Destination Unreachable". I can only go BG1 areas. Fixed locally.

BP: I can't open the container at Horred's Lair Barrel 2 (AR8050, x 1900 y 755) in City Gates. It contains Wizard's Buckler +2. Fixed locally.

Lol's Rezmod: Mae'Var didn't have Masa +2 as a loot. Fixed locally. Fixed by Lollorian.

Lol's Rezmod: Also Kangaxx didn't have Mune +2 or journal. Fixed locally.

Stuff Of The Magi: Kangaxx didn't have Boots of the Magi. Fixed locally.

TDD: Montaron and Xzar quest is broken.

Hessa NPC: Trade Way Merchant Camp Area (ARSU10) not in Worldmap had to CLUA:Console there.

Rangers and Paladins don't get priest spells (only empty spell slots) level 5 and up. It's just odd nothing more.

Fade NPC: Firgraak's Tooth missing from loot of Firkraag (possible incompability with Revised Battles?). (Had this in my previous installs as well). Going to try to "fix" locally.

Stronghold quests: Last of the Helm's event (you prevent Talos attack against Lathander and then prevent counterattack) Talosians and Mistress Ada are hostile if you go to Temple of Talos after solving the quest. They probably shouldn't i don't know. Fixed locally.

Planar Sphere Mod: After finishing "Finding Stolen Artifact" quest you come to AR0411 Belle talks to you. She says that she going to Map Room. But she never spawns at AR0411. Had to CLUAConsole her. Try to fix? this locally.

Some problems with compbility of Alternatives and Rogue Rebalancing mods. Gaelan Bayle didn't want talk about Arledrian in "A Missing Fence?" quest. Had to do some Global settings.

RoT: Olmar's Castle (RR4303) has wrong WED-file. In vanilla BG2 AR0015 is like in Duchal Palace (where you meet Sarevok and Belt at BG1). But in BGT AR0015 is replaced by Candlekeep. So that area looks like Candlekeep not Duchal Palace like it probably should be. Fixed locally. Fixed by Lollorian.

Sylmar Battlefield: Had some script problem at Sylmar. Topic here.

Wrong textscreens when during TS and RoT quests. It's just odd and don't affect the game any other way.

Alissa (RoT) loses her experience and levels when she rejoins at Spirit Soaring (wrong cre-file). Fixed locally.

Randall (RoT) quest: Marcus didn't spawn at Spellhold had to CLUAConsole him then Randall and Marcus talks shortly and quest is probably over?

D0 Quest Pack: Moneylender quests Moiya's husband Lorick hasn't ever spawn in Spellhold in my installs. I noticed it during Randall quest problem hunt.

TS: Something went wrong with Yoshimo (TS) at Spellhold. Everything seems to ok after first talks with Jon Irenicus at uptairs. Yoshimo says that he's not cursed anymore and Jon indicates that as well. After some more talks party is teleported to Cellar and CHARNAME into glasstube. 4 other party members are at nearby cell. Yoshimo is out of party and in the same room with Jon and CHARNAME. Talks with Jon and Yoshimo indicates that Yoshimo is now traitor and also cursed. After the normal talks party is teleported to Candlekeep Dream except Yoshimo. Later when i after Jon Irenicus battle Yoshimo comes and after short talks attacks. I had to kill him (no Yoshimo's Heart though) and then Kachiko (TS) leaves. This ain't probably a bug it might be some global mix up in MY install or is due to MY playstyle (Yoshimo and Kachiko don't have any lovetalks due to early kick-out).

Fading Promises: Aidan didn't spawn after i did get the Fist of Amaunator. Also i did get 2 Fist of Amaunator. Also global and spawning problems later at Athkatla in chapter 6.

Ninde NPC: Some problems with repeating underdark lovetalk. Had to SetGlobal("LK#NINDELOVETALK_UNDERDARK","GLOBAL",3). This is probably fixed by K'aeloree as she gets ToB content.

Illithid City: Only one Githyanki (out of 4 or 5) did teleport with Simyaz to Arena, later meeting after escape and later to Underdark meeting. Others remain at cell. Fixed locally.

Yvette NPC: I can't level her up to level 32 (also at 36, 40, 44 and 48). She gains profiency point but there aren't any prociency point available. Fixed by Lollorian.

Imoen Romance: Incompability with NEJ. Campfire scene is cut short. Fixed locally.

SoS: NEJ v6.8 overwrites SoS travel triggers (Selence's quest) at Waukeen's Promenade (AR0700.ARE) to Sewers (SoS) (AR4201.ARE). Fixed locally.

RoT: Mysterious Cave (RA4006.ARE) Shadow doesn't give you Shadow's Mark. Fixed locally.

RoT: The Quest for the Eye of a God quest at RA5000 i had to CLUAConsole the Tablets I-IV (they got removed from inventory during the fights). "Fixed" locally.

CtB: Quest "Assasination Attempt II" never start and this leads that quest "Death And Taxes" never start. Probably best it didn't start.

Selence (SoS) has BG1 weapon profiencies not BG2.

Worldmap: Eilistraee's Song's Eilistraee's Clearing (ARES01) and Innershade's Innershade (ARISH1) are at same place. Also Druidic Circle (AR3587) from CtB is "under" Cloakwood Grove (AR8400). Fixed locally. Fixed by Lollorian.

SoS: Problems with Imprisonment at 2nd Floor (AR42668) of The Splintered Stair at Soubar. If you joke with Laura Kross you party gets imprisoned and game CTD. This related to earlier Imprisonment CTD above. Didn't try this but it probably happens due to CTD problem in inprisonment.

SoS: When you get the unremovable items back Ninde doesn't get her Anhk of Ascension (LK#NANKH). Tashia doesn't get her Scrimshaw Figurine (TAFAMIL). Also Imoen Bracelet (MRIMRIN2) from Imoen Romance causes problems, Imoen doesn't want to give it and then it disappears. Probably any unremovable items from new NPCs are lost.

SoS: (n) Sword of Chaos at container (x 450 y 1000) at AR4287. They are unremovable. Fixed locally.

SoS: I cannot enter to Guard Barracks Prison Level 2 (AR4287) from Prison (AR4288) even though Soubar Major says that CHARNAME can go to Lyrar's Hold through the Caves. Fixed locally.

Cromwell dialogue: (Lol's Rezmod and Munchmod) Something is wrong with item enchancement dialogue, after i made Masamune +4 i get Masamune +4 (Deathbringer does this also) everytime i make new items.  I ended having multiple Masamune +4 and Deathbringer. Cromwell is probably most modded character in game. Lollorian has probably fixed this already, at least Masamune +4. Also if you Blade of Roses +3 and Amber NPC installed Cromwell doesn't notice Shadow Dragon Scales, Red Dragon Scales, Ankheg Shell and several CtB items.

TDD: TDD (Ellesime dialogue-file (SUELLE2.DLG)) breaks Ninde NPC soul restoring, Saerileth NPC marriage ceremony and restoring Deheriana (Kivan Mod). Only The Queen romantic encounter (RE) works. Sad that this can't be fixed.

TDD: I did't get the "Seldarine Amulet" from Ellesime like she says. Fixed locally.

Vecna: Nice mod (except those damned Lava Golems). Level-ups keep coming at very quick rate and lot of high quality items (you can't never have too much items). :P

Very special thanks to Hoppy, Miloch, and Lollorian for helping me.

This BWP install is multiromance friendly for all female NPCs. No problems encountered.

Problems are getting fewer and smaller.

Final note! I have expericed some problems with trigger OnCreation() during this BWP install, probably cause is missing Continue()'s from mod added stuff. Didn't explore this any further just deleted those offending OnCreatio()'s.

Now to ToB.

Update:

Some forgotten problems.

Vecna: AAR003.ARE wrong container type. Container AA03CN00 and AA03CN01. Changed Type "Non-visible (8)".

Fishing for Trouble: YS0414.ARE worng location. Changed Container 3: Location (x 330 y 250)

Fishing for Trouble: Problem with Tanar'ri spawning at YS0040.BCS top area at Lighthouse. When you enter there script spawns Tanar'ri and after third visit 3 Tanar'ris blocks the area exit.

TDD: Shar-Teel quest broken. Wrong script name problem.

Changed AR0300.BCS:
Spoiler

The Undying:  North Forest AR1800.BCS same CMGHOST.CRE problem like Graveyard.

Tactics: North Forest meshed up by Tactics mod (overwrites actors in area) and breaking Shard Of Ice mod quest. Added to AR1800.BCS:
Spoiler

Eilistraee's Clearing. Problem with Solaufein spawning at AR2401.ARE. Removed "!Dead("Sola")" and "!InParty("SOLA")" because in TS mod as part of Sime romance you kill vampire named Sola.

TDD: Kivan quest (Umar Hills) broken because wrong script name. Changed Change kivan to kivandd at DDKIV1.BCS.

Edited by micbaldur, 31 January 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#36 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

@ B!Tweaks Traveller's Stone

Doesn't work because it's dialogue isn't written

@ Rezmod weapons / Stuff of the magi

It's probably an install order problem, e. g. mod A patches creature and mod B installed afterwards overwrites it -> changes from mod A are gone.

@ TDD Monty and Xzar and Shar-Teel quests

Afair problem on TDD's end due to BGT. TDD script names for those three should be used, but instead it's vanilla script names for all of them.

@ Illithid city

Probably due to known idiotic implementation of script name fixes for areas from infinity animations or aurora's shoes.

@ CtB

Nice concept, broken implementation

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#37 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

@ B!Tweaks Traveller's Stone
Doesn't work because it's dialogue isn't written
Well i don't know other than it hasn't ever worked my BWP installs and i haven't checked why. So you are probably right about it.

@ Rezmod weapons / Stuff of the magi
It's probably an install order problem, e. g. mod A patches creature and mod B installed afterwards overwrites it -> changes from mod A are gone.
Yes you are right about overwiting problem. I know that Lollorian has fixed something in Rezmod after i made this BWP haven't checked what though.

@ TDD Monty and Xzar and Shar-Teel quests
Afair problem on TDD's end due to BGT. TDD script names for those three should be used, but instead it's vanilla script names for all of them.
Well i did fix script problem at Shar-Teel's TDD quest but din't bother to fix Monty and Xzar quest.

@ Illithid city
Probably due to known idiotic implementation of script name fixes for areas from infinity animations or aurora's shoes.
Yes it was script problem that i partly managed fix. Didn't bother to check what caused it though.

@ CtB
Nice concept, broken implementation

10th
Well i didn't have many problems with CtB only that Assasination Attempt II quest but what know about probably better that it doesn't start.

I think that TDD had most problems of those big mods. Like that damn Ellesime dialogue problem.

#38 Walter

Walter
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

BWP expert install and have some bugs, probably not new ones.  The big problem is the Virtue mod.  It doesn't read combat accurately, and subtracts virtue points when I kill spiders, thugs or animals, even if they attack me first and have the red circle.  Any way around this? or could I try to uninstall Virtue? or would it kill my whole BWP.

Thanks

BWP is Amazing

#39 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

BWP expert install and have some bugs, probably not new ones.  The big problem is the Virtue mod.  It doesn't read combat accurately, and subtracts virtue points when I kill spiders, thugs or animals, even if they attack me first and have the red circle.  Any way around this? or could I try to uninstall Virtue? or would it kill my whole BWP.

Thanks

BWP is Amazing

BWP expert install is second best thing you do at home. Best thing is ... :whistling:  never mind. :P

Well... i don't use Virtue (don't like the idea).

Sorry  :crying:  but i don't know for sure can you uninstall it from BWP. Hopely one of those modder/fixer/expert like Jarmo or Lollorian answer you.

#40 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

That's quite a list lol :D

I'm going through each of the issues and checking whether it can be solved within mods themselves :) I'll probably make posts for individual fixes in this thread because the quote function is broken for some reason for me (and I don't like turning BBCode off because it makes linking stuff tedious :P)

"The Undying: 3 Ghost doesn't spawn at Graveyard or North Forest at night. Fixed locally."
- TP2 modified to copy relevant CREs  properly

The TP2 uses CMGHOST.CRE as a template for the 3 ghosts, problem is, the ghosts aren't renamed to CMGHOST1,2 and 3 as required by the script - so the TP2 copies the same unused CRE 3 times :lol:

Attached Files