2 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

Partially fulfill the request about modifying ITEMANIM.2DA

-----1200 Ability-specific Use Item Animations [M]
Allows the use of different custom animation sequences for different abilities of the same item
This is reflected by the support of extra rows in ITEMANIM.2DA

ITEMANIM.2DA
Description
This file lists the character animation sequence to be played when an item ability is used. This only applies to items that are used in UseItem() and UseItemPoint() actions, of equivalent thereof (i.e. used as quick item).

[ROWNAME]: Item ResRef
SEQUENCE: The animation sequence to play for the first ability of the specified item (from seq.ids). If there are no other columns, this is the animation sequence to play for all abilities.
<subsequent columns>: The animation sequence to play for the (n+1)th ability of the specified item (from seq.ids), where n is the name of the column.

Example
WAND05.ITM has two abilities

2DA V1.0-1 SEQUENCE 1
WAND05 -1 12

Using the first ability plays no animation sequence (-1). Using the second ability plays animation sequence 12 (SEQ_ATTACK_BACKSLASH).

Options:
-0: disabled
-1: enabled

Edited by Ascension64, 11 March 2011 - 05:52 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

Thanks.

This is reflected by the support of extra rows in ITEMANIM.2DA

I think you meant columns.

This file lists the character animation sequence to be played when an item ability is used. This only applies to items that are used in UseItem() and UseItemPoint() actions, of equivalent thereof (i.e. used as quick item).

So this isn't going to overwrite attack animations. Is there any hope of seeing this make the light of day?

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:55 AM

I think you meant columns.

Amended locally, thanks.

So this isn't going to overwrite attack animations. Is there any hope of seeing this make the light of day?

I don't think this is likely, because the attack animations are tightly tied to a lot of code that governs a creature's round. Plus, we had a discussion about this issue already. http://www.shsforums...post__p__509566

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)