Discussion is here http://www.shsforums...bg-ii-released/
:)

#82 Tuldor88

Tuldor88
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

Fixed version (with Zi blessing):

new version history:

v1.00  - The 1.00 mod release. The former playable version was v0.22 (This version is only available in Polish. For other languages, the v0.22 is required!)

Changes in v1.00 (in respect of v0.22)

1) The book quest in Trademeet:

- Aisha's dialogue improvements (some important conditions were debugged; Aisha gives the quest normally now and she reacts to the book properly),

- in case someone steals the book from the thief's equipment, it should now trigger the proper condition and the entry in diary which enable action to move forward,

- a symbolic reward for the quest completion was added,

- the dialogue lines of the merchant and thief are now determined by the stage of the quest,

- the entries in diary are moved to "done" section after the quest is completed.

2) The ToB's Khalid-Jaheira banter improvements (previously, they worked correctly only in SoA).

3) Few fixes for the minor conversations which were causing the dialogue crashes (dialogue with Jaheira while not having her in the party etc.); the Volo's conversations in Saradush (not working previously) were restored.

4) Khalid's banter cannot be triggered now before visiting the Spellhold (conversation with Imoen as Bhaal's daughter).

5) The 'friendship path', in which Jaheira mentions Khalid's death, is not available now.

6) The quest with Amarylla's spectre:

- the ghost appears only at the appropriate stage of the quest,

- the location now contains a number of mourners so it is no longer empty,

- the conversation in the oasis displays now as it should,

- the fix for some diary entries,

- the transition area to the 'graveyard' works properly now,

- a symbolic reward was added.

7) Joining Khalid in SoA:

- if we have Jaheira in the party, Rylock may ask Khalid to go outside; the door stay closed which eliminates some bugs and incompatibility with the later Xar's quest,

- if there is no Jaheira in the party, one may still enter the building while doing Xar's quest and find Khalid inside; the duplicating NPC is fixed.

8.) The Spirit of Fate in ToB is fixed (summoning Khalid, if he accompanied us in SoA or time after time, now works as intended).

9) Fixed Khalid's/Jaheira's party joining/removal in both SoA and ToB:

- after removing, Khalid used to permanently disappear from the game,

- right now, removing Khalid from the party causes the removal of Jaheira as well (and vice versa; in the same way as it was in BG1) [there is an exception: the Jaheira's disappearance due to the Harpers' quest]. Before the patch, removed Jaheira was not taking Khalid with her, and he was doing so only from time to time,

- fixed the dialogue with Khalid summoned by the Spirit of Fate; from now on, one can add Khalid even without Jaheira's presence in the party.

10) The cosmetic changes in dialogues (typos, lack of <> near "charname" etc.).

v1.01 - Some minor corrections. (This version is only available in Polish. For other languages, the v0.22 is required!)

Changes in v1.01 (in respect of v1.00):

- the correction of zi.tph file (the cursors in ToB, when changing location, are now the way they should be)

- fixed Jaheira's sound files,

- readme edition,

- during the installation process, there is now the information of the English version being incompatible.

v2.00 - The English version is available again.(Current version!)

Changes in v2.00 (in respect of v1.01):

- enabling the installation of the newest version in the English language, (thx for help Damianus!)

- two minor scripts' adjustment,

- readme was edited and the incompatibility warnings were removed.

Attached Files

Edited by Tuldor88, 17 December 2014 - 07:26 AM.

#83 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:17 AM

cute! well done :)

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#84 Tuldor88

Tuldor88
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:02 AM

Edited by Tuldor88, 17 December 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#85 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:05 AM

Hi, I just wanted to respond to your message here, because it might concern other modders.  First of all, best of luck with maintaining and expanding your Khalid mod! Second, it's really great to see Khalid alive and in game. 

I really agree that immersion is important, and it sounds pretty silly when Xan or Kelsey are talking about his death with sadness when he's standing right here. Right? Right. But there are fifty++ NPC mods out there, and it would be pretty hard to reach ALL the modders to change them all.

So I would recommend to consider these:

- either leave these instances alone, and the players would gracefully close their eyes to this little inconsistency;

- or, if it is a one-alone banter(for example, a banter with Xan happens on the Promenade), you can check if the mod is using the banter's variable anywhere else, and if it doesn't(and only if it doesn't) you quietly set this variable in your mod to 10000, if Xan is in party. This way the banter won't trigger. I think it's allow-able in your case. 

- but if this banter is used as a part of a romance track, then you're in trouble, since stopping the romance track is probably too much, and skipping a romance conversation is not so good(maybe it's an important romance conversation). In this case, I doubt fifty modders would change their romance tracks. :( So I would welcome suggestions on what to do here. Weidu does offer opportunities to change a mod's dialogue(tra) line, deleting "Khalid" from that line during installations or something, but that's a delicate line to walk, and bad coding can mess up things(I admit I never tried it yet myself). Thoughts?

#86 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

So I would welcome suggestions on what to do here. Weidu does offer opportunities to change a mod's dialogue(tra) line, deleting "Khalid" from that line during installations or something, but that's a delicate line to walk, and bad coding can mess up things(I admit I never tried it yet myself). Thoughts?
Why overcomplicate things? Let's agree once and for all that modding the mod is the same as modding the vanilla, and the case is closed.

I believe that if a modder would put fair efforts to carefully judge if that line from the other mod could be harmlessly skipped or should be left as intact as possible, then code his mod to appropriately do so, and then put a warning into his readme, then all his bases are covered morally-wise.

Edited by Creepin, 26 December 2014 - 01:21 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#87 Tuldor88

Tuldor88
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

Thanks for posts, I will look at this Khalid-Xan interactions in some free time :)

EDIT: I just find something that in Xan tra:

BO#XAN:

@3745 = ~Oh, yes. You lost Khalid and I - Xan. We have a lot in common, don't we?~

@3750 = ~No, I don't. I remember you did, after Khalid died.~

@3753 = ~Before our departure to Spellhold, Khalid came to me in dreams almost every night. During the day, I reminisced on our journeys together. Athkatla, Tethyr, and then Suldanessellar... without him.~

O#XAN:

@12   = ~Yes... Khalid has fallen.~

O#XANJ:

3695 = ~Khalid... no. No.~

O#XAN25J:

@207  = ~(sigh) Do you remember Dynaheir? And Khalid? Some wounds never heal...~

(quest with "Khalid" as NPC in Amkethram)

@1593 = ~Minsc is puzzled. How can this evil slaver bear the proud name of our fallen comrade?~

@1595 = ~Such filth, taking Khalid's name... I will tear out your throat for sullying it! Thank Silvanus he is dead and cannot hear you!~

@1596 = ~The other Khalid is dead? So, the name did not protect him well enough, eh? "Khalid" means "immortal", you know. Perhaps he should have stayed in Calimshan... should have helped us with a safer business instead of going off with you heroic types.~

@3230 = ~I will never lose you like Jaheira lost Khalid, I swear.~

@3675 = ~There is so much we cannot change. Irenicus, Khalid's senseless death, destruction in Suldanessellar... It was not in our power. Although had I known, I would have taken you to Evereska - and to the Abyss with the consequences.~

@3829 = ~Cherry blossoms. When spring gives way to summer, it rains white all over the valley. Mirtul... remember the flowering in Baldur's Gate, near the Hall of Wonders? We went there together. Khalid was alive... I wish we saw more of him. I never knew...~

BO#XAN25:

@790  = ~Your husband came from Calimshan, did he not? His mother was one of these unfortunate elven girls caught and sold into slavery, I remember.~

@958  = ~Ah, I thought you would have. Khalid... comes to me still.~

@963  = ~Khalid never talked to me. He smiled at me, once, but mostly I saw a grey, bleak shape. If it is different with you, I do not know what to think.~

@964  = ~Perhaps it is a warning? Or a sign of things to come? Be very careful, <CHARNAME>. Gorion and Khalid are gone; I wouldn't want to lose another friend.~
@967  = ~And how are you? Khalid's loss is still fresh, isn't it?~

@970  = ~Khalid... died where he should have lived. But he would understand my need to move on. I have obligations, and cannot dwell on my loss.~

Hmm... I must think about that a litle longer - there is a lot content about Khalid.

EDIT: I fixed rest of that... Kulyok I send PM to you ;)

Edited by Tuldor88, 28 March 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#88 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:54 AM

Just found this.

Thanks

#89 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

So I would welcome suggestions on what to do here. Weidu does offer opportunities to change a mod's dialogue(tra) line, deleting "Khalid" from that line during installations or something, but that's a delicate line to walk, and bad coding can mess up things(I admit I never tried it yet myself). Thoughts?

Why overcomplicate things? Let's agree once and for all that modding the mod is the same as modding the vanilla, and the case is closed.

I believe that if a modder would put fair efforts to carefully judge if that line from the other mod could be harmlessly skipped or should be left as intact as possible, then code his mod to appropriately do so, and then put a warning into his readme, then all his bases are covered morally-wise.

Would this require the Khalid mod to always be installed last, or would it be better to have a separate (and much smaller) compatibility/conversion patch mod?

#90 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

Just to keep it simple, I suggest adding crossmod components to the same mod package, one for each compatibility patch or a single all-in-one crossmod patch that checks for each of the NPC mods installed before.  Then the installation of this mod would be in two parts:  install most of the mod with other NPCs (in any order), and after all NPCs that are included in the crossmod, install the final component using the same setup-exe.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip