• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:29 AM

I had a zombie attack animation change to a winged sword wielding something.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

Which zombie? A filename would be best, or at least an idea of which area it was in.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:22 AM

I knew you would want that, but I was busy playing and didn't want to dig into things. :P

The Animation is ZOMBIE_YELLOW_IWD - 60928 and used by NTZombie.cre

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

Odd, that seems to suggest DISABLE_FROM_KEY doesn't work as expected, though it does seem to remove the files from any editor I use (and therefore should from the game's biffs).

What version of IA are you using? (Check your WeiDU.log.)

Can you put a copy of Near Infinity in your game folder (if it isn't there already). Make sure you have Show Override Files > In ??? Folders (the option below, though it doesn't matter much if your entire override is biffed).
ni-ia.gif
Then expand the BAMs folder and scroll down to MZO2A1.BAM. Go down through all of the MZO2*.BAMs and note any where the yellow zombie doesn't appear. I have the Isair/Cambion/whatever from CtB/RoT, which I assume is what you saw, because I don't have IA installed on my game. Nor will I until I have the next version ready for testing, which is why I'm asking you to do this (sorry, I know it might interrupt a whole 3 minutes of precious play time :P).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

From WieDU.log:
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinity Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Humanoid Animation Fixes: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Distinctive Genies: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Distinctive Fiends: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Pit Fiends -> All get the NWN animation: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Cambion/Isair Animation -> All cambions: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #260 // Alu-Fiend/Madae Animation -> All alu-fiends: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #400 // Distinctive Undead: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #410 // Skeleton Warriors -> Barrow Wight animation: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #450 // Seer Animation -> Some beggars and slaves: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #500 // More Base Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #550 // More Icewind Dale Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #600 // More Icewind Dale II Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #650 // More Neverwinter Nights Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #710 // More Planescape: Torment Animations -> 25% of relevant non-joinables: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Moinesse's Avatars for IA -> 25% of relevant non-joinables: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Fix Areas -> Creature References: v5

If needed I can post the whole log.

The bad .bams are MZO2A3, MZO2A3E, MZO2CA, MZO2CAE, MZO2SP, MZO2PE. And you are right about what I saw.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

The bad .bams are MZO2A3, MZO2A3E, MZO2CA, MZO2CAE, MZO2SP, MZO2PE.

Cheers, that helps. It's also BAMs that v5 specifically DISABLE_FROM_KEYs unless I'm sadly mistaken.

If needed I can post the whole log.

If you don't mind, that would also help (in spoiler tags please, or link an existing version). I'm mainly wondering whether you've got Gen Biffing (pretty sure yes) or other animation mods (pretty sure not) after IA.

#7 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:26 AM

Good timing I just got home from work.

Here you go:
Spoiler

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:39 AM

Cheers. One last thing (I think). Can you open a command prompt to your game folder and type 'weidu --change-log mzo2a3.bam --out mzo2.txt' then post the resulting contents of mzo2.txt here.

#9 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:39 AM

Mods affecting MZO2A3.BAM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hmm, DISABLE_FROM_KEY really should've gotten rid of that. It did on my tests, but will try to investigate further.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

I'm stumped on this (so far) because by all tests, this should be working as intended. Can you attach your SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.DEBUG file? I suspect it's huge, so pasting it in spoiler tags would probably be a bad idea.

#12 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

Here you go:Attached File  SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.txt   5.78MB   898 downloads

If it is just a bug for me, don't bother fixing it. If you think it has something to do with install order or some other thing I will let the BiG World people know.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:03 AM

The bad .bams are MZO2A3, MZO2A3E, MZO2CA, MZO2CAE, MZO2SP, MZO2PE. And you are right about what I saw.

I started a topic for this here.

Can you check and see if any of those .bam files are in your override folder? Pretty sure they would've been biffed either by RoT or Generalised Biffing, but might as well double-check.

Edit: Nevermind; I think we figured it out per that link. Will fix for the next release.

Edited by Miloch, 24 March 2011 - 02:30 AM.