DA: O ending question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:29 AM

A question for those more experienced with the first game than I - I've heard that if you harden Alistair, you can have Alistair and Anora marry at the end while taking Loghain into the Grey Wardens. From what I've heard, Alistair does get pissed off at you but, if he's hardened, goes through with the marriage anyway.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible or not? I'm nearing the end of my first game of DA:O, and this looks to me like the best possible ending - Alistair and Anora rule Ferelden, Loghain gets an honorable death, the Warden lives, no alpha-bitch pregnant with Cthulu.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:59 AM

Yes, this is possible, and you can also get Loghain to live in the end(well, I love Morrigan and my Warden loves his baby with a soul of an Old God, but that's my conclusion). Be aware that Alistair is still quite annoyed at you during the coronation ceremony(and even more so, should Loghain survive), but when you meet him in Awakening, he's good old friendly Alistair again.

#3 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:09 AM

Cool, thanks for the confirmation.

Alistair getting pissy doesn't bother me, and I kinda wish I could flat-out kill off Morrigan, as I loathe them both. Alistair at least should be a good counterweight to Anora - they complement each other well, I think.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#4 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

Yes, this is possible, and you can also get Loghain to live in the end(well, I love Morrigan and my Warden loves his baby with a soul of an Old God, but that's my conclusion). Be aware that Alistair is still quite annoyed at you during the coronation ceremony(and even more so, should Loghain survive), but when you meet him in Awakening, he's good old friendly Alistair again.

I think he meant Loghain's sacrifice at the end of the game. There isn't any getting around the archdemon issue outside the ritual, is there?

Edited by -JR-, 22 March 2011 - 01:31 PM.

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis