Faren with Bhaalspawn powers?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -Jes-

-Jes-

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

I doubt this was a willing thing, but Faren, in my game has Bhaalspawn powers...You know, Heal light wounds, Minor Larloch, Draw upon holy might...

This is really wierd.

o_o

For now that's not a great problem, assuming you pretend you don't have those powers, but what about mods that modify bhaalspawn powers?...

#2 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:40 AM

he has bhaalspawn powers in my game too. I thought maybe it would be revealed later he was another long lost bhaalspawn but it didn't seem to happen thru spellhold which would have been a good point to reveal it if that was the idea.

#3 Ladile

Ladile
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

Enjoying the mod, but wanted to note that Faren also has Bhaalspawn powers in my game, as well!

#4 Son of Imoen

Son of Imoen
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

Miss Sakaki, could you give an official reply? Is it intended for Faren to have Bhaalspawn powers? He's got them in my campaign as well and I wonder if it's a bug or intended behaviour?

*edit: I just read this in the official bugs and typos topic:

Fixed in v2.3:

-Removed Faren's vestigial Bhaalspawn powers

So it's a bug? Is it possible for a player who's not a modder himself to remove the Bhaalspawn powers from a v2.2 power in an ongoing campaign?

I tried opening a save with EE Keeper but the Bhaalspawn powers Faren has in-game don't show up in the 'innate' tab.

Edited by Son of Imoen, 13 May 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#5 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:52 AM

Unfortunately the abilities are within his creature file, and as Faren has already been spawned there isn't a lot you can do about it I'm afraid, other than reinstalling the mod with the most recent version, reloading to a save before you found him in prison and then getting him in the party.

The good news is that it shouldn't affect his Set Snare ability or any HLAs he gets in Throne of Bhaal, so the Bhaalspawn powers will just be an unintended cosmetic nuisance (or a useful added extra, if you felt like using them...)

#6 Son of Imoen

Son of Imoen
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for your reply. I don't feel like reinstalling as changing a mod that's very early in the install order tends to break the install procedure of other mods. Instead I treat him as some kind of half-brother (even though it makes the developing romance incestual), who's a Bhaalspawn as well and I cheat by using his abilities in dire straits. I was expecting him to comment on his being a Bhaalspawn, but that won't happen. Or he should say: 'Hey, you know I'm bugged?' ^_^ . Well, bug me and gimme a hug, Faren!

#7 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, it would be a bit much to go through the reinstall etc just for that! (I think this bug slipped through the net because Feuille and I never use Set Snare when playing and completely missed it...) Good luck on the romance, hope you enjoy! :D