Error in ChVidImage

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

Hello,

I installed BigWorldProject for BG2 Tactics Version (German Version, because I am from Germany)
a few weeks ago.

Sorry I don't know the english name: On the roof of the "Festung der D'Arnise" (hope You know what I mean)
I got the following error: "An Assertion failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp at line number 899"

What can I do?

Thanks.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

Does the area load - do you see any creatures or anything, or does it crash 1/3 or 2/3 through the loading screen?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

Does the area load - do you see any creatures or anything, or does it crash 1/3 or 2/3 through the loading screen?

No, it crashes after a few seconds after loading the area

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

I think that is usually a problem with a two-handed weapon equipped with a shield or similar. Do you have Creature Fixer installed (and is it installed after most other mods)? Also, do you have Tales of Anegh? Someone else reported that same bug here. Post your WeiDU.log contents (in SPOILER tags please).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

I think that is usually a problem with a two-handed weapon equipped with a shield or similar. Do you have Creature Fixer installed (and is it installed after most other mods)? Also, do you have Tales of Anegh? Someone else reported that same bug here. Post your WeiDU.log contents (in SPOILER tags please).

I reinstalled the Creature Fixer. Same error.
I left all two-handed weapons. Same error.
Maybe I installed Tales of Anegh
I think I should delete and install the game again.

Here's the Weidu.log
Spoiler

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

I don't know - you might get the same error if you reinstall. Try installing this (areatest) and enter ar1300 when prompted for an area (I assume you mean De'Arnise Fortress Destroyed? If so then that's the right area code.).

Then post the contents of the resulting areatest/arealog.txt file. If there are any creatures marked DOES NOT EXIST that's a dead giveaway of a problem (probably not the case here). If not, then go down the list and CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("cre") each one - most likely at least one will cause a crash. From there, we can figure out if a mod caused the problem.

Edit: start by CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("icyuan01") as that is the common creature on the roof.

Edited by Miloch, 08 April 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#7 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

I don't know - you might get the same error if you reinstall. Try installing this (areatest) and enter ar1300 when prompted for an area (I assume you mean De'Arnise Fortress Destroyed? If so then that's the right area code.).

Then post the contents of the resulting areatest/arealog.txt file. If there are any creatures marked DOES NOT EXIST that's a dead giveaway of a problem (probably not the case here). If not, then go down the list and CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("cre") each one - most likely at least one will cause a crash. From there, we can figure out if a mod caused the problem.

Edit: start by CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("icyuan01") as that is the common creature on the roof.

Yes I mean De'Arnise Fortress Destroyed?

Here's the log of the areatest
Spoiler

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

Ok, well in some other area of the game, enter CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("icyuan01") in the console, then move up from the bottom of that list for every creature in the list to see if one crashes.

If you need more info on the console it is here.

I am guessing if it is not one of the icyuan creatures then it will be one of the z# or m# or cmlstr2 creatures (but I am just guessing). Once you find out which causes the crash we can try to fix it.

#9 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:20 AM

Ok, well in some other area of the game, enter CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("icyuan01") in the console, then move up from the bottom of that list for every creature in the list to see if one crashes.

If you need more info on the console it is here.

I am guessing if it is not one of the icyuan creatures then it will be one of the z# or m# or cmlstr2 creatures (but I am just guessing). Once you find out which causes the crash we can try to fix it.

OK, I know what I have to do,
but the list is very long.

I added a screenshot of the creatures on the roof just before the crash.
Could You please tell me the english names of the creatures and the name in the list
so that I can test it?
Thanks.

Attached Images

• BG2-CHVID-DARNISE.jpg

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

The big green creature is (usually) a shambling mound. The thin green creature is some kind of troll. I think there are a couple of yuan-ti there and, apparently, a hostile Elminster in the lower left. Like I said, if you start with the creatures I indicated and work from the bottom of the list to the top, it might go quicker.

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

a hostile Elminster in the lower left.

Or more likely Arkvisti the Wanderer which uses the same animation.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:44 AM

The big green creature is (usually) a shambling mound. The thin green creature is some kind of troll. I think there are a couple of yuan-ti there and, apparently, a hostile Elminster in the lower left. Like I said, if you start with the creatures I indicated and work from the bottom of the list to the top, it might go quicker.

Sorry I don't have enough time to test them all.

But I found out:

1. The Giant Troll as seen on the screenshot ist not the problem. I can create him again in an other area without problems.
2. When You press CTRL+5 the animation name of the creature under the cursor should be shown.
It works for all creatures on the screenshot but not for the siren. Nothing is shown for the siren.
Maybe that's the problem?
3. When You press CTRL+Y to kill the siren, the game crashes without error message.

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

Heh, it would only have taken you a minute or two to spawn those. Try this updated areatest-v2 then and post the new arealog.txt. I am not sure which creature you're referring to as the siren. Also, MoveToArea("t-test") from the console after installing that to see if it replicates the crash on the same CRE. If so, post that cre's filename and try running a change-log on it (also described in the areatest readme).

#14 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

Heh, it would only have taken you a minute or two to spawn those. Try this updated areatest-v2 then and post the new arealog.txt. I am not sure which creature you're referring to as the siren. Also, MoveToArea("t-test") from the console after installing that to see if it replicates the crash on the same CRE. If so, post that cre's filename and try running a change-log on it (also described in the areatest readme).

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you. I downloaded the complete creature list from the internet.

OK, now I got it. I installed the new areatest and created the cretures listed in the logfile.
But none of them crashes the game.

What I don't understand is that the creatures marked with a green arrow on the screenshot
are not in the logfile. (The one with the red arrow is th siren. In german it's "Sirene", so I thougt in english it's siren).

Here's the areatest:
Spoiler

Attached Images

• BG2-CHVID-DARNISE.jpg

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

What I don't understand is that the creatures marked with a green arrow on the screenshot
are not in the logfile. (The one with the red arrow is th siren. In german it's "Sirene", so I thougt in english it's siren).

Hmm, I'm guessing some other creature summons them or maybe they get spawned randomly by baldur.bcs (the global script). Pretty sure Arkvisti (the Elminster guy) spawns that way. Can you save the game before it crashes? If so, zip/rar it and attach it. Also it looks like something messed up your anisnd.ids file, so export that with NI or DLTCEP and attach it too. Do a weidu --change-log anisnd.ids too.

#16 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hmm, I'm guessing some other creature summons them or maybe they get spawned randomly by baldur.bcs (the global script). Pretty sure Arkvisti (the Elminster guy) spawns that way. Can you save the game before it crashes? If so, zip/rar it and attach it. Also it looks like something messed up your anisnd.ids file, so export that with NI or DLTCEP and attach it too. Do a weidu --change-log anisnd.ids too.

Sorry, but the the game crashes within a battle, so I can't save before.
Just before the battle I am in an other area inside the building.
I think that savegame wouldn't help.

But I attached the anisnd.ids. It wasn't nessecary to extract it. It was just in the script compiling folder.
And I did weidu --change-log anisnd.ids and added 2 logs, but I am not sure, if You need them.

If that all doesn't help, thanks for the try.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bg2.rar   30.59K   178 downloads

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

Right before the battle, can't you Ctrl+J somewhere else in the area and save from there? It is difficult to see which CREs those are without a saved game, since they're apparently getting spawned some other way than by the area or its script (some other CRE is summoning them or something).

It is the anisnd.ids in your game that is messed up, not the one in your script compiler folder. I think some mod puts a leading space before all the entries for some stupid reason but I'm not sure which.

#18 XISERV400

XISERV400
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

Right before the battle, can't you Ctrl+J somewhere else in the area and save from there? It is difficult to see which CREs those are without a saved game, since they're apparently getting spawned some other way than by the area or its script (some other CRE is summoning them or something).

It is the anisnd.ids in your game that is messed up, not the one in your script compiler folder. I think some mod puts a leading space before all the entries for some stupid reason but I'm not sure which.

I took another way to the roof. There were some YuanTi instantly. So I can't save. I just moved on.
The game didn't crash. But there was no way to get to the other stairs where the game crashed.

I think this takes to much time.
I will install the game again without Tales of Anegh out and I will not enter the D'arnise again.
Maybe the same error appears somwere else. Then I could post a new topic.

Thanks for Your help.