Photo

[Release] Tchos' Planescape: Torment portrait replacement mod

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tchos

Tchos
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

I read the forums carefully to determine where to post this announcement, and this seemed like the proper place. I hope a kindly moderator will correct the location if I was incorrect.

Tchos' portrait mod for Planescape: Torment
by Tchos

Purpose
To replace the 3D character portraits in the game with high-quality hand-painted portraits, as other Infinity Engine games used, such as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, which are more aesthetically pleasing than the 3D character portraits in PS:T. These replacements occur where they appear in the PC/NPC section of the journal, in the stat screens, and the inventory paperdolls. Ideally, future releases of this mod will include replacements for the portraits at the bottom of the gameplay screen, as well as replacements for the rest of the recruitable party members, and perhaps more general NPCs.

The central location for this mod is the following page on my blog:
http://tchosgames.bl...rtrait-mod.html

Current version is v0.91

Attached Images

• annah-after.jpg

Edited by Tchos, 09 April 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

Download links leads to:

Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available.

Please check the address and try again."

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 Tchos

Tchos
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Thank you for letting me know. I've adjusted the sharing permissions and republished the post. Please refresh the blog post for the new link.
I already had it set to "Anyone with the link may download," but since that apparently wasn't working, I've changed it to "full public".

I am interested in alternative hosting suggestions.

Edited by Tchos, 08 April 2011 - 08:12 PM.

#4 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:35 PM

Maybe more people would be interested if you did the following (where X stands for the name of your mod's folder):
download Weidu.exe from Weidu page
rename Weidu.exe to X-Setup.exe
use text editor to type this:
"BACKUP ~X\backup~
AUTHOR ~Tchos~

BEGIN ~The Name of Your Mod~

COPY ~X\img~ ~override~"

Save it as X.tp2

If you put the image files into X\img, copied X folder and X-Setup.exe to your PST folder and ran X-Setup.exe, it ought to put all your image files into override.
Simple, isn't it?

#5 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:54 AM

I think it may be a good idea. Well, PS:T doesn't have nice pictures... that's my opinion, however I believe that there are other people who would like to use a mod like that. :cheers:

#6 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

Tchos, the mod is a good idea. I like the original portraits, but the new hand-drawn ones look even better. I'd like see all party members with new portraits though.

Maybe more people would be interested if you did the following (where X stands for the name of your mod's folder):
download Weidu.exe from Weidu page
rename Weidu.exe to X-Setup.exe
use text editor to type this:
"BACKUP ~X\backup~
AUTHOR ~Tchos~

BEGIN ~The Name of Your Mod~

COPY ~X\img~ ~override~"

Save it as X.tp2

If you put the image files into X\img, copied X folder and X-Setup.exe to your PST folder and ran X-Setup.exe, it ought to put all your image files into override.
Simple, isn't it?

That's not exactly correct. Remember, in weidu you need to put "/" instead of "\".

Anyway, I took the liberty of creating a weidu version of the mod. Tchos, If I overstepped my bounds let me know and I'll delete this.

If you open the .tp2 file with a text editor you can change the introductory lines that are after "//" (everything after // is considered as a comment).
You can also change the line :
AUTHOR ~Mod site: http://tchosgames.bl...trait-mod.html~
This is where people can get hold of you. If you want to change it, change only the part inside ~~. I put your website address there but you can also put your email if you want, or nothing at all.
You can also change the version number in the appropriate section.
Don't change anything else, unless you know what you're doing.

If you have more portraits in a latter version just put them in the Tchos-PST-portrait-mod\Portraits folder.

That's it. Update it with any changes you want and tell me to delete this attachment if necessary.

Attached Files

#7 Tchos

Tchos
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

Zireael, thank you for the information and suggestion. If I had known the .tp2 files were just text files, I probably would have gone ahead and tried making one. ^_^;

GhostDog, I very much appreciate your help! I'll include your installer files with my package, and add a credit there. No need to delete your attachment at this time, but when I put out a new version (ideally with the rest of the party members), then it would be a good idea to delete that one.

And I also thank you for your very nice and useful interface mod!

Edit: File is now updated, and I've changed the version to 0.91 to note the addition of your installer.

Edited by Tchos, 09 April 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#8 Isewein

Isewein
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:23 PM

This is a great mod! Looks much better than the original portraits. Noted for future reference.