Ceinwen Ravenhair's house?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

After the tanar'ri told me to go find Ceinwen Ravenhair I've been combing the government/government west districts to try to find her, but I had no luck. Eventually I opened up Near Infinity and I dug out some references - apparently she's supposed to spawn in the Council of Six building, at least at some point in her storyline. I go to the building and spawn her using CreateCreature "YSCEINWN" - she talks to me and has apparently the correct dialogue. She tells me to come back in a day - but when I do so I get two different responses - if I leave the Co6 building and wait a day, then reenter, she's gone again; if I then spawn her (or if I wait out the day in the C06 building) I get the "has nothing to say to you" response. Is there any way to fix this?

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

I hope you've got a savegame from before the time you tried to spawn her..... She lives in the house with the red roof beam in Govt. District West.
Spoiler

-Y-

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

I hope you've got a savegame from before the time you tried to spawn her..... She lives in the house with the red roof beam in Govt. District West.

Spoiler

-Y-

Wow, that's an amazingly fast response - yeah, everything worked. It turns out that in my main save branch I had already spawned her in the Co6 building but once I went to her house the girl appeared as usual. All I had to do to fix my screwup was spawn her again in the Co6 building manually, talk to the cowled wizard, and everything seems to be working as normal now.

I thought I had looked everywhere in Gov't West but I guess the invisible doors defeated me again (I had trouble figuring out where the lighthouse keeper was as well because of the geometry of the house).

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:40 AM

Ceinwen's house in Govt. West was a last-minute move. Originally I had her living in the Slums in an unused house but after running with this for a long while, I decided I wasn't too keen on patching in a new door because someone else could so easily do the same trick and overwrite Ceinwen's entrance. Quite a few characters got moved in that shift.

I'm pleased it's working properly again.

-Y-

#5 -Daemon Caledor-

-Daemon Caledor-

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:51 AM

I have encountered another problem with Ceinwen. I went to the place where the wizards took her, but could only see one of them (and no Ceinwen) in the room, though the dialogue suggests that she is there as well. I talked to the wizard and paid him and then it said that two wizards used dimension door to leave. Problem is, the wizard is still there in "has nothing to say to you" mode and there is still no sign of Ceinwen. I'm not sure if she somehow spawned out of sight or what, but it seems I'm stuck now. Do you have any suggestions for a workaround for this?

cheers

#6 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

I've seen this once before. A few things to try:-

1. If you have a save from before entering the Council Of Six, enter the building and if Ceinwen is not visible,

CreateCreature("ysceinwn")

2. If you paid the license fee try going back to her home. From your description I think you may have paid the blackmail.

3. Lastly, if you told the Cowled Wizards where to put themselves and their blackmail, you have a chance of meeting up with Ceinwen in Spellhold.

-Y-

#7 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

When does the Tan´ari tells you to find Ceinwen? I havnt got that quest yet, now looking for the "Tigers Eye". Have I missed it or It will come later?

/Z

#8 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

It looks like you've missed it, although I'm not sure how.

-Y-