Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:21 AM

WSl1HVZ.jpg

File Name: IA Content: D2 Bear & Werebear
File Submitter: Ulb

File Submitted: 14 Apr 2011
File Updated: 09 May 2013
File Category: Infinity Animations
Download: here

This mod contains the (giant) bear and the werebear animation from 'Diablo II: Lord of Destruction', ported to BG2.

Note: Infinity Animations core mod needs to be installed prior to this mod.

For a more detailed overview, including information regarding compatibility and installation, please check out the readme!

UPDATE: Version 3.3:

Fixed a palette error in the werebear animation's death/sleep sequence.

All previous UPDATE notes:

Spoiler

Many Thanks to:

- Gwendolyne for his contribution.

- The Spellhold Studios, it's forum community and the people that keep it up and running.

- The makers and maintainers of:

• WeiDU: Westley Weimer & Valerio Bigiani (The Bigg)

• NearInfinity: Jon Olav Hauglid

• Infinity Animations: Erephine & Miloch

• DRTest: Sloan

• BAMWorkshop2: Andrew Bridges

• DLTCEP: Avenger

• TobEx: Ascension64

• Creature BAM-It

• Gimp.26

Edited by Ulb, 09 May 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

Wow, nice work.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Cheers for the praise :)

Though most of the work was done by the Blizzard Art Team and the developers of the tools I used. (DrTest, BamWorkshp2, DLTCEP, Gimp2.6, CBam-it)

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

The only major flaw on these animations are missing shadows. (With my knowledge of the tools I used, adding shadows would have ment to do that manually for every single frame.)

If you can import your animation into a 3d modelling tool like 3ds Max, you can render the shadows there. There is some info on how to do that here, though it may not work with whatever format Diablo is in (there is a 3ds plug-in for NWN animations called NWMax). Otherwise, you can look at what Kwiat_W did with his Pack Mule mod to use an effect to add the shadows. There are some glitches with that though, so it is better to render them in the actual animations if you can.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

If you can import your animation into a 3d modelling tool like 3ds Max, you can render the shadows there. There is some info on how to do that here, though it may not work with whatever format Diablo is in (there is a 3ds plug-in for NWN animations called NWMax). Otherwise, you can look at what Kwiat_W did with his Pack Mule mod to use an effect to add the shadows. There are some glitches with that though, so it is better to render them in the actual animations if you can.

If I'm not misstaken D2 uses some kind of 2d animations like IE does.. so the whole 3d moddeling tool solution is no option? (no clue about 3d moddeling programs)
The pack mule mod looks interesting I'll make sure to look into that once I managed to complete my Werebear kit mod. (That whole shapeshifting thing isnīt as easy as I expected it to be :))

Anyway thanks for you're help.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

If I'm not misstaken D2 uses some kind of 2d animations like IE does.. so the whole 3d moddeling tool solution is no option? (no clue about 3d moddeling programs)

I don't know, as I have no idea about Diablo II or its animation format. But it doesn't really matter if it uses 2d or 3d as long as you can import it into 3ds Max you could still (in theory) render the shadows. Actually it should be able to do that even for BMPS or AVI files (not real movies but containers of snapshot 2d BMPs).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Hey there, just wanted to drop a little update.

The Werebear Kit seems pretty playable and I am half way through adding shadows to the werebear animation.
Both should be done and ready for release by the end of the week, though there might be a slitght delay, depending on how much time I'll have to spare the next few days.

#8 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Just posting a new version of the werebear & bear animations, this time including a WeiDU-Installer.
I don´t have BGII installed at the moment and can't test whether everything is working the way it should..so let's just hope forgetting to pack the actual installer was the only mistake I made... :)

Attached Files

#9 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for update, and making this available. - Your forum attachment needs updating with the above link, as the file attachment (not the post attachment) is the one that is currently linked to the BiG World Project link list, and the one which everyone is downloading ...so there are lot of players out there with this file (including me, until I found this) who can not install or use it because it lacks the installer.

Edited by Test Person, 28 January 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Latest BWP Essentials (Not My Contributions, - Just A Note To Anyone Who Needs The Link): http://kerzenburg.ba...oads.php?cat=10

#10 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hey Test Person, thanks for the hint :)

The file should be updated by now. I tried to update it back in september when I discovered the missing installer but the whole shs page was being reworked and wouldn't let me do it...

Anyway, you're welcome and I'm glad you like the "mod".

I hope everything is working properly now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: infinity animations, ia concent, werebear, bear, diablo, d2, animations