Child vampire

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -Dragon food-

-Dragon food-

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

Maybe a silly one, but how to kill????

- Nothing Seems To Works, no weapon, especially the Bloodsucker, work.

Second: Where is the ring of the Lady Paravral!

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:41 AM

She should go down in the same way as a normal vampire; however, we did get this problem in testing and were never able to reproduce it satisfactorily on another machine. Just as an attempt, if you have a savegame before you find the Child Vampire, could you uninstall and reinstall FFT? If that fails, I'll dig out the variables that need updating for you.

Regarding the ring;
Spoiler

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 18 April 2011 - 02:42 AM.

#3 -Dragon food-

-Dragon food-

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for the hint,

It is not a big problem, I just wanna know if I missed something, but thanks for the help.
It is a very nice mod.

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

If you still can't kill the Child Vampire, see the 'Known Problems' thread for an answer.

-Y-

#5 -Myrmicus-

-Myrmicus-

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:58 AM

The problem is... childs can't be killed, at least in my version of the game.
So, the childvampire being a child, I just can't kill him, no damages are done to him.
I've tried the reinstall method... tried the CLUA globale setting... nothing happens, I'm stuck.

#6 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:13 AM

If you've set the global variable, just ignore the Child Vampire and go back to Ceinwen. The variable tells Ceinwen that the Child Vampire has been killed in the correct fashion (!!!) and will allow the plotline to continue. Note that you must have been given the Vampire Bloodsucker by Ceinwen, otherwise this won't work. If you really want, you can ctrl+y the Child Vampire out of existance.

-Y-

#7 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm sorry but where exactly is this vampire kid? O_O do I need access to Bodhis lair to find her?

#8 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

do I need access to Bodhis lair to find her?

Yes . :)

-Y-

#9 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Thank you :)

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi,
I am currently developping my own NPC mod and try to make it compatible with as many mods as possible, including FFT. As the storyline appears to be linear and I am tasked with the vampire child way before I plan to let my party do any decision of the path they take (Bodhi, Shadow Thieves, Alternative) there is no access to Bodhi's lair where the child is. Just for my own sake I have therefore added a bit of code to ar0801.bcs to move the girl in front of the locked door if you get the quest early in the game. Maybe it is worth considering this option?
Spoiler

Currently I am in the two day wait for Cerwein to prepare something to get beyond the traps, so I have no comments to the rest of the story.

NB. For the issue of the first cave and the door being too narrow I have coded a transportation from the first cave's exit to the second cave's entry point for my party.

Roxanne

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#11 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

I deliberately didn't make the Child Vampire accessible early on because the intention was to make Fishing for Trouble feel part of the original game, rather than a tacked-on third-party mod. There are quite a few parts of the mod where you can't progress FFT unless you've done parts of the BioWare storyline.

If you want to present your script change as an option for other players, please go ahead. Open a new topic with it in and I'll pin it.

-Y-

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

I was expecting that and it is a good approach - same that I use for my mod as well. I will just use my little *cheat* privately as I develop new stuff while following the gameplay. It makes sense contentswise to have the child with the other vampire inside the lair.
Bye

I deliberately didn't make the Child Vampire accessible early on because the intention was to make Fishing for Trouble feel part of the original game, rather than a tacked-on third-party mod. There are quite a few parts of the mod where you can't progress FFT unless you've done parts of the BioWare storyline.

If you want to present your script change as an option for other players, please go ahead. Open a new topic with it in and I'll pin it.

-Y-

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#13 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

I also wanted to have the child vampire appear without having to side with the guild and attack Bodhi ... firstly because I am far from ready to do that in my game (it may interfere with other mods I'm running), and secondly I was planning on attacking the thieves guild this time round. I've never done it before and as I have a neutral character this time (I'm always a goody two shoes) I thought I'd give it a go. Anyway, here's my simple solution to getting the kiddy vamp to appear.

Spoiler

#14 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hold on: if you side with Bohdi you still get access to her lair. Access is all that's needed.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 25 October 2012 - 02:27 PM.