Any use for combos? (DA2)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

So I'm just wondering, is there actually any way to use combos as anything other than a pointless gimmick?

My problem with them is that the only enemies that seem to get affected by BRITTLE/STAGGERED/DISORIENTED are crap enemies that die of a few hits anyway, while all the enemies that it would be sensible to use combos against resist them 95% of the time.

Any insights?

Edited by WeeRLegion, 23 April 2011 - 11:04 PM.

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Grease+fireball can be quite useful, especially in restricted corridors. Nicely fried, just ready for the barbeque.

-Y-

#3 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

Yes: Staggered+Vendetta(duelist) or Brittle/Assassinate(Brittle/some arrow talents) can make more than 75000(and more than a few people had over 50000, which is a lot) - these are real boss-killers.

#4 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

@Yovaneth
Sorry, my bad, I forgot to mention that I'm especially referring to DA2. o-o

@Kulyok
Mmm, that certainly could be worthwhile, if only the staggering took effect more than once in an infinity. xP

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

On Nightmare with a Force Mage: Fist of the Maker (Upgraded with Maker's Hammer) vs STAGGERED targets. CC and damage in one package. Optimally you should be getting STAGGERED enemies pretty much all the time by using a tank.

On Nightmare with a Mage: Crushing Prison (Upgraded with Paralyzing Prison) vs STAGGERED targets. The increased damage component works against all bosses. The paralyzing component works against many bosses and almost all minibosses.

On Nightmare with a Mage: Chain Lightning (Upgraded with Chain Reaction) vs STAGGERED targets. High damage on crits and causes a stun-like effect from the added elemental force.

On Nightmare with a Mage: Walking Bomb (Upgraded with Corrosive Walking Bomb and Virulent Walking Bomb) vs DISORIENTED targets. Correctly managed can hit multiple enemies and bosses for 50,000 or more damage, depending on the health of the enemy killed with this.

On Nightmare with a Rogue: Archer's Lance (Upgraded with Punishing Lance) vs BRITTLE targets. Inflicts high damage due to the 100% crit chance and cuts through multiple enemies. As always, beware of friendly fire.