Photo

Belt Teleports Me To Athkalta Then My Screen Goes Black

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Kagecin

Kagecin
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

As the title says - when Belt teleports me to Athkalta for the first time after defeating Sarevok - my screen goes black and nothing happens. Was I not suppose to delete my BG2 save at the beginning?

Edit: I am now receiving an issue where I can not leave the first dungeon in Baldur's Gate 2. I get stuck on this screen:

Spoiler

Edited by Kagecin, 29 April 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

Weidu.log's content ?
There's several threads that have this problem, and solution to it...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Kagecin

Kagecin
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

Here is the log. I checked the thread you linked but I couldn't find any relevant information. Never played BG1 and BG2 before, am hoping to get this resolved so I can continue.

Spoiler

#4 RavenSW

RavenSW
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

Two things jump out at me. Dudleyfix is listed as NOT compatible with BGT, and I personally had issues with Aurora in BGT and had to take it out myself. I had problems in a different area, and didnt get so far as starting BG2 with it. If you go into the BGT\Help file of your install, there is a document that will list known compatible Mods and elements of mods that area incompatible, as well as totally incompatible. I do know Dudleyfix is listed as totally incompatible, (LEVEL1NPCS) lists it in the install. Hope that helps.
Creator~MOD in progress Raven NPC/Quest Mod

Contributor~MOD in progress Valiant's City MOD

#5 RavenSW

RavenSW
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

Also, please post your particular issue on the link Jarno provided, the thread is to try to solve your EXACT problem of transition, and if anyone can definitely fix it, it is Acsension64. Help by letting em know your bug too.
Creator~MOD in progress Raven NPC/Quest Mod

Contributor~MOD in progress Valiant's City MOD

#6 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

Have you waited some minutes? With my old PC it took more than three minutes until BG2 was loaded and the black screen gave way to a cutscene. Your're transitioning from one game to another...

#7 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

I personally never had any problem with Aurora on my last BWP playthrough, at least none that I noticed. I believe Fennek might be right: there's quite a lag when the transition occures, with black screen being displayed for a minute or two. Have you tried to wait?

Edited by Creepin, 25 April 2011 - 08:53 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

Hey, I remember, the reason that was determined to be the cause was:
Drum roll...

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #800 // Import more items into Shadows of Amn (WARNING: This can be considered a cheat): 9 (31 Dec 09)

#9 Kagecin

Kagecin
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

I manage to wait several minutes and the game continued fine. I figured I would bump this thread instead of posting a new topic as a new issue has risen. As i am trying to escape the beginning dungeon, the game will begin to load and then say:

Wrong Disc in Drive D:
Place CD2 In Drive D

I am using the digital version from GOG.com, is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks to everyone so far for the responses and help. I am really enjoying what seems to be a darker tale in Baldur's Gate 2 and would like to continue it.

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

I am using the digital version from GOG.com, is there any way I can fix this?

Don't know, we are assuming you have a full install as the GoG game should allow it... it requests the BG2 - SoA play CD(CD2). This should clear out by not having any other CD in the drives but the ToB play CD ...

Open your baldur.ini file with Notepad and post the 6 lines under the [Alias] title.

#11 Kagecin

Kagecin
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

Here are the first seven lines under the Alias part of my baldur.ini. Thank you once again.

Spoiler

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

HD0:=D:\Games\BGII - SoA\
CD1:=D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD1\
CD2:=D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD2\
CD3:=D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD3\
CD4:=D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD4\
CD5:=D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD5\
CD6:=D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD6\

The actual BG2 game doesn't have 6 CD's, I remember that the GOG info about this subject is/was faulty... I don't remember how it was fixed last time this showed up, but I would think that fixing this is one step closer.
As the original game had Install CD(CD1), the Play CD(CD2), CD3-4 as the change CD's required in install or during play of the other sections of the game, and ToB - play CD(CD5).

Yes, the BG1 has 6 CD's, but the BGT-WeiDU requires it to be installed on a separated directory, not in the same.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 28 April 2011 - 10:50 PM.

#13 Kagecin

Kagecin
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

I'm sorry, can you rephrase that please? I'm not sure as to what I am suppose to do. Thank you.

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

I personally had issues with Aurora in BGT and had to take it out myself.

Funny how I never saw you post anything about it in Aurora's forum. Please do if you have non-vague details. (It isn't that cool you post something negative about a mod that probably has nothing to do with the post, considering such as:)

I personally never had any problem with Aurora on my last BWP playthrough, at least none that I noticed.

This sounds to me more like a BG1-BG2 transition issue.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "Dudleyfix" but if it's this component:

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #55 // Dudleyfix for BG1 NPCs: v1.5

Then yes, it is of course compatible with BGT (as is Level 1 NPCs, or it wouldn't've allowed it to be installed at all).

To the OP - if you get a black screen (i.e. usually a freeze or hang) then see if you've got any text in your baldur.err file in your game folder. Post the contents here if so.

Edited by Miloch, 29 April 2011 - 03:03 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#15 -Asc64_offline-

-Asc64_offline-

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

The length of the black screen is a side-effect of increased stability. So, in general, it's time to have a well-deserved break for your eyes before continuing. If the black screen stays for more than 30 minutes, then that is probably stuck

#16 Kagecin

Kagecin
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

I took a screenshot of the issue I am having, where it asks for Disk 2 after trying to exit the first dungeon in Baldur's Gate 2.

Spoiler

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

I'm sorry, can you rephrase that please? I'm not sure as to what I am suppose to do. Thank you.

There is not sixth CD...

#18 Kagecin

Kagecin
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Should I just remove the sixth CD from the baldur.ini file then?

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Should I just remove the sixth CD from the baldur.ini file then?

Yes... but it won't fix your problem.

Hmm, you are starting the game via the BGMain.exe in the D:\Games\BGII - SoA\ -directory, right?

#20 Kagecin

Kagecin
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

Yes sir I am! I have been trying to experiment with various things. Like getting the actual disk 2 and just seeing if it would work, no dice.