Photo

Help combining two kits

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Here's what i'd like to do, and i know it's a bit of cheese on my part ...

i want to take the advantages/disadvantages of the Arcane Avenger from Revised Battles and give mix them up with the Kensai ...

so,

Gains a +5 bonus to THAC0 and Damage vs. Mages and Sorcerers.
Gains a +5 bonus to Saving Throws vs. Spells.
Ethereal Vision, once per day for every 10 levels. All invisible creatures are made visible every six seconds, for a duration of 60 seconds.
Shimmering Force, once per day for every 10 levels. All offensive spells cast at the Arcane Avenger in the next 30 seconds will automatically be deflected.
9th level: Immunity to all Hold, Charm and Confusion spells.
15th level: The Arcane Avenger gains 4% magic resistance per level (i.e. 60% at 15th level).
17th level: Temporal Stasis, once per day. The Arcane Avenger is immune to Time Stop for the duration (30 seconds).

Disadvantages:
May only obtain grand mastery in ordinary mage weapon types.
Can only dual-class to a Mage (requires 18 Intelligence).
Must be of a Neutral alignment.
Only Humans, Elves and Gnomes may become Arcane Avengers.

Plus,
+1 hit, plus +1 damage every 3 levels
+1 AC every 5 levels
all the standard disadvantages of the kensai (no armor, etc)

i could give myself the arcane kit and just edit the ac every five levels but i can't figure out the hit/damage part of it ... any suggestions?
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

i could give myself the arcane kit and just edit the ac every five levels but i can't figure out the hit/damage part of it ... any suggestions?

You could use he Shadow Keeper to edit the Kensais abilities in, but...

I can do make this kit, and release it in the MegaModKits mod... Just a question, which Revised Battles mod do you wish me to use as the base ? Link please... :)
Edit: OK, so I have a v6.3... I'll probably base the class on it and Kensai, any name suggestions ? Anything extra ?
Edit2: Ok, it's done, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow, as I cannot use this computer to upload a darn thing...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 27 April 2011 - 09:35 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Thanks Jarno! I've been messing around with SKs abilities tab today to no avail ...

As long as the kit has the arcane bonuses plus the AC, attack, and hit bonuses, and the no armor, braces disadvantages, I'm happy. For some reason, with the Arcane Avenger kit, i'm able to chose any weapon than just the mage weapons on my build (not complaining).

Perhaps Arcane Kensai or Kensai Avenger as name suggestions. I'm sure you can come up with something much better. I still use your vampire hunter redo each run, so I'm looking forward to this. I'll keep my eyes for your update and report back on bugs, imprssions, etc.

Edited by joshuar9476, 27 April 2011 - 11:27 AM.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

Well, he won't be able to use the Kensai restricted slings either, but you'll have all the other features you requested...

And here it is, the Arcane Avenger Kensai. :P
The Shadowkeeper keeps the kit effects within the "affects" tab.

Attached Files

#5 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

when starting from level one, i have an AC of 6, but +3 hit and a +6 damage ...
when i level up to 32, i still have an AC of 6 and the +3/+6 stays the same

all the spells seem to work, and while i can give 1 pip in any weapon, i can only grandmaster mage weapons (which the kit says) ...

Edited by joshuar9476, 28 April 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

when starting from level one, i have an AC of 6, but +3 hit and a +6 damage ...
when i level up to 32, i still have an AC of 6 and the +3/+6 stays the same

That probably comes from the Strength bonus, not from the kit. As you can only detect the kits effects in real play against real enemies... not from the stats of the character, except perhaps in the Base Thac0 the character has.

Ups, if you install both Arcane Avenger and Arcane Avenger Kensai, the Arcane Avenger will have the Arcane Avenger Kensai's advantages without the disadvantages of being a Kensai, and without proper description... hope you won't be tempted to take advantage. ^_^
I'll fix this in the MegaModKits release if I make it.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 28 April 2011 - 12:08 PM.

#7 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

you know more about this than i do ... you build em', i'll play em ... what about the AC, should that have come down as the character progressed? 6 seems awfully high for a level 32 character ...