• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hello,
here the italian translation for WSR mod.

Thank you, however I have received an Italian translation from Aedan a few months ago.

I've updated the mod with that one in v1.13 since it was submitted to me first..

#42 Xaneth123

Xaneth123
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Hi all,

So I'm having a small problem with this mod.  I have used a BWS BGEE Trilogy installation using the "Recommended" installation settings, with the only addition being Wild Mage Additions.

I noticed that the class description for the Wizard Slayer is stuck to the default one, but I think the actual changes to the class are working (Shatter Magic is available as an ability), except for the fact that I cannot equip the Cloak of Mirroring, still says restricted to Wizard Slayers (I chose Moderate Changes for Item Restrictions).  I haven't tried the rest of the items to see if any other ones that shouldn't be restricted, are.

Any help would be great. 

Thanks!

Attached Files

#43 -ckoe-

-ckoe-

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Hello,

I can confirm that the kit description during character generation is the original one. Additionally I notice that the modified kit description shows up when pressing TAB instead of a NPC name in the Order of the Rediant Heart area ! Really strange.

A screenshot of the NPC name strangendess and my WeiDU logs are in this forum posts:

http://www.shsforums...200#entry593959

http://www.shsforums...200#entry593960

Maybe someone could take a look ?

Thanks !

#44 FixTesteR

FixTesteR
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:42 AM

Hi!

My WS never gets the HLAs. All he gets is Shatter magic which progresses properly. And he probably gets the Disrupt magic passive ability. Upon leveling up every 8th level, he doesn't get notified he has just received another Shatter magic use. He gets neither normal warrior HLAs nor the ones that this mod is supposed to replace.

I'm playing an EET. I can also confirm that at the character creation screen, the description is that of a vanilla WS.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by FixTesteR, 20 October 2020 - 04:48 AM.

#45 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:55 AM

What is actually likely here is that you have installed a mod that this mod didn't account for and the change then alters the base games table so much the mod can't recover from that. But we need a --change-log from the "LUFI0.2DA" -file for to be sure. As the mod uses that as the base for the HLA table.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#46 FixTesteR

FixTesteR
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 03:38 AM

I can't seem to find that file in my EET folder. There is a LUFI3.2DA however. Is the changelog simply called that? I found CHANGELOG.md.

It's likely you're right, since I get a similar problem with the Totemic Druid, though he got some HLAs. He just doesn't get them anymore on level up now. I also have problems with a Swashbuckler where I had to EEKeeper one HLA in while removing his normal traps x6 because EEKeeper insisted he had too many innate abilities. And all these classes had rebalancing done to them.

I'm willing to learn how to remedy the situation :) Thanks for your help.

Edited by FixTesteR, 21 October 2020 - 06:11 AM.

#47 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:46 AM

I can't seem to find that file in my EET folder

You can't find the lufi0.2da file in the folder, this is because the file is "archived" in one of the games data files, which are the .bif files, in the "data" folder. As they are large data sets clumped into together, so the game could load them from the CDs... old computer architech, fun and all that. That is old reason, the new is the usage of Random Access Memory. As in the new is that they are faster to read than from individual file, and so a mod can ask if you want to biff the files, do it by default or if other things fail, use the Generalized Biffing to .bif things. The EET for example should ask you if you want to do this.

There is a LUFI3.2DA however. Is the changelog simply called that? I found CHANGELOG.md.

That's the actual file in the games override folder, or a stored backup in a one of the mods that alters it.

The --change-log is a weidu procedure, where you; either run the weidu.exe and give it a command line insert to give it a command... or you run a .bat that does that with a weidu.exe in the game folder. As adviced here. It gives the mod components that effect the said file... it's just a more presice weidu.log file, targeting just one file.

Sorry, I though that I had adviced you previously on it.. not that that might not have been the case. Anyways... that's besides the point. Now you know.

I also have problems with a Swashbuckler where I had to EEKeeper one HLA in while removing his normal traps x6 because EEKeeper insisted he had too many innate abilities. And all these classes had rebalancing done to them.

I can't say for sure, but I would think the EE games have been updated to allow more than the former default that it once had, so the EEKeeper might be wrong, and needs an update. This is a thing in the original games too. Which is why it removed the BhallSpawns innate powers before it gave the Slayer Change. Aka, some plot essential stuff.

I get a similar problem with the Totemic Druid, though he got some HLAs. He just doesn't get them anymore on level up now.

Alright, before we proceed with things, let's reduce the diagnosis parameters:

1: You level up the said character one level at a time, not 2, 10 or 12, as the game only has so many HLAs it can give the character at a level up, at once.

2: Some of th HLAs only allow to be picked ones. So this needs to be taking into account. So you can't nessasarily get to level 50, even if you install the level 50 components from the cdTweaks. .. unless you manually change the LUDRx.2da files content, with say NearInifnity, and thus allow multiple picks.

Those should surfice.

Now, still got a problem, go ahead and ask, or PM me in G3. :P -this is called; corruptionTM-

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#48 FixTesteR

FixTesteR
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 04:23 AM

Okay, so I managed to do one thing :)

The link says "This version only works on a x86 64 bit system". I have win7 64-bit. I dont have x86. I guess you can't have both at the same time. I'm betting all is fine so I'll proceed with extraction.

I DLed the change-log.zip, but didn't overwrite weidu.exe. I just saved it as weidu (2).exe. Then I ran it. But didn't know what to do so I closed it.

Then I proceeded with the editing of change-log.bat. I ran it and here's the result, the contents of change-log.txt:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Mods affecting LUFI0.2DA:

So, nothing with LUFI0.2DA. Then I did it for LUFI3.2DA:

Mods affecting LUFI3.2DA:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~WSR/WSR.TP2~ 0 200 // Wizard Slayer High Level Ability revisionv1.14

I am running the latest version of EEKeeper: EEKeeper 1.0.4.0

About swashy, EEKeeper seems to consider his normal traps as HLAs. When I removed 6 of 7 innate abilities for Lay Traps (not HLAs), I was finally able to give him the HLA Avoid Death. So ... what's up with that!

Where do I level the character? BG, BG2, TOB? Should I export from one game to another? Should I use the command C:SetCurrentXP("161000") etc? Or is there a way to just level up one level without imputing XP numbers for ... 35 levels? Always a different number ... :)

Thanks my man Imp.

In Watcher's Keep, the Imp is a she and gives you riddles.

#49 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:42 AM

Okay, so I managed to do one thing :)

The link says "This version only works on a x86 64 bit system". I have win7 64-bit. I dont have x86.

Where do I level the character? BG, BG2, TOB? Should I export from one game to another? Should I use the command C:SetCurrentXP("161000") etc? Or is there a way to just level up one level without imputing XP numbers for ... 35 levels? Always a different number ... :)

Well, about the x86 64-bit, you know when I said this "old computer architech, fun and all that" I meant it, see if you just look at the wikipedia article of the x86, you find that you definitely can. And so you do.

What comes to the practice leveling up, you just need to start a ToB game, and then use the C:Set ... XP("1...") -like commands, but make sure you only level up 1 level at a time... like you normally would.

The EEKeeper is probably not the perfect tool, so having traps, bonus Bhallspawn powers and HLAs mixes things up in a bad way.

Hmm, someone else needs to figure out the lufi3.2da stuff.

#50 FixTesteR

FixTesteR
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:12 AM

I tried leveling WS from ToB onward, level by level. He never gets a single HLA.

In the OP I found this:
"If you intend to use this mod alongside Refinements, a specific install order must be followed. The kit revision component of this mod should be installed before Refinements while its High Level Ability revision component should go after Refinements."

Maybe that's the problem? Maybe EE mod setup master didn't install it in the right order? Maybe I should install the HLA component now and cross my fingers?

I guess I'll first finish the trilogy run so as to not mess up my game right before finish. I can report back afterwards.

#51 Mordekaie

Mordekaie
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 12:37 AM

I am preparing an EET install and looking for a mod to improve the Wizard Slayer Kit because the vanilla kit is not really appealing (in my opinion). I do like what this mod brings to the Wizard Slayer.

I have been doing some investigations:

1/ This mod is listed in the EET compatibility list

2/ The WSR kit description at character creation and in the record screen are well implemented.

2/ Concerning HLAs and Refinements.

- I read from the post above that : "If you intend to use this mod alongside Refinements, a specific install order must be followed. The kit revision component of this mod should be installed before Refinements while its High Level Ability revision component should go after Refinements."

- I don't know is this is the right load order. Does anyone can confirm this ?

3/ Item restrictions

The following items don't seem to be included in the "moderate changes" component :
- Oil of Fiery Burning (it's chemical, not magical)
- Potion of Explosions (same as above)
- Amulet of the Seldarine (gives MR)
- Ring of Gaxx (same as above)

Does anyone know how to add them to the "usable" item list ?

4/ Synergy with Relieve Wizard Slayer mod ( https://forums.beamd...-eet-bgee-bg2ee )

- From the forum mod, this mod is compatible with WSR and should be installed after WSR
- If you install it after WSR it will overwrite the WSR kit description (but the WSR kit effects are still working)

#52 Mordekaie

Mordekaie
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 02:50 AM

Any one using this mod along Refinements ?

#53 FixTesteR

FixTesteR
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 07:50 AM

Any one using this mod along Refinements ?

I hope you get the answer. Since my last post, nobody seems to be active on this thread. If you find any fixes, please share here. Thanks!

#54 enkku

enkku
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 05:34 AM

Hi, necroposting here but as this might still be an issue I'll try to clarify. The install order you are referring is for the old 3.31 version of Refinements. Since Subtledoctor took the mod under his wing it no longer overwrites HLA's so the correct order for 4.36.1 (latest) is : Rogue rebalancing (if used) > Wizard slayer rebalancing > Refinements.

I have used both old and new version of refinements with same version of WSR (1.14) without any issues, as long as you maintain correct install order.